Durham, NH
University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

Ann

Politeness and overall friendly demeanorof the community, students and faculty. Diversity and culture is something i would add to the university. The size of the University seems to be just right for my taste. For the most part people act positively when I say I am part of the student body at UNH. Most of my time is spent in my apartment in the Gables community. What college town?! I am very fond of the UNH administration for the most part. School pride is very big. Frequent complaints about the UNH transportation system, and lack of parking, plowing and understanding.

There is severe lacking in non-minority groups on campus. Students would feel out of place at UNH if they were a nationality outside of caucasion, were LGBT, or of a low sociol-economic status. Most students wear sweatpants, jeans, sweatshits and or T-shirts to class. Different types of students interact but I feel as though there are several groups that don't gravitate outside of their own comfort levels. Frat brothers, Soroity sisters, diligent students, athletic students. Most UNH students are from New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Middle to upper middle class backgrounds are most prevelant. Many students seem to be politically aware. Students seem to be predominantly center.

Transportation is way to strict for an academic setting. A 75$ ticket for a first time offense is outrageous for the college student. Make parking more accessible and more clear!!

Football and men's hockey. Students leave door open. Athletic events which feature males are popular. Lacking guest speakers or advertisement for guest speakers. I met my closest friends through living arrangements, high school friends, and friends of friends. If i'm awake at 2 a.m. tuesday I'm doing homework for class. People party a great deal at UNH, weekdays included. I do not think that fraternities/sororities are important. Last weekend I took the train to boston and saw the ballet with my sociological analysis class. You can go see a movie at the MUB theater. Off campus I visit surrounding friends, and visit nearby attractions i.e. beach, maine.

athletic, white,non open minded

Many of my professors are familiar with my name. My favorite class is Sociology of fashion, and Sociological analysis. My least favorite class was Finite Mathematics. Students seem diligent about their studies, all resources for studying are packed for the most part. Class participation seems to be quite common among my classes smaller in size. I'm sad to report that I hear few intellectual conversations outside the class atmosphere, and some conversations inside the class atmosphere are lacking as well. Students seem to be competitive overall. Sociology of Fashion is the most unique class i've ever taken. I am extremely pleased with my department (sociology), the staff and faculty are dedicated and teach material effectively and with enthusiasm. I meet with professors outside of class once or more each semester. I'm confused on a few academic requirements, and feel as thought some are not applicable to my life, or have been covered previously, or in other courses. I enjoy UNHs less career oriented path. As a transfer student from a career oriented school, UNH offers a much broader approach to education and is giving me a much more well-rounded education, which seems to be helping me greatly in my personal and career knowledge.

Ray

I have never felt out of place here in my experiences but I cant speak for the whole population here at UNH. The good thing about UNH's size is that chances are there is someone here you will connect with. If the size of the school is overwhelming I definately suggest joining a club that interests you, its great way to meet people.

General Education classes that are in a big lecture hall can be hard to get to know your professor. A lot of classes in my major are smaller and you can get to know the professors and classmates. I have found that TA's can be really helpful especially if you are having trouble in a class. In Communication Sciences and Disorders our goal as undergrads is to get a base education of the science so our focus is in getting into grad school. Grad school is geared more towards getting a job since a masters is the entry level requirement to be a speech language pathologist.

I think getting involved in activities at UNH is a great way to meet people and expand your connections here. The MUB offers a lot of speakers, movies and shows. Most of them are free which is great being a college student. As far at community in the dorms leaving your doors open is a great way to make friends. Some of my best friends here at school are the people I lived with in the dorms. My floor was really friendly and we always had our doors open it made for a better environment.

UNH has a lot of activities to offer its not all about partying

Ainsley

I have had some great professors here at UNH. If I could change one think i would change the fact that there is absolutely no where to park conveniently. People don't really make assumptions about me when i tell them that I go to UNH. I spend most of my time in my classes. Durham is absolutely a college town. I feel that the UNH administration is mostly trying to take as much money as possible and are hard to negotiate. For example, I needed a refund of my meal plan for medical purposes and they made it very difficult. Its unnecessary.The most frequent student complaints are the fact that the admin never calls snow days when its dangerous to drive, and there is no where to park.

I havnt had too many interactions with the groups on campus. I dont think that any student would feel out of place here because there is a fairly diverse population. Most students wear jeans and sweatshirts. Different studenst interact pretty often. Most UNH students are from NH, ME, CT, NJ, RI, etc. I feel that middle class students are most prevalent. I think that most students at UNH are Left centered.

