University of New Hampshire-Main Campus Top Questions

University of New Hampshire can offer something to everyone. It is one of those schools that regardless of your background or your interests, there is something here for you. Although the university has a fairly large population and a campus that is relatively large as well, it is easy to find clubs and activities that give that close-knit feel of smaller schools. This is a school for people who are goal oriented, but also enjoy having fun all while being offered a great education with life changing opportunities like studying abroad or internships.

Brian

A person that likes a research-driven, state university, the University of New Hampshire is good for you. There are many opportunities to utilize resources from the university, such as the expansive library, brilliant instructors, and many student services. There are many majors and programs at this university, so there most likeley is a program for you.

Govinda

If you are someone who is friendly and ready to explore and have the best college experience, you should definately attend the University of New Hampshire. If you are someone who is ready to learn and explore uncountable major or study options, you will greatly fit in aswell. Anyone can fit here, if you are willing to put the effort and make friends with great wildcat bodies. If you want to have fun while you are taking time to study you should also attend UNH, friday night hockey game: cheering up and seeing UNH winning is the best!!!

Any person can attend UNH. There is a large variety of people, clubs, etc. where everyone can feel welcome. There is a strong population of Business, Engineering, Teaching, and Environmental students at this campus. However, the smaller your major, the closer students tend to be with one another. The campus is large, but manageable, however, it is not for the city-slicker type; Durham is a rural community. I find that it is easier for students living on campus to make friends rather than commuters.

Mckenzie

UNH is a college for all types of people. Someone attending this should not mind the snow and walking around alot. They should be involved in their community and work well with others. They should realize the importance of their education and take it seriously. They should be able to deal with partying, even if they don't like going out themselves. They should DEFINITELY like hockey, it's a big deal. Overall, they should be an active, friendly and involved person who wants to do something great with their life.

Anne

Honestly, everyone should attend this school! The school large but with so many people and so many clubs/organizations, it doesnt take long to find your place at the University of New Hampshire. But to be specific, our athletic program, recreation department, and fitness & wellness are all outstanding areas of UNH designed so perfectly to meet any needs of any athlete, sports fan, or anyone who is just looking for a way to stay in shape, UNH has countless fun ways to get involved.

Amber

The kind of person who should attend this school is anyone. This school is accepting of all walks of life and is the type of campus where anyone can thrive. There is a great art program, business program, science program..etc. The UNH academic community is perfect for any major and interests; in addition to the social community that provides a number of activities for everyone to participate in. No one feels left out in this community.

Timothy

I honestly believe any kind of person should attend this school. While UNH is not the most diverse school, everyone is welcoming of all different kinds of people. There are many different student groups that support people from all walks of life. UNH's acceptance of many different types of diversity is one of it's most appealing qualities.

Lindsay

Anybody could attend this school. I would suggest social people especially. There are many activities on campus that people who like to be involved can do. There are chem-free options as well.

Tim

UNH can be a great school for people who are not nervous around partying and drinking. Although there is an alternative, most people find that it is much more fun, and easier to go out on weekends. There are the athletes, geeks, intellectuals, stoners, and partiers. Anyone can find their place.

Jaclyn

I found that this school did a very good job of helping me figure out what I wanted to major in. I started off the year having no idea of what I wanted to do and three quarters through my first semester I was able to know what I wanted to do and was able to declare my major. I took a class where speakers from different majors at the university came into the class and informed about the major they were from. It was so helpful and helped me pick my major!

Olivia

Anyone should attend this school if they are serious about their studies and want to get a quality education.

Leah

The University of New Hamsphire would more than sufficiently meet the needs of various individuals but would likely be best suited for those seeking an academic challenge and endless possiblities for success!

Eboni

I would recommend anyone to attend Penn State Abington. Why? Because we already have such a vast variety of diversity that anyone is sure to fit in. Also everyone currently attending gives the campus a warm vibe because of peoples open niceness and approachablity.

Melissa

Anyone who enjoys having the experience of all 4 seasons. Having a strong, tight community life. Having a campus that provides both an educational and social expereince.

Jillian

Someone who can be self-motivated and laid back at the same time; can study during the week but let loose on the weekends. UNH students are intelligent, hard-working, down-to-earth young adults that strive to do their best but at the same time don't take life too seriously and know how to relax.

Melinda

UNH is a campus for students who aren't sure where they want to be in the future but want an adequate education. Although, UNH is also capable of benefitting many focused majors as well. Agriculture and marine biology are two subjects known to be important to the publicity of UNH.

Mary

A student who wishes to attend the University of New Hampshire must posess the neccessary to succeed. Such qualities include determination, focus, the ability to work hard, and the aptitude to take on rigorous courses that will challenge the student. The Student must also be able to handle the demands of being at such a large and prestigious institution. The people that wish to atted UNH must have a goal and the drive to achieve it.

Paige

A person who is open minded, friendly, outgoing, and does not mind the snow and cold weather would fit right in, at the University of New Hampshire. A person who loves the beach, skiing, snowboarding, Boston, and exploring quaint towns would have an amazing time at UNH. Beaches, mountains, Boston, and other cute little towns (such as Portsmouth) are all under an hour away from school.

