University of New Hampshire-Main Campus Top Questions

Derek

Students are hit or miss: they came to learn, or they sleep through class.

My classmates were very friendly and helpful. We had many group projects and I never ran into a problem working with them.

Gwen

My peers are people of varied backgrounds and opinions who are open for discussions in the small classroom settings and have a focus for progressing their education in the large university setting.

They mostly know what they want and where they are going, but there are many that make me wonder why are they even here.

Aida

They are friendly and for the most part non-judgemental.

Sacha

Mostly friendly, helpful people who enjoy meeting new people; know how to party but can get work done too; a lot of wealthier students as well however there are the fair share of non wealthy students; very diverse group of people who come together in the name of the Wildcats.

My classmates are a mix of strongly dedicated students and students that are simply there because they do not know what else to do.

Blair

Diverse interests and backgrounds

My classmates are dedicated to their studies, are engaging in class disuccsions, and are thoroughly accepting of all topics disucssed.

New Hampshire's population is predominantly white, but I have taken classes with people of all ethnicities. This school has students from all walks of life. There are poor students, rich students, homosexual students, heterosexual students, and even a few foreign students. The diverse student body adds to the learning experience one is supposed to get from college. I have learned a lot about who I am and who I want to be by talking with classmates from a completely different culture from my own.

If I had an 8am class I would be there in my pajamas, as would a large majority of the students. Take a look at campus and you'll see people everywhere rocking a UNH hoodie (the go-to outfit), unless they belong to Greek life, then it will be containing their Greek letters. People dress casually for class unless they have presentations, in which case they will try to look nice with black pants or a nice sweater (rare). There is such a wide variety of students that place importance on such different things that I can't imagine anyone ever feeling out of place at UNH. There is legitimately something and a place for everyone with people who feel the same way too.

I do not think any students would feel out of place at UNH. We are truly a melting pot of cultures, backgrounds, and socio-economic classes. From wherever you come from or whatever your story is, a friend can be found at UNH. I think that by going to a public university, financial backgrounds are not important. Yes, there will always be people who have more money than others, but here it's not really an issue. There are so many multiculturalism groups, religious organizations, and clubs that support LGBT causes. There is truly a little bit of everything for any type of student. Any sort of discrimination is not tolerated and is taken seriously if an incident does occur.

Most of the classmates all know each other and hang out over the semesters.

The students at UNH all have varying interests, but whether you want to spend your weekends drunk at a frat, playing bingo in the MUB, or volunteering at a community dinner, you will find a group of friends with the same interests.

Scot

My classmates are the best around as they are enjoyable, hardworking, friendly and interesting.

Some classmates sit in the back and talk non-stop while some students will pay very close attention to what is going on.

Eboni

Unique, everyone enjoys showing their personalities and most are not shy about it, including professors.

Elisabeth

My classmates care very seriously about their classes and grades but like to have fun and enjoy the classes they take. They care about their future and work hard to gain internships/jobs for experience

Joelle

The studetns are mixed in their willingess to learn. Some are very passionate, others would like to party.

Fun and laid-back, but know when to get down to business to get school work done, they're all really good students and have great social lives!

My classmates are passionate, hard working, mortivated individuals who also motivate me to give it my all but also have fun while doing it.

Leanna

The classmates are pleasantly diverse and have much to contribute to the discussion portions of the lecture, which adds nicely to the learning atmosphere.

They are all willing to learn and try to make a consistent effort with their studies.

Interested in their classes, like outdoor sports and hanging out and talking.

Leandra

The group of people surrounding me in classes is very diverse, and I can find people with similar and opposite interests, and some who would help me in a heartbeat.

George

My classmates are very focused about the subject.

Anjel

My fellow nursing classmates are driven and self-disciplined individuals that strive to help others, all the while helping themselves toward a better and difference-making future.

A very friendly, environmentally conscious group of students who seem to flow from activity to activity. Certain majors are more clicky than others but all are inclusive to new comers. A predominantly white campus given the geographical area, but incredibly liberal and accepting.

Sydney

All of the classmates I have met thus far have been very friendly and kind to me. Many of them come from towns where there are few if any black students attending. With that in mind I have found no problems regarding any racial slurrs or negative responses towards me. It has been the exact opposite; my classmates are warm and welcoming and it seems like everyone just wants to help eachother succeed.

Friendly, openl, helpful, and caring.

Gyoo

Many classmates are unwilling to pay attention to the professor.

My class mates are hard-woking, but know how to let loose, and relax on the weekends!

This campus is very large, about 15,000 students all together so it is easy to feel a little lost. What I have found so far is that no matter where you are on campus people are always really friendly, holding doors and saying hello. I always see tons of kids in the library doing home work, or outside playing frisbee. I have had the experience of working with upperclassmen, and freshman. Everyone here is generally nice and smart which shows UNH is a competative school. I feel lucky to have a large pool of classmates to experience college with.

My classmates at the University of New Hampshire are very successful students. These classmates typically have very successful high school backrounds. In fact, two of my classmates currently have 4.0 gpa's at UNH. Being in the engineering program, I would say that the majority of students in the program are serious and dedicated students.

A variety of personalities: partiers, nerds, athletes, hipsters... and people who are a combination of all of the above.

My classmates come from so many different backgrounds that each of us brings a specific perspective that can be shared and appreciated by others.

Variety of ethnicities. Many slackers. Some hardworkers.

Briana

I would tell prospective students that if you do well in large classes, have lots of school spirit, and enjoy really good food then UNH is the school for you. The beach is near by, as well as mountains, and it's only an hour drive to Boston. It's a great school, and as always it's what you make of it.

Jarad

My classmates are down-to-earth type of people. There is not a lot of diverse racial/cultural, but there is definitely diverse personalities at this campus. Most people are friendly and out-going, and are willing to lend a helping hand.

There's alot of them.

Similar to me . Involved in this major (Public Health) because they are committed. They want to learn, and they want to contribute to our world.

I have a large number of classmates. I don't know all of them, but the ones I do know and who speak in class are outgoing, smart, and challenge-taking.

My classmates are both helpful and annoying depending on what is going on.

All my classmates have been very friendly and with the small class size we have bonded and learn from each other.

Autumn

My classmates are smart, dedicated to their futures and show similar career goals as my own.

Sade

the difference between me and them is our skin pigment but we all want the same and that's an education.

Many of my classmates are very goal-oriented and focused, but others have no idea which direction they want to take their lives in, which makes for a great campus atmosphere because no one person is left feeling alone and confused; there is a niche for everyone, including those who enjoy solitude.

Brendan

My classmates seem to be very intelligent as they have a very wide view of the world.

morrigan

young

Most are well-off students who, by this year in their studies, take the work seriously and are looking into their future; a much different scene than the one of first years who don't know if they can handle the college lifestyle and tend to be not as serious as they should be about their work.