UNH is pretty cool, I love going to school here and have a pretty good time. There are some negative aspects as would be the same at any school.

UNH students are alcoholics. All they do is drink and party.

Not entirely, some students do drink a lot though.

Some professors know my name, mostly only profs in my major. My favorite class involved a professor that was extremely knowledgable, available outside of class, very organized, and provided several study resources. Students are not too competitivce and class participation does not happen to often because we have such large class sizes.

Students sometimes leave their doors open, its dependent on the individual floors. Athletic events are very popular. The dating scene mostly revolves around drinking, hanging out in big groups, hanging out in dorms/apts. Not so much going out on dates. People party pretty much 2-3 times a week on avg. Frats/Sororities are fairly important. I did homework and went out drinking last weekend. On a saturday night i can go to the movies, do homework, go out to eat with friends, hang out in my room.

I think UNH is a great school. Some feel overwhelmed by the size, but for many it is not an issue. One thing I'd change is the cost. As a low-income out of state student, UNH's cost was scary. I was lucky enough to recieve very generous fiancial aid, but not all are that lucky. UNH gets the least help from their home state's government in the entire country, and it shows. The school is amazing, but if the tution was lower I think a more diverse set of students would be applying to the university. Durham truly is a college town. It is a quick walk to the downtown area, with many stores, a small grocery store, the post office, and even a Dunkin' Donuts is within walking distance. The biggest controversy on campus right now is the strike teachers want to innact for the summer classes. There is a great deal of school pride when it comes to athletics, but in general people are not as passionate about the school in general as they could be. One thing I will always remember about UNH is their hesitancy to call snow days. I have walked, swum, slipped, trudged, and anything in between.

Because UNH is in NH, there is not much ethnic diveristy. There are many clubs though for students that have different racial, sexual preferences, or other beliefs to join and find others who share their views. As a lower class student, I have to admit that because of the high cost, UNH does attract many higher class students. It can be hard fitting in when many of your friends do not understand what it is like growing up poor. But one can make the most of it and I believe that anyone can find friends that they can fit in with and trust. The campus is fairly liberal, like most colleges.

There are a lot of sport teams, and many club teams. I played on my dorm's broomball team, which is a HUGE sport here at UNH. If you like ice and are not afraid of a few bruises, this is the sport for you! Most of my closest friends I met in my dorm. I also have close friends in my classes. On a Saturday night you'll find us watching movies and having a great time, no drinking involved. UNH has VERY STRICT drinking laws when it comes to drinking in dorms. If you are under 21, you should not drink in the dorm. It is just a stupid thing to do. Even though you might hear that other colleges don't care, do not think UNH is like that. Frats and sororities are kind of a big part of camups, but only for those who like the party scene. There are some frats and sororities that do not go along with that typical image, and are professional organizations.

One of the mail stereotypes about UNH and UNH students is partying. People think that students here at UNH do not care about their classes and would rather go out every night and skip classes in the morning. There are students out there who do to that, but they have no respect from the rest and majority of their peers who DO care.

For my major, because it is a pre-professional science major, all of my classes are intro and basic classes, which means they are HUGE. All of my classes this semester have lectures with over 150 people. This does not bother me, because I know that as I move on in my studies, the classes will become more personal. In my major students are very competitive because veterinary school is so hard to get into. It is important to do more than just get good grades so you can stand out. As of right now, my classes are pretty boring, but I cannot expect much more at this point. My reward, as I see it, for going through the motions my freshman year, will be more interesting classes and classes with more students who share my passions.

NO. Yes there are parties. Yes people go out and get drunk and do really irrisponsible things. But the majority of students either do not go out, or if they do, practice safe drinking habits.

Quinn

Best thing : outdoor activities, inexpensive cost of living Size : perfect! How do people react : How did you hear about that school? Spend most time : dining hall What college town. Durham sucks UNH admin : great, not very present on campus Controversy : housing Ton of school pride Unusual : great outdoors surrounding the campus. beautiful lawns Experience to remember : freshman dorm life and freshman outing club orientation trip Complaints : lack of social scene in Durham and early closing of dining halls with snow

Yes. Another stereotype would be backwoods, rural students living in a small college town.

Students at UNH are not academically centered. Professors are great, but students interested in doing well is not obvious. This is reflected in the easy courses. UNH is not towards getting a job. The career and internship service is really lacking. They recommend working at summer camps, not interning at major institutions or businesses.

