University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

When I was first applying to colleges I never thought that I would end up at UNH. I always wanted a small school and to be in the city. UNH was the complete opposite of what i was looking for but now that I am here I couldn't picture myself anywhere else. The campus is beautiful and the people are friendly. Even though UNH is a big school it seems so much smaller once you go here and meet everyone. I feel that the size is just right for me and if I had chosen to go to a smaller school I wouldn't have loved it the way I love UNH. When I tell people that I go to UNH they become interested and want to hear more. I spend most of my time on campus at Alpha Phi because I live here and when I'm not here during the week you can usually find me at the Dimond Library. There is tons of school pride and I love attending all the sports events. You can't walk through campus without seeing someone sporting UNH gear. I love UNH and would reccommend anyone and everyone to come here.

The best thing about UNH is the fact that i have made some of the best friends ever. The campus is the perfect size, not too big or too small and you can avoid people if you do not want to see them! People stereotype me going to UNH by saying its exactly like highschool because so many of the kids in my highschool go there. I spend most of my time on campus in my sorority house, work or class. UNH is definitely a college town because it is so perfect here. UNH's administration is fantastic always providing help when we need it. I'm not too sure what the biggest recent controversy on campus is except maybe when someone wrote something bad in the hallway of stoke last semester? School pride is definitely in excess here on campus from sports events just to all the UNH apparel we wear. I love being at UNH and i have never doubted my choice to come here. It is the perfect place for me and i would never change that.

The best thing about UNH is that it is such a beautiful campus. The brick building and the fact that it is so walking-friendly is great. I would change the location of it. It is kind of in the middle of nowhere. I love a big school. When I tell people I attend UNH, the first thing they usually say is "Heard the parties are crazy there," or something along the lines of that. I spend most of my time on campus in my dorm. I am currently enrolled in the WSBE program here and UNH and I dislike it very much. Some classes I feel are too hard to maintain the WSBE grading requirements. I am not really sure of the biggest controversy. Yes, UNH has a lot of school pride, especially when it comes to the mens football team in the fall and the hockey teams in the winter. One thing that students often complain about is that Durham is such a small town that it sometimes get a little boring.

I love UNH all around. I dont think I'd change anything. UNH is the perfect size for me. People say "oh cool" when I tell them I go to UNH. I spend most of my time either in the library/class or in my dorm on the weekdays and out at parties on weekend nights, library weekend days. Durham is a pretty decent college town. I like my major's administration for the most part, the dean is hard to get a hold of though, and his secretary is an idiot. The most recent controversy on campus is making alcohol paraphenalia in the dorms against the rule (posters, empty wine bottles, etc). Also, cars have been getting stolen. There is ton's of school pride, especially for the hockey team. UNH is your typical college. I'll never remeber the times I spent with the best friends I'll never forget. Students complain about there being nothing to do, but they're just not looking hard enough.

UNH is a pretty good school, it's a good size and has a nice campus. The surrounding town is nice but it's kind of small. On campus I probably spend most of my time in my dorm, or at the gym, in class, etc. The administration sucks. It's so hard to get anything done because you have to go through 20 different people. The biggest controversies usually have something to do with somethat that went on at a party the weekend before. Complaints include how bad the administration is, where is our money going? and the campus is a lot smaller than you thought it would be. But over all it is a nice school. It's got a good mix of people, especially since there's a high out of state ratio and there's always things going on either like in the MUB or socially. I'll always remember my friends (from my sorority especially- Greek life is great here).

UNH has a very challenging curriculum with students ready and willing to learn. Many sober social events are offered. Although their is a large population, students don't feel lost because the class sizes are just right. When I tell people I go to UNH, they say its a great school, but some people just talk about the parties. I spend most of my time on campus in my residence hall. It has a great college town with small shops and convenient restuarants. UNH has a very professional administration. The biggest recent controversy on campus is being evicted from housing only after having one strike for drinking. There is a lot of school pride. All the students love attending the football and hockey games. One of the best experiences I've had at UNH was joining the Alpha Phi sorority. I've made all my friends in Alpha Phi.

The best thing about UNH is the diversity here, no one here is a carbon copy of another person. And everyone has a mind and a voice and is able to share their ideas. The administration here is ok. The one thing I would change about it though is that they need to have more snow days during the year. It gets extremely dangerous walking to class when buses are sliding around on the road. I also think that they need to be more positve about the greek life here on campus. We have such a bad image and it is completely false. The biggest controversy I feel is the lack of living space in the dorms and the cost to live here. Everything on campus is expesive from tuition to summer courses to just about everything else you can possibly think of. I love this school and its the right place for me I don't have one bad memory here.

I love being in a sorority at UNH. I had previously done cheering, however, because the university doesnt fund it it was difficult for me to afford. If I could change one thing I would make the out of state tuition less, because it is significantly higher than the in state and I am having an extremely hard time affording it even with the little financial aid that I am granted. I spend most of my time here on campus with the occasional trip home. I feel that UNH is of great size and a perfect fit for me. I wish that UNH had a teaching major because it would help me to carry out a degree that I actually need. My biggest controversey would have to be the cost. School spirit could definately improve, being a cheerleader I noticed that the students arent that helpful or spirited at the games.

I think the best thing about UNH is that the campus is just the right size for me. It is a large school but I don't feel overwhelmed by the campus or the amount of people attending. There is always something to do so I am never bored and there are tons of student groups if you are interested in getting involved. Since I'm from New Hampshire, growing up UNH seemed like a default school or a safety school, but over time it's gotten more difficult to get into and many in my graduating class got denied, UNH is now respected. Durham is an amazing college town, it is very nice in the spring and fall, though the weather in the winter is not always that great. Tailgating at the football games is a great time, and the weekends are a lot of fun. I would advocate for anyone to attend here.

UNH was my safety school and was never my first choice. My older sister, both parents, and a few aunts and uncles all went here, and I sort of felt like "been there, done that." I had always thought of it as just the state school and nothing special, so when money reasons made me come to UNH, I wasn't completely thrilled. However, I am really glad that I ended up coming here. UNH is fairly big, but small enough that I feel comfortable here. Durham is tiny, but there are enough things in the area that it doesn't feel like there's never anything to do. The professors are actually really great, and the dining halls are pretty good too. (Whenever my friends from other schools visit, they remark on how nice the dining halls.) Overall, I think coming to UNH was a good decision for me.