University of Nevada-Las Vegas Top Questions

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Bryan

just walking around campus you are sure to see athletes bc of their tall stature and the sweats that they wear and most are really chill people. the only sports that i know people actually go and watch are football and basketball games. the attendance for the football games is waning because of how horrendous our football team is. idk if it is the team or the coaches but something has to be done. on the other hand our basketball team is actually pretty solid and makes it to the ncaa tournament almost every year and has gone pretty far a few times. a lot of people are behind this team and watch the games regularly but too much is put on this team and not enough results are gained, especially for how much money is being put into them. now the university is thinking of building a whole new on campus basketball/football arena with a whole university village. i agree with the village, the university needs a place like that especially to replace some of the crap neighborhoods around campus but we do not need to spend money on this stadium bc we already have two that work. it is good that football is held off campus. with it on, traffic and parking on and around campus would be even worse than it is now.