Beer drinkers, partiers, hippies

The best thing about UNH... is probably the weekend. I have had more fun during one random weekend being a UNH undergrad, then I had during all four years of my highschool days. The friends I have made here are amazing. They are incredibly wild, fun, and carefree. Every person here seems to know and value that these are our "last" four years- to be young, and careless. If I could change one thing- I would probably have a "how to guide" for freshmen as far as the academic advising goes. I've had waaay too many friends get dicked over by hidden prereq's and poor advice from professors that are not in proper communication with their departments. I would recommend that every new student goes into this school knowing its kind of large- and are motivated and determined to knock on their advisors door every chance they get- and stay on track academically. That being said, I personally feel that my school size is PERFECT. I come from a small town (high school was about 1,500 kids) so this school is small enough where you will see familiar faces (especially if you're put in one of the freshmen dorms), but large enough that if you make a couple mistakes, the gossip train isn't going to get right back to you. When I tell people I go to UNH, they obviously ask me if I go to the hockey games first (I've been to one)... but for the most part, people seem to have this glamorous idea in their heads. It feels pretty kickass to be able to have so much pride for going to such an awesome university. I spend most of my time at my residence, the gym, and then house parties/bars. Durham is straight up a college town- and NOTHING more. We have no food chains- Dunkins is off campus on your way out of town- and our equivalent to Walmart is a Rite Aid; however, if you have a car- or take advantage of the bus transportation- Dover and Portsmouth are awesome- and the beach is 20/30 minutes away. The Fox Run Mall blows- but Salem mall is 45 minutes away- and the Mall of New Hampshire is about 40 minutes away as well... oh- and the parking sucks. Plan on paying about $500 in bullshit parking tickets throughout your time here. $15.00 tickets if your meter runs out- $50.00 if you park in a lot without a permit- and $75.00 if you leave your car in any lot during the winter... if "Smittys" garage doesn't tow your ass first, for at least a $100 minimum. Despite the shitty parking, under-cover bullshit cops, overcrowded gym, etc... UNH is one in a million. HELL YES I have school pride. Drive by Cowell Stadium in the fall and witness the students decked out in UNH gear, slugging beers, and screaming in anticipation of the upcoming football game- and you wont be able to argue. Academically, I am walking away from this university with a full resume. I have had the opportunity to be a reasearch assistant, to be a teacher's assistant for a stats class, to do the honors program, i've taken extra courses every semester, and i've fostered incredibly close relationships with professors I plan on keeping a life long connection with. You get back, what you put in. If you want to come here and spend every school day skipping class, every night blacked out or drugged out, and every weekend a sloppy mess- you probably will- and you might walk away with a degree. But if you come to this school to "work hard- and play harder" I think you will find you belong to the majority of us here. We are America's future- but we don't take our lives so seriously that we forget how to have fun. We're still young- and just because we're growing old- does not mean we are forfeiting our right to grow up. When I throw my cap in the air this spring, I will not regret a single thing- because this experience has made me the person I am- and I walk away with confidence that UNH has prepared me for the real world at large.

If you're white- welcome to UNH. You'll fit right in. If you are of another race, be prepared to feel a little "outnumbered" if you're not used to it. Most students wear Abercrombie, UGGS, Hollister, Coach/Vera Bradley purses/bags, Northface, Polo, etc... Students do interact- on the weekends- but I can honestly say that this college is as cliquey as my high school was. There's the football players- the rest of the athletes- there's the Meathead Greeks- there's the sorority girls- there are the hippies/outdoor club- and then the rest of us. If there were four dining tables- one would be strictly football players- one would be strictly greeks- and the remaining two would be a mix of regular students. Most UNH kids are from MASS/NH/CT/NY. Most are well off. I am considered the "17% poorest" demographically- but it doesnt bother me too much- but that's me personally. I like being financially independent and I like knowing I've worked for what I own. A lot of kids have part time jobs- and most people are pretty chill. Financial background is only relevant when it comes to clothing/the car you do or dont drive/and how often and much you drink at the bar. I would say there's a lot of political activity on campus- theres always stuff going on in front of T-Hall. I would say we may lean towards the liberal side- but its really tight. No- no one really talks about how much they'll earn. If they do- they usually sound cocky, arrogant- and disgusting- so I'm usually quick to walk off at that point in the convo.

