University of New Hampshire at Manchester Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of New Hampshire at Manchester

Sean

I love going to school at the University of New Hampshire at Manchester! It's a smaller campus, but that's one of my favorite things about the school. The size allows the tight-knit community that characterizes our campus to thrive. Additionally, it's very easy to get involved in a variety of ways including clubs and on-campus employment. If you're looking for a school with small class sizes, fulfilling classes, and lots of great restaurants nearby, I recommend the Universit of New Hampshire at Manchester.

Callie

UNH-Manchester Campus is a nice place to go if you don't want to dorm. Its a commuter campus that is super easy to get to. It's right off the highway. There are a lot of nice shops and restaurants just a few blocks away. There is a Ymca down the street that is contracted with UNH so students have a free membership as they attend UNHM. The facility is very nice, its a mill building that they renovated. its really cool actually. The professors are nice too. They are very knowledgable and want you to succeed. They are always willing to help you to.

Dylan

I have nothing but good things to say about the University ofNew Hampshire at the Manchester Location. I previously attended the Durham campus and can say that I enjoy my time in class at the Manchester location much more. The class size is more manageable, the professors are more flexible, and you get to know people more personally.

Alida

The University of New Hampshire-Manchester is a very unique place of education. For me, it has been a place where I not only am gaining a high quality education, but where I make some of the best memories. The other students, faculty and staff are always willing to lend a hand and help to make UNHM as great as it is.

Eric

This is a good school. I am going to it because I couldn't afford my first choice. It is a commuter school, so there is basically no campus life but the academics are great. my classes have 20 students and the professors are very nice, hands on, and will spend time with you if you need help.

I am a freshman at the University of New Hampshire at Manchester, having completed my first semester relatively recently. A commuter campus, most students maintain at least part-time jobs, and this being the case, it is difficult to consistently meet other students and stay involved. However, classes are small and professors are very involved and interested in their students, making the smallness of the school worth the difficulties.

Micah

I was very displeased with the staff, librarians, and professors. I did not find the community here to be friendly and I felt it was hard to talk to my professors. The user interface on the library website is difficult to use and I ran into many technological problems. Renting out books or movies from the library seemed like an ordeal, the library staff seemed unprofessional and unhelpful. I would also argue the parking is very limited and messy, this campus is in desperate need of more nearby parking. I am shocked by how much UNH Manchester still has to accomplish and I am very pleased to be switching campuses.

Alexis

I really like UNHM's campus. It is a small campus that actually only consists of one building. It is limited in its lab space but there is everything I need there for my major. Parking can be a bit difficult at times as there are not many spaces for the students. Overall I enjoy the school and all of my teachers are well educated and readily available any time I need to reach them. The tutoring services UNHM offers are also a big plus, I get a free hour of tutoring a week per class and I have already been to a couple sessions.

Lejla

It’s okay. It’s a commuter school so not a lot of clubs or anything. They have a little café inside where you can get sandwiches and coffee. It’s very close to elm street though, there are a ton of places to eat there. They used to give you a ymca membership for free but now I think it’s 50% off. There’s 1 dorm with limited space, but plenty of apartments around. I liked the small class sizes, and my professors seemed to really care. I think UNH Manchester is best for people with families or other commitments that would require them to commute

corey

Incredible school that I would recommend to anyone looking for a college in the area. Faculty and staff are extremely helpful, available, and willing to put in the extra time and effort to make sure their students succeed. Extremely grateful I attend this university.