University of New England Top Questions

daniel

the campus is located on the new england ocean coastline. the campus is also a dry campus.

University of New England offers oppurtunities to students that are very unique. The Marine Science Center trains volunteers to work with seals and sea turtles that are being rehibilitated. The same building also has research assistant positions with professors if you are driven enough to seek them out. If I had gone to the other schools I applied to, I would not be able to help rehabilitate seals and sea turtles as well as hold a position researching sharks, skates, and rays.

Krista

I consider the best thing about UNE the small university atmosphere. You get to have a lot of one-on-one time with the professors, and the class sizes are small. This provides an excellent learning environment. Also, the small student population, allows tutors to be available to students who want them. You get to know a lot of people, find a lot of friends, and get a great education. I would say that my success here at UNE has a lot to do with it?s size, and I am very grateful that this is a smaller school.

The best thing about UNE is the availability for student involvement. From the student government, to orientation, to the dozens of clubs, there is something for everyone. This helps students build connections and learn from each other, in addition to what they learn in class.

It is a small school where you meet everyone. It is easy to make friends because there are a ton of activities for all types on campus. Since it is a small school, the class sizes are small so there is one on one time with your teacher and you get to know them and wont be afraid to ask for help.

The dedication to great science courses.

Elisabeth

The options open to those who chose a Liberal Arts education. The departments are small and you get really close to your professors because they aren't as busy as those for the Sciences . Also, the students and faculty in general are very warm and open to other perspectives.

I love the small class sizes, because it allows students to interact much better with the professors, and they get to know you very well. We are not just faces in a crowd. All the professor have office hours and will make appointments with you that fit into your schedule to answer your questions.

Professors. They are very knowledgeable, and well versed in the respective fields.

Liz

The location is awesome.

Sky

The student-run Clubs and Organizations. All you need is two people with a common interest and a committment to make things happen, and you can start your own club. Being a club means you are able to reserve rooms on-campus, as well as apply for budget from University Student Government. Two people is all it takes.

The professors are very understanding.