University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

UNH offers endless opportunites to every student... I would change career services a little my friends and I had trouble finding internships/jobs because everything was in the new hampshire area. UNH is not to big or small, depending on the actiites you are involved in it can be as big or as small as you'd like. people are sometimes surprised when i tell them that i go to UNH, but i don't know why. UNH is situated in a small college town that's a lot of fun. The dinning hall food is really good.

I think UNH is a good school but I think it needs to have more diversity and more oppurtunities for people to connect. I feel like groups and clicks form very easily and people tend to be categorized by what they do; the greek system and college democrats and rugby team never all do something together. I believe there is a lot of school pride but I also see the flaws to that. One experience I will always remember is coming here the first day when I transfered and how beautiful I thought it was.

UNH is amazing and was my top choice for college. The campus and buildings are beautiful and are not too big in size but also not too small. A lot of students are from my hometown and surrounding cities, I think it is one of the better schools in NH. Durham is a perfect college town because there are things to do that are close to campus but it is also not too large where students might get distracted. It is a short bus ride away from Portsmouth where there is excellent shopping and eating.

I love the size of UNH, how I am always meeting new people. Also, the choice and variety for classes makes my decision for a major more exact to what I want to do. I do not witness a lot of school pride, I came from a high school that was all about spirit and I feel like UNH is lacking a more spirited atmosphere. I will always remember rushing Alpha Phi, and all the incredible girls I have met through the sorority. I spend most of my time around the house, at work, or downtown.

UNH is a university that has a great deal to offer. There are so may different activityies for everyone that everyone can get involved. People are even able to start clubs of their own. UNH is just the right size as well. You are able to create a tight group of friends in a community; however; you can constantly be meeting new people every day. There is definitely a lot of school pride as well. People are always supporting the athletics and other club teams around campus.

I feel that UNH is the perfect size. It is big enough that it doesn't feel like high school where everyone knows everyone. It is small enough that most students don't feel too overwhelmed by its population or campus size. When I tell people I go to UNH, many people feel as though I only went here because I am from in-state and didn't want to go away from home. People are not surprised by my answer at all. I spend most of my time on campus in my sorority house.

UNH is the perfect size school. It has so many students, yet you do not feel like you are just a number. It is easy and very benifical to get to know your professors. Being at a school this size you do not feel like you are just a number, but you also are not seeing the same people day after day. Also I feel that many student ORGs keep this campus alive. There is always something going on on campus. Either it be Snoop Dogg performing, or

As a member of Alpha Phi, and being in the greek community, has really made UNH a better place. I like the size of UNH, but being greek shrinks the campus in a way, allowing for the development of great lasting friendships. If I could change anything about UNH, administration is trying to change it's culture, and is afraid of it. The school pride is great, and sports events are always a good time. UNH also has great facilities.

The size of the school is perfect - especially the class sizes. In any other state university, I'm sure I would be viewed as just another student - I'd be lost in the crowd. At UNH, I know my professors on a first name basis and can approach them for assistance on anything - whether it be homework or even career advice. I wish the school spirit lasted all year, however I think we need a larger football stadium to achieve that!

The best thing about UNH is that the campus is basically the town. You feel safe, secure, and a part of a community. I would have more diversity if I couldt change anything and for it to stop being so cold!!! I think that UNH has the perfect amount of students (around 11,000 undergrads). School pride is mostly shown through football games in the fall and hockey in the winter. The stadium and arena are guaranteed packed venues.