University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

What I brag about most when I tell my friends about my school is how my school is the complete a total package. UNH has great classes/professors, sports teams, campus, food, housing, social scene, gym, community, and most importantly a friendly student body! UNH is the ideal college, you live in a friendly community while getting a highly valued education, all the while having a thriving social life. To top it all off, I love the camous even more because it's only about 45 mineuts away from my home town, which makes going home for holidays extremely easy.

When I tell my friends about the University of New Hampshire, I brag about its oppurtunities. Compared to other schools, it offers many more oppurtunities and experiences to students at a lower cost. Still expensive, like all colleges are, the University has found a way to put students money to good use for them. The oppurtunities range from internships and work study jobs to Study Abroad programs to thier own cow farm and horse stables. They give you connections to help you get to your career of choice and consistently try to work around a student's needs.

My school has a very beautiful campus filled with so many wonderful acvitivites, clubs, athletics, and organizations to become involved in, I'm never, ever bored! All of my professors are extremley well-educated and passionate about teaching college students and they really know how to get the information to "stick" in our brains. Also being the hockey fan that I am, the hockey games are never shy of a fun, school-spirited time! Lastly, the food is actually very tasty and the variation meets any preferences any UNH student might have! Go UNH!!

My school is on the cutting edge of some new and fascinating areas of study. I am taking a class that is part of a new dual major program called "EcoGastronomy", and although I have to explain what it means to everyone I meet, it's the best class I have ever taken. It takes a revolutionary look at the far-reaching effects of food. I also participated in some exciting research at UNH as a community college student . I never thought of myself as a "science person" but now I'm a science major and couldn't be happier.

When I talk to my friends about the University of New Hampshire I like to tell them about my dormitory. I was blessed with being placed into a newly renovated dorm that is highly sought after for students to live in. My dorm is home to some of the international students and learning about different cultures through them is eye opening. I love the atmosphere of my dorm as well. The residential advisors and hall director go out of their way to make me feel a part of the community and make me feel like I'm still at home.

When I lay awake at night, I can hear the bells at Thompson Hall ringing. They are the same bells my mom heard thirty years ago when she was a student. The school has a timeless quality. It is clean and we have one of the most environmentally aware colleges in the country. There are year round sports and we are a short hike to the mountains as well as the beach. One has to earn the luxury of playing, as academics come first here. The school challenges you to be your best--I am constantly improving. Such is UNH.

It's a really nice campus, everything is easy to get to. The area around the school has pretty much anything you need and if it isn't in the immediate area, there are plenty of buses to get you there. The teachers are very knowledgable, the class sizes are small enough that they will always answer your question. Housing is nice, all the facilities in general are nice actually. The food is good and you can get some even if you are up late studying. There is always help if you need, all you need to do is ask.

I always brag to my friends about the beautiful buildings and scenery on campus. The food is also spectacular, and I always talk about the University's wide range of meals and desserts. The people on campus are also very friendly and it is extremely easy to make friends. I abrag about how there is always something to do; I am involved in intramural sports such as broomball and basketball. There is never a dull moment on campus, and am always jam-packed with activities, schoolwork, or my job to be busy with.

I brag about the dorm that I live in and the campus facilities. The dorms are great, and everyone feels like family. The dining halls have THE BEST FOOD from any other cafeteria or dining hall from any other college campus I have been to. The campus itself is beautiful in every season, and the university takes great strides to keep it that way. I love my classes and the people I have met and had the privelege to work with. It is simply a really great school to be at.

One of my Physics professors discovered the "Bow shock" phenomenon. I also talk about how I'm double majoring in English and Classics and minoring in Physics, and I bragged to one friend about how the book on his shelf was written by my Ancient Greek professor. I also talk about the fantastic food options, the wide and accepting collection of cultures, and all the fun social activities in which one can participate in addition to keeping up with school work.