#7 party school says a lot- we are fun, we are wild, and we go out to black out. Most of the girls here wear abercrombie, are a size 2, and drive the cars their daddy's bought... there are 10 gorgeous girls to one average guy. Greek life is huge here... it can be pretty overwhelming to be a freshmen if you dont know what you're getting into. There is very little racial diversity, besides the football team and basketball team- most of whom are usually both busy running their game on the field/court and the freshmen girls . Dont be fooled by the fact this school is in the heart of New Hampshire- because this hippy school has gone completely prep.

Greeks = most popular. I think we have something ridiculous- like 30 sororities and frats? The group I'm involved in- is called the group thats friends with everyone and breaks down the invisible walls of the immature cliques. Freshmen dorms are the place to be. They're the best bet for making friends fast (Williamson & Christianson). Stoke was fun for most- but it sucked for me, because me and my roommate were practically the only two freshmen on a sophomore floor of already established friends. Hockey is huge- football is huge- everything else gets left out of the lime light. They need more musical acts here. 50 cent was here ages ago. In my time I've seen The Roots, Maroon 5, Allison & Krauss, and Ludacris (awesome). Dating for me, has been a f*cking joke on this campus. The boys think with their dicks- not their heads or hearts- but I think that's socially expected. I've learned not to take any one seriously. Expect the unexpected- and that way you're not left feeling disappointed. I have had a somewhat serious boyfriend for a few months- so i'm not saying its not impossible- but in general i think dating someone serious in college is a big no-no. Pretty much all my friends have cheated- or been cheated on. I think its better to be single, carefree, and date as much as you can... that way you know what to look for- and to look out for- when we do get to finding someone special. I met my closest friends through friends- its all about networking. I met most of my friends- by learning to get over if someone was going to like/love/hate me- and just being me. If I'm awake at 2am on a Tuesday night (tuesday boozeday)... I am probably either eating Campco pizza with a side of ranch dressing, making out with one of my guy friends, or giggling away in my livingroom with my girlfriends. Homecoming is huge here. Halloween is probably bigger than Christmas- people start planning their outfits months in advance. Red Sox games and patriot games bring the national guard and swat teams in due to our rioting. People party Sunday Fundays, Tuesday boozedays, Wednesdays at the Knot, Thursday is the biggest bar night- some take friday off- and Saturday is usally house parties. Who you are- and what your priorities are- affects your party life. This past weekend was amazing. I went to the Brewery Lane Tavern in Portsmouth Wednesday night for trivia night (me & my girlfriends beat our male friends/opponents). Thursday was a typical bar night where I ended up in scorps basement pretending I was Beyonce. Friday we had a legendary birthday party at my house- that didnt get busted- and brought all the cliques into one room at one time. Saturday night I went into Boston (1 hour drive) with my girls- got a hotel room in Cambridge with a view of the river- went to a nice dinner- hit the Gypsy bar- and danced the night away. If you dont want to drink on a Saturday night- get the hell off campus- to avoid the noise. Go to a movie. Go to dinner. Go bowling. Go ice skating. Go night skiing.

I belong to the largest major on this campus, and I am a quote-unquote "psychology superstar". I have been a teacher's assistant. I have been a reasearch assistant. I am now doing my own honors thesis. I am doing the honors within major program. I have received a $3500 grant to conduct my research from UROP. I have taken extra courses every semester and know the majority of my professors well (minus general education courses- which have 200-500 lecture class sizes). My favorite two courses have been my "healthy psychology" course- and "counseling" course. I highly believe in using the "ratemyprofessor.com" resource to research strong professors from unfair/difficult ones. I am in the Golden Key International Honor Society because my GPA is usually around a 3.5- but last semester I scored a 3.9. Students are not really competitive with each other- I think thats more high school- but we are competitive, because at this stage in the game- you're competing for a job when your GPA gets slapped on your transcript. If you dont take your schoolwork seriously, why are you in college? This school is huge. If you want to succeed academically- you need to get to know the receptionist of your department (the psych receptionist, Robyn, has helped me more times than I could count)- you need to get to know your advisor- you need to go to your professors office hours and ask questions- basically, you need to SHOW you care- and not just be a name on the roster. If you are in the Whittemore School of Business, you are definitely going to walk away with a job here very easily... otherwise, be prepared to do a little more independent networking. But the Career Services in Hood House are AMAZING. I have been there several times to sit down and talk about my future options. They have given me many resources to work with- and have even offerred to help locate potential employers.

