Omaha, NE
University of Nebraska Medical Center

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Nebraska Medical Center

Coleman

When considering what a university should offer, the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) goes beyond the minimal. From the facilities, faculty and students the potential to achieve a higher education is nearly inevitable. I truly believe UNMC is one of the best graduate institutions in the country.

Brianna

This is a great school to attend, I happen to be in the class that got changed around a bit so things were a little disorganized due to budget cuts. Some of the teachers are hard to get a hold of but I am satisfied with the tests and classes. Of coarse there is a lot of studying but that is expected. Overall I love it here.

Claire

I believe this is a great school dedicated to teaching students the key focus of health care. While this school is extremely focused academically and lacks in extracurricular activities, the rewards from the academics profound due to the access to the medical center.

Aaron

UNMC is a great educator in the medical community.

UNMC is a great educator in the medical community.

I would like to go back in time and tell myselfthis: It really is important to apply for scholarships. Yes there is financial aid in loans, but LOANS, don’t do it if you don’t have to. Of course if you do have to take out loans, do what all the advisors say and borrow only what you need. This is not a joke, nor is it playtime. When you get to college, take time and get to know campus, involve yourself in extracurricular, school supported activites. Make the most of your college time, don’t bluder it by trying to be an adult. You’re really not quite to that stage in life! Be more of a free spirit, organization is great-for school and work, but let yourself go a little more. Enjoy the free festivals in town, intorduce yourself to people, be more outgoing. You are a smart, likeable person; expand on this before life jade’s you.

Someone with drive and how not only wants to but will work hard

Jacob

All through high school I worked hard in my classes and did fairly well with grades, but had not formal direction on what to do after high school. I would give myself three pieces of advice; ACT testing, scholarship applications and study habits. First, I would tell myself to thoroughly prepare for the ACT exam so I could score more than the minimum needed. When I took the ACT in high school, I had no idea how to prepare for it nor the significance of the scores needed to increase chances of financial assistance/acceptance to college. Secondly, I would tell myself to seek out appropriate people in administration to ask for scholarship applications, financial assistance with grants/loans and advanced course work in a specific area of interest. Focusing on specific class work for one area of interest would eliminate changing courses while in college wasting time and finances. Lastly, I would tell myself to change my study habits. I would show how to maximize my study time, create a more effective studying process and improve my grades with intention of academic scholarships.

When I was applying to this progam, it was because it was an accelerated program that would condense my bachelor's degree into one year. I knew it was going to be hard work but I had no true perspective of the amount of hard work associated with this degree. Prior to entering this program, I wish I had spoken with previous students of the accelerated program so I could be better prepared.

Any individual who has no internal drive to work hard and endure many hours of didactic and clinical time should not apply. This institution is very reputable and proud of their history; any person who does not embrace the distinction of this school should also not attend. As with all institutions, any person who doesn't value academic integrity and does not mind cutting corners in the clinical setting should not apply or attend this university.

University of Nebraska Medical Center administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.