University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

The best thing about UNH is the size. One thing I would change about UNH is the amount of holidays we have, considering we rarely have any, even when there is a blizzard outside. Sometimes when I tell people I got to UNH they act as if they have never heard of it, but most of the time people are glad because they know it's such a great school.I spend most of my time at the Alpha Phi house or at the library. There is always a lot of school pride, no matter where you go. Everywhere I walk I see people sporting UNH gear, and if you go to an athletic event you are bound to find people dressed up and shouting their chants for our teams.

this school is absolutely amazing... I would recommend for anyone to come here. Durham has the small town, campus feel, but if your drive 10 minutes you are in Portsmouth where there are tons of restuarants and shops, and Newington where there is malls, and every restaurant and store you need. and Boston is only 50 minutes away. The beach is also only 15 minutes away and they are gorgeous. The school itself is incredible. Everything is a 10 minute walk whether you need to go to academic buildings, dorms, apartments, or down town. There are always events going on on campus and off campus so you are never bored.

Most of my time spent on campus is at my sorority house, even though I do not live there anymore. Durham is a college town. I have not seen much of the town besides what is on campus or within walking distance of UNH. Sometimes you forget that there is a real world outside of campus. I find myself getting lost in college life and have to remember to read the newspaper or talk to someone who is not in college to realize that we are in a kind of protected bubble. People can go days without hearing of a major national news headline but the news of something like Paris Hilton's arrest spreads like wildfire.

The best thing about is the Campus and the social scene. I love that so many students go here and there is always something to do any night of the week. When I tell people that I go to UNH they usually say thats awesome I hear the party scene is great there. I spend most of my time on campus either at my sorority or downtown, although its not that big its cute and quaint. This school has a lot of pride especially when it comes to sports. One of the biggest complaints is that our gym is too small and no matter what time of the day you go you will have to wait for a machine, I agree with that.

I like how big UNH is, because I came from a very small high school. When I tell people I go to UNH they say how good of a school it has become, and how it is getting harder and harder to get into. On campus I spend a lot of time at the MUB because of all that they have to offer there. I think UNH has great school pride and that all the students really enjoy going to the games. One experience I'll always remember is being in my sorority, it has made my college experience amazing. Frequent student complaints are that we have no snow days, even when the roads are bad.

The best thing about UNH is the dining halls they have a wide variety of selection and everything is spectacular! However, I would change the hand scanners to get into them because I think they are very unsanitary. I believe UNH is the perfect size-not too big or too small! When I say I go to UNH their usual response is "WOW THE NUMBER 7 PARTY SCHOOL!" I spend most of my time on campus in the library. The biggest recent controversy was the stolen cars from Westedge parking lot. I believe there is a lot of school pride on this campus especially for the hockey team.

I love that UNH is such a large school but I still feel like I know many people, a tighter knit community. I wish I got to know my professors better, instead of having such large lectures. When people hear UNH, I think they think of either the business school or our hockey team, so both academics and sports. Most of my time spent on campus is either in the classroom or the library. I think Durham is very much a college town and it's almost weird to see "non-UNHers" walking around. All in all I have loved my UNH experience and wishing it wasn't ending so soon!

The best things about UNH are the professors, the unlimited opportunites for research, study abroad, etc, and the beautiful campus. The library, gym, and dining halls are great too. Some of the residence halls need to be updated, and there shouldn't be built up triples. I think UNH is a college town in the sense that there's not that much else in Durham. A few more bars wouldn't hurt. A lot of school pride is shown at hockey games and I'd say there's a fair share of school pride overall. The West Edge bus needs to run every ten minutes INCLUDING weekends!!!

I love unh because it is close enough where I can choose to go home but far away enough so that I feel like I have actually left home and went to college. I think unh is just about the right size, it may be a little too big but nothing overwhelming. The size of the school lets you have choices of who you want to hang out with and where you want to be on campus. You can live by cirque in a quieter location or hetzel so you are closer to downtown. I would say there is a good amount of school pride for the sports that are doing well... hockey, and football.

UNH is a fairly large school with not much diversity. However, this year there has been a change and a much more diverse setting here at UNH. The popular spots among the UNH campus are the Whitt for hockey games, D-Hop dollar slices after 11!, and various restaurants and tanning salons. Most people have the same reaction when I say I go to UNH. Its the usual "UNH huh? I know some people who go there BIGGG party school. The biggest controversy on campus at this time is parking! For the number of students attending, there should be more parking.