University of New England Top Questions

Kaitlin

Academically, UNE shines above and beyond. With the small class sizes, it is easy to get to know professors on more of a personal level. Some professors even put their personal cell phones on their syllabus at the beginning of the semester! As an Environmental Science major, I was on a first name basis with the professors in the department. All we ready to work with students on a one-on-one basis if necessary, but most of the classes are discussion based. As far as the core curriculum goes, students are required to take classes outside of their major, which helps up become generally more well rounded. The most unique class that I took at UNE was a faculty led- travel course to both Belize and Panama where we took the class regularly during the semester and after finals, we traveled as a class to our destinations for lab credit! It was probably one of the most exciting and amazing experiences I have had at UNE!

Crosby

Most of my professors know my name except for my Chemistry lecture, where I am 7167. I love Mar 105, Marine biology, with David Guay. I least like Chemisty, where the professor could care less about any one student. The classes where teachers know your name, class participation is common. Students aren't very competitive, but there is some, but mostly jokingly about how they fail a quiz. The education is about getting a job, but also learning. I'm a marine Biology major. It is a very well run department, and the labs are very new and up to date.