University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

The best thing about UNH for me is the availabilty of all the different extracurricular activities, as well as the campus itself. I think it is the perfect size and the campus is beautiful in the fall and spring. The only I don't like about it is the weather in the winter. I spend most of my time on central campus going from class to class and usually I'm in the MUB or the library between classes. My experience so far with administration has been really good. I feel that they really go out of their way to make sure their students are learning and understanding. This school is full of school pride for our sports, clubs, and Greek life. One experience I'll always remember is doing the breast cancer walk with my sorority, Chi Omega, last fall.

Greek Life is the best thing about UNH and the number of students who attend. I would maybe make the school bigger and add another gym. I think UNH could be larger in size, but it suits me well. Typical since I am from NH. I spend most of my time in my house at Alpha Phi. Are down town is very small, I wish it was bigger. Administration is good. The "shoe man" that old man breaking into dorms or cars being stolen. There isn't as much pride as down south or bigger sports schools. Nothing unusual at UNH. Joining Alpha Phi is one experience I will never forget. Most complaints are small gym, could be a larger campus and the new only 3-4 people allowed to live in apartments, raids not allowed in the greek life anymore, DHop raising pizza prices etc.

I think that UNH is a really good school, I love going here. It is just the right size, big enough that I don't know everyone on campus but small enough that I can always recognize a familiar face. When I tell people that I go to UNH they usually say good things about it, I think that it has a pretty good reputation. I spend most of my time on campus at my house. I also go to the gym a lot, that is one thing I would change, they definitely need a bigger gym for the number of students. That is one of the most common complaints I hear. I think there is a lot of school pride. I see a lot of people around campus wearing UNH tshirts or sweatshirts all the time. Most of the sports events are pretty packed, I think people are proud to go here.

I like the size of UNH. It is big enough that you can be your own person, but small enough that you can still walk by many familiar faces on a daily basis. The campus is very "homey" not too big but enough to get a good exercise by walking to classes! The only downside of us being a fairly decent sized school is the vandalism. There have been cars flipped and stolen, and no one to blame among other acts. I spend most of my time with my sorority (Alpha Phi). If I'm not at our house or at a Philanthropy event, I am at class, the gym or work (UNH Phone-a-thon). I think for the most part our school is proud. I used to cheer for UNH, so I saw many students at the volleyball and especially the football games!

The best thing about UNH is the opportunities that are offered. Because there are so many students and staff, there is an endless amount of opportunity for connections and involvement. I think that the school is just the right size. There are enough students where you can meet someone new everyday if you like, but there are many ways to make the campus seem more tightly knit. An example of that is going the Greek System. I always see someone I know when I walk to class. I think that UNH is a big party school, but there are plenty of opportunities to do things besides party, if that is what you choose to do. I wish the Greek system could be bigger and more students could be involved.

Being from New Jersey, I have a lot of people question my enrollment and involvement as an undergraduate here at UNH. Most ask, "Why did you go all the way up there?". My reply is always the same: the environmental program here is unique and opens so many doors for my future. Most people ask me that question because of the distance, but those closest to me probably are familiar with the "party-school" reputation UNH has earned for itself, and know that I am not that stereotypical party animal. They know me as the responsible student, the stereotypical overachiever. UNH's academics are outstanding, but only if that student is willing to take the mature plunge and dive right in.

I have had some great professors here at UNH. If I could change one think i would change the fact that there is absolutely no where to park conveniently. People don't really make assumptions about me when i tell them that I go to UNH. I spend most of my time in my classes. Durham is absolutely a college town. I feel that the UNH administration is mostly trying to take as much money as possible and are hard to negotiate. For example, I needed a refund of my meal plan for medical purposes and they made it very difficult. Its unnecessary.The most frequent student complaints are the fact that the admin never calls snow days when its dangerous to drive, and there is no where to park.

I feel as though UNH is the perfect size. it is why i chose to come here. there are enough people that even if you came knowing people, it was easy to find your own clique. the one extremely negative aspect of this school is the parking. i don't think its right to have minimum parking and meters everywhere. it is hard enough to pay for an expensive school and expensive places to live, without having to pay absurd amounts of money to meters or tickets. i am in chi omega and they have made me have the greatest experience at unh. the greek system is amazing and i would hope that the other students can see that. i also think that we have amazing groups on campus and sports teams.

UNH is a great school in my opinion. I love all of the options and organizations there are to be involved in. There is always something going on either at the MUB or on T-Hall Lawn. So if your not a person who likes to go out and party on the weekends, 9 times out of 10 there is something that they could go to and still experience social aspects without drinking. Even though the school is only 12,000 to 15,000 students, there are always new people to meet and hang out with. The size is fairly good because when walking to class, there could be no one you recognize in ten minutes, but other times you could see 20 people you know. Everyone is very friendly.

My favorite this about UNH would have to be the extra curricular activities. There are so many to choose from it is almost impossible for someone to not find their place on campus. If there was one thing i would change about UNH it would the situation with the gym. Even though i get a free membership to the gym on campus, i do not use. I pay to go a gym in a different town. This is because it is almost impossible to go to the gym at any time and not have to wait in line for a machine for less than 20 minutes, unless you solely go on the track. I believe that a school with so many undergrads the gym should way bigger or even more than one gym.