University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

Best thing : outdoor activities, inexpensive cost of living Size : perfect! How do people react : How did you hear about that school? Spend most time : dining hall What college town. Durham sucks UNH admin : great, not very present on campus Controversy : housing Ton of school pride Unusual : great outdoors surrounding the campus. beautiful lawns Experience to remember : freshman dorm life and freshman outing club orientation trip Complaints : lack of social scene in Durham and early closing of dining halls with snow

I absolutely love UNH, I think it is the perfect size school in that you know a lot of people through rooming situations, through your major and through extra curricular activities. But in the same sense you still have privacy and everyone doesn't know everyone else's business. I really like the area that we are in, the town itself is taken over by the college but I like that. I like that we are near the ocean and also near a fun city (Portsmouth). I really enjoyed the activities on T-Hall lawn, the big outdoor movies especially.

The best thing about UNH is the atmosphere and the campus. At first UNH seems like it is so big but it's really not. It's really well broken down by majors and the size isn't overwhelming at all. Durham is a good college town too because it has a small, nice downtown with plenty of food choices and bars. I would say that the biggest problem at UNH is the parking situation. Especially at the library. You would think that a fairly large state school would have sufficient parking at the library but at UNH it is really scarce.

UNH is a public university with about 15,000 undergraduate students. UNH basically takes up the entire town of Durham with students, faculty, and graduates. My favorite part about UNH besides the social life/night life, would have to be the warm spring days when everyone is outside. I love being on campus on these types of days because everyone is outside playing sports, tanning, blasting music, or just hanging out. Everyone is so exited when the weather gets warm and its a great atmosphere to be in when this time comes.

I think one of the most complained about things on campus is the strictness that was brought on by the former president and administration. Students feel like they can't go out on weekends and have a good time without the fears of being arrested. I think UNH's size is just right...small enough to recognize or know many people, but large enough to still meet new ones. There definitely could be more school pride, especially having experienced other schools down south and in the midwest where school pride is huge!!!

UNH is the perfect sized school and perfect for me all around. All the students and people around here are very down to earth. UNH is a stereo typical college town and I love it because of that. It has a beautiful campus. Another reason why UNH is such a fun school is because of the school pride, when you walk down the street at least every other student will be sporting UNH gear. The sporting games is another place where our pride is seen, there is never a dull moment in the student section at a hockey game.

I think UNH has lots of ways to get involved. There is really something for everyone to do. I love the size of UNH because it is big enough not to know everyone but small enough to really feel like you are on a campus. I think UNH is the perfect college town there are great places to eat, all the stores you need, and really anything you need is available. UNH has lots of school pride although I do not think it has as much as other schools. Hockey and football are two sports that UNH has lots of pride for.

I like the size of the school because there are so many different organizations to choose to get involved in based on your interests...the more people the more minds to brainstorm groups and ideas. UNH seems to represent the town of Durham because it takes up so much of it and I think it is great that the community and the students are able to live in the same town and is a great opportunity for jobs. I will remember the friends i made here the most, obviously, because they made my time so worth while.

The UNH campus is the perfect size. Being from NH and having a lot of students from my high school attend here, its big enough that I can distance myself if necessary. It's small enough that you see many of the same kids on a daily basis. Familiar faces make it seem smaller. I think Durham is definitely a college and I really like that. I think there is a lot of school pride but there could definitely be more especially when it comes to sports. Most frequent student complaint would have to be parking.

UNH is a great school with a perfect college campus. The school is big enough that you don't know everybody, but small enough so that is it not overwhelming. It is close to the ocean and not too far from the mountains. If you want to venture off campus, Portsmouth is a wonderful place to go, only 15 minutes from UNH. UNH students are a wonderful mixture of kids all over New England, with a dash of some kids from other parts of the country. I love UNH and have never regreted coming to this school.