Manchester, NH
University of New Hampshire at Manchester

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of New Hampshire at Manchester

Alexis

I really like UNHM's campus. It is a small campus that actually only consists of one building. It is limited in its lab space but there is everything I need there for my major. Parking can be a bit difficult at times as there are not many spaces for the students. Overall I enjoy the school and all of my teachers are well educated and readily available any time I need to reach them. The tutoring services UNHM offers are also a big plus, I get a free hour of tutoring a week per class and I have already been to a couple sessions.

corey

Incredible school that I would recommend to anyone looking for a college in the area. Faculty and staff are extremely helpful, available, and willing to put in the extra time and effort to make sure their students succeed. Extremely grateful I attend this university.

Micah

I was very displeased with the staff, librarians, and professors. I did not find the community here to be friendly and I felt it was hard to talk to my professors. The user interface on the library website is difficult to use and I ran into many technological problems. Renting out books or movies from the library seemed like an ordeal, the library staff seemed unprofessional and unhelpful. I would also argue the parking is very limited and messy, this campus is in desperate need of more nearby parking. I am shocked by how much UNH Manchester still has to accomplish and I am very pleased to be switching campuses.

Alida

The University of New Hampshire-Manchester is a very unique place of education. For me, it has been a place where I not only am gaining a high quality education, but where I make some of the best memories. The other students, faculty and staff are always willing to lend a hand and help to make UNHM as great as it is.

Dylan

I have nothing but good things to say about the University ofNew Hampshire at the Manchester Location. I previously attended the Durham campus and can say that I enjoy my time in class at the Manchester location much more. The class size is more manageable, the professors are more flexible, and you get to know people more personally.

I am a freshman at the University of New Hampshire at Manchester, having completed my first semester relatively recently. A commuter campus, most students maintain at least part-time jobs, and this being the case, it is difficult to consistently meet other students and stay involved. However, classes are small and professors are very involved and interested in their students, making the smallness of the school worth the difficulties.

Eric

This is a good school. I am going to it because I couldn't afford my first choice. It is a commuter school, so there is basically no campus life but the academics are great. my classes have 20 students and the professors are very nice, hands on, and will spend time with you if you need help.

Callie

UNH-Manchester Campus is a nice place to go if you don't want to dorm. Its a commuter campus that is super easy to get to. It's right off the highway. There are a lot of nice shops and restaurants just a few blocks away. There is a Ymca down the street that is contracted with UNH so students have a free membership as they attend UNHM. The facility is very nice, its a mill building that they renovated. its really cool actually. The professors are nice too. They are very knowledgable and want you to succeed. They are always willing to help you to.

UNH Manchester is perfect if you prefer more individual attention and smaller class sizes.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I who tell myself I deserve more than I think I do. Your education and choice of major is about you and no one else. Focus on what you love and don't do it for any one but yourself. You are the one that has to live with the choices and pay for the classes so choose wisely. If you want to go for something stop second guessing yourself. If is unhealthy for your mind and body. Never skip class, because you are costing yourself money and knowledge everytime. Take time to have fun, the older you get the less time you have for fun. Be smart with the fun you choose to have, because the people around you has an effect on your life, choices, and where you may end up. You have made an incredible choice to continue school and get a degree, so now do not waste that. Give it all you have and never look back.

I wish I had known there weren't many food options on the weekends.

Please, high school Nicole, start on scholarships early! Get money to afford to transfer up to Durham! I know your senior year's been rough, but you have to go to school to achieve your dream! Badger Dad to finish the FAFSA before the night it's due. Don't listen to your "advisor," she'll make you wait too long! You won't be able to afford your first choice at this rate! Don't put off anything that could potentially get you free money. Don't worry about dorm life and roommates, either. Use "Do you mind if..." while decorating or picking sides. Don't hog all the nice furniture, either. Gather up some confidence, leave your door open, ask a group of people if they want to go get dinner. Making friends is easy, you can do it! Drink a lot of water, eat healthy, and excersize! You're paying for all of it, anyway. Make use of the library, too. It's a great place to study. Don't forget to get involved, either! Joining clubs is the best way to make new friends!

The worst thing about this school is the heating/air conditioning. In the University Center, the third floor is almost always freezing no matter the weather outside. Even in summer, bring a sweatshirt! I understand that the old mill buildings are difficult to heat and cool effectively, but it would be nice to not need a jacket in the warmer months. The other floors aren't that bad, it's just that paricular one. Unfortunately, that's where the science labs are. The system they do have is also kind of distracting as far as noise goes.

I brag about the money I saved by staying home! All of my friends wanted to go to Durham, and honestly I did too, but I ended up switching down to the Manchester campus to save money. Everyone I speak to says it's a brilliant idea financially, and I couldn't agree more. The classes are just as challenging in Manchester, and you save a truckload by not having housing fees and a meal plan tacked onto your bill.

University of New Hampshire at Manchester administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.