Yes to some degree. The number of arrests, drunken injuries, blackout bars, and poor decisions definitely seem to reflect our #7 party status. There are some rich bitches- but if you can learn to look below the surface you will find that most of the girls have beauty AND brains here. The greek system is a little out of control- but it makes you appreciate the nontraditional/nontrendy kids even more. It is sad that there isnt much diversity here- but I think most people expect that when they move to New Hampshire.

I really like UNH because you can pretty much walk to everything you need. I think the school is the perfect size. I spend most of my time at the Field House because of my major, Athletic Training.

I dont think any kind of student would feel out of place at the dining hall. Most students wear sweatpants and sweatshirts to early morning classes.

That everyone who goes here parties because we are the top 7th party school in the nation.

Sometimes students in dorms leave their doors open to chat with other residents. Football and Hockey are the most popular athletic events. Some people party 2-4 times a week others rarely do.

My professors all know my name but I dont have any lectures this semester. Those are the classe where the professors dont know your name. It depends on the student how often they study. I see my professors out of class all the time because of my clinical experience.

The best thing about UNH is that the campus is basically the town. You feel safe, secure, and a part of a community. I would have more diversity if I couldt change anything and for it to stop being so cold!!! I think that UNH has the perfect amount of students (around 11,000 undergrads). School pride is mostly shown through football games in the fall and hockey in the winter. The stadium and arena are guaranteed packed venues.

UGGS, puffy jackets, spandex, sweatshirts are the attire 3/4 of the girls on this campus wear to class. Weekend nights are for dressing up. Most boys dress in the preppy, casual look.

I believe they are. While I am not involved in the Greek system, I have numerous friends who are and drinking 3-4 times a week is not even a question.

The higher level courses have less people in them. The lecture classes can have upwards of 300 people which is nice for certain subjects. Being an English major, I am prone to having smaller discussion run classes. My lecture classes were all for my gen ed classes. I rarely ever study and find that procrastination is my worst enemy. I have met with my professors on need based basis and have never had a problem with one professor at UNH. I feel as if I am more learning in my classes than being prepared for the outside world or a career in the English field.

The most popular groups are the sports teams and Greek system. Fraternities are always having parties and it isn't uncommon to go to the football house on a Saturday night to party. Tuesday and Thursday nights are huge bar nights on campus. Friday's are often dull and left to recover from the previous nights festivities. The MUB has a theater that often shows movies at discounted prices of $2 for movies that have yet to be released on DVD. That is one alternative to partake in on the weekends and hockey games start around 7pm and are guaranteed a great time. Living off campus, I feel as if I'm more disconnected from other events on campus but I know there is always flyers and emails informing students about campus events.

UNH is a non-diverse campus that is known nationwide for its Whittemore school of business. A large portion of the campus is involved in the Greek system and UNH students aren't afraid to party.

Kristin

UNH was my safety school and was never my first choice. My older sister, both parents, and a few aunts and uncles all went here, and I sort of felt like "been there, done that." I had always thought of it as just the state school and nothing special, so when money reasons made me come to UNH, I wasn't completely thrilled. However, I am really glad that I ended up coming here. UNH is fairly big, but small enough that I feel comfortable here. Durham is tiny, but there are enough things in the area that it doesn't feel like there's never anything to do. The professors are actually really great, and the dining halls are pretty good too. (Whenever my friends from other schools visit, they remark on how nice the dining halls.) Overall, I think coming to UNH was a good decision for me.

The majority of UNH students are white New Hampshire natives. Having said that, there is a good amount of diversity for being in NH; the MUB has flags for every country represented at UNH and I'm always surprised by how many there are.

To an extent, yes. It's not quite as bad as the stereotypes make it seem, but the majority of students are white and preppy.

As a second semester sophomore, I have only had two classes so far of over 40 people. I think part of this is due to the fact that I'm an English major, but whatever the reason, it's been great. My professors have gotten to know me, and all of them have been very accessible outside of class. For me, the transition to college schoolwork was pretty easy. Freshman year especially- I felt like my AP classes senior year of high school were harder than my freshman classes. The way college classes are set up gives you so much more free time than in high school, and I really like that a lot because I can budget my time whenever I want to to get my work done.

That everyone is really preppy and that there's no diversity.

People at UNH party a lot, but there are always plenty of other things to do if you aren't into that scene. I'm not much of a drinker myself, but most weekends the MUB has various events going on. They have two $2 movies playing every week (ones that are out of movie theaters but not yet on DVD), and there have been magicians, musicians, comedians, and other free events on various weekends, too.

UNH is amazing. It is just big enough to meet somebody new everyday, but small enough that you can hang out with your own clique if you want to. I was the only person from my graduating high school class to go to UNH. It was great coming by myself, because that way I knew I would have to meet new people and not just depend on high school friends. People think UNH was a random school for me, but when I go home over break, I'm the only one bragging about my school. None of my friends love their school the way I do. The best things about UNH are the campus, and the people. The campus looks like something from a postcard in the fall. You know you're at a New England school when, in the winter, people ski across campus and build snowboarding jumps all over the place. During the warmer seasons, a lot of people spend their time outside. Some professors even opt to teach their classes outside on the really nice days. UNH has a lot of pride, especially when it comes to our sports teams! We're a huge hockey school and there is definitely a feeling of competition in the air when schools like U.Maine come to town.

UNH is hugely diverse. When I walk to class everyday, I usually hear at least one different language being spoken. There are a lot of clubs on campus that include religious groups, LGBT groups, etc. I have not met a person here at school that can't find a niche to chill with. If there were four tables of students in the dining hall and I had to describe them, I couldn't. Usually athletes eat together, but not always. There are a lot of cliques that you wouldn't expect to see. UNH students come from all over- I'm personally representing MA. :) Students come from overseas, too. Financial backgrounds of students are very diverse, too. Some have received a full boat to come, others struggle to pay. However, UNH does give out a lot of money in scholarships. UNH is a primary state, and there are a lot of political science majors here. Almost all of the presidential candidates come through here at least once, so there is a lot of politically active/aware students. That doesn't mean, however, that YOU have to be politically active. You can just as easily avoid those people as join them.

UNH is stereotyped as a ridiculous party school.

For the most part, UNH is a pretty crazy party school (I heard we made #7 on the Princeton Review!). If you aren't into that kind of thing, however, I have never seen a school with more alternative activities. There are so many different things going on at UNH on a typical weekend, that if you do not want to join in partying, there would be a long list of other things to do. From what I have seen and heard, we deserve that spot on the Princeton Review!

A lot of students at UNH participate in sports one way or another. Intermurals are huge here. Broomball is a favorite- it's where you run around on the ice in your sneakers and try to get a ball in the net. Athletic events are pretty popular, especially our hockey games. There are over 200 clubs on campus, and UNH says that as long as you have people to join your club, you can create your own. We have everything from musical groups to a club called "Extreme Grilling". We have a good amount of Greek life on campus. Personally, I met my best friends by living in the dorms together. There are so many different kinds of people on campus that you almost have to try to NOT make friends. A typical weekend for me consists of going out to parties and hanging out with friends. There are a lot of events on campus if you do not like to go out and drink. We have a lot of comedians and musicians come through here. A lot of people stay on campus for the weekends.

There are a variety of classes at UNH. I've heard amazing stories, and some horror stories about kids hating classes. Coming in as a freshman, you will have to take some larger lecture classes, but I like them. You can sit in the back and pass out, or you can choose to listen. Most of the material is interesting, because you can finally pick to study something that you want to, whereas in high school you're forced to take classes that you'd rather die than to go to. A lot of professors give out their personal information so you can reach them whenever. Most professors make a valiant effort to get to know their students. Of course there are general education requirements, but there are a lot of ways to pass them. If you're not a science person, you can take classes like "Germs" and "Making Babies" that do not have labs. A lot of people study here. People here are pretty competitive when it comes to school, especially in the business school. The huge difference concerning academics that differs from high school, is that you only get out of it what you put in. You can choose not to do your work, but then you realize you're paying a crazy amount of money to fail. Students seem to understand this right away. I am a Communications/International Affairs major. The communications major is pretty common here. As an IA major, I love seeing the different kinds of professors I get. I had one from Russia, one from Greece, and one who was an ambassador for a country, who spoke several languages. All professors have office hours or you can call to sit down at a different time. I've even heard of professors having pasta dinners before finals! The education at UNH is geared toward learning AND getting a job. There is a lot of academic advising and tutoring places if you're having any trouble. The Hood House has plenty of references if you need help getting jobs. They review resumes, have internship/career fairs, and mock interview days.

University of New Hampshire-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.