Ruby

A student who wants a diverse education with a lot of opportunities to pursue and explore different career paths, majors and activities. However, the person should have a certain degreee of self efficacy and drive as the school is not particularly great at student support unless it is sought out by the student.

Andrea

The individual should be looking for a very large campus with more than 10,000 students in a rural setting. It has great opportunities in all seven of its internal colleges. They offer outstanding social activites including themed dorms. It may be a public campus but it provides many safety personel that would let anyone feel comfortable in their environment. The teachers understand their students and are available during and outside of classes.

Daniel

Some one who likes the outdoors, gets good grades, and is fun.

Nikki

A person should attend UNH if they like a large population. It has many activities for those who are willing to get involved

Megan

Someone with an open mind who loves a big camus with a small campus feel who enjoys the outdoors should definitely attend UNH. A community feeling should be valued and it is definitely for someone who doesn't mind a long winter. UNH is a great place for people who want to make the most out of their studies and their growth as an individual. No one will hold your hand and force you to go to class, it all comes down to personal accountability and a desire to learn. You should also desire a little fun.

Someone who is independent and can take initiative and responsibility for their own education. Also, someone who can handle large classes and a decent work load, depending on your major.

Adrienne

People who are looking for a quality education should attend this school. The professors are brilliant and there are so many opportunities to learn at UNH. It seems as thought there is absolutely no way you can fail any class if you take advantage of what UNH has to offer. Professors almost always have office hours to help you and there are also things like the Writing Center and the library that provide endless resources to succeed.

Kelsey

Well, someone who doesn't mind the cold would feel very comfortable at UNH. On a more serious note, someone with a love for the feeling of community should attend this school. UNH is very welcoming to all and there are plenty of activities, groups, and clubs to participate in. Nearly everyone on campus is involved in some sort of activity. Great amounts of passion can be seen everywhere on campus because the students throw their hearts into what they love. Even if someone is unsure of what they love, there is something for everyone. Passions are discovered at UNH.

Alkier

Dedicated students who wants to pursue higher education

The best kind of person to attend this school would be a very active, outdoor person. Also, a person very much willing to get involved with campus activties and be social. UNH offers a variety of different clubs, community services and career planning projects. The NH region is surrounded by mountains, the ocean and many beautiful nature trails to stay fit and active.

Anthoni

There's a place for everyone here; however, you'll do better here if you are more motivated to find your place. Some people refuse to look, and then complain that they don't fit in, but they just haven't looked.

To attend UNH a student must be willing to have fun and put themselves out in the community. At a large school like UNH it is easy to be pushed into the background and go unnoticed. However, with a little enthusiasm and communication skills, professor and peers will learn your name and know you as a person. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved, you just need to put yourself out there to find them.

Jennefer

Someone who enjoys walking a lot as classes are generally far from each other. Someone who doesn't mind falling into the background as the classes are generally big.

zeinab

person who wants to have a carrier and future, ans hard work

UNH is a great school for a somewhat intelligent, but average person. It is easy to blend in the crowd there, and it's not too hard to find a party. This is exactly why more unique, eccentric individuals should come here and liven the place up!

Melanie

Students with strong academic backrounds will succeed at this school. Concern about the environment and love of hockey are two prominent characteristics of students at this school.

Kaitlin

ANYONE, that's what is so great. Anyone who is openminded, non-biased, here to learn and have a goood time would fit in fantastically.

Richard

Those who are environmentally friendly, those who are good at independent study, those who want a good value for their education.

Darci

A person who is open-minded, passionate, and dedicated. Be ready to work hard, study hard and play hard. A friendly, outgoing person is perfect for this university because there are so many different opportunities.

Samuel

Any person who wants the full well rounded college experience, there isn't the pressure of the ivy league schools, there aren't too many people or too few people, someone who might not know what they want to major in, there is a very broad spectrum of majors. Also people who like to be social.

Kory

Someone who is looking for a large school (14,000+) in a small-town setting. Very little diversity, sports-oriented, and environmentally friendly

The great thing about the University of New Hampshire is that almost any kind of person would feel comfortable attending the university. From athletes to chess club members, there is something for everyone. All kinds of people find that UNH is the perfect fit for them because UNH encourages you to try new things, and to explore all the options available to you. It is a great place for people who have a desire to succeed and a passion for learning.

Matthew

The kind of people that should attend UNH must be able to balance their social and academic lives. There is so much going on at this school, it is easy to get distracted. Time management is a huge part of college in general and even more important at UNH. The work load is hard but easy enough to get done and party three nights a week if you want.

Caitlin

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is willing to work hard in their classes and wants to get a good education. The person should also like living in a town because there are no major cities around. The person should be willing to be involved in on campus activities because that is a great way to make friends. Overall, the person should be willing to learn, participate and have fun at UNH.

ryan

A type of person who is ready to work. You cant come and expect to party all the time and keep good grades in a difficult major, or any major for that matter. If you are a procrastinator like i am you need to change your ways before orientation.

Rosilind

The kind of person who should attend UNH is an average person looking grow and better themselves as a person. Someone who is interested in getting a better education to pursuse a career, meeting new friends and shares school spirit. It is a great place where everyone can get together learn, grow and enjoy life.

Simon

energitic about learning, self movtivatied. like to social and study hard during the week.

Any person could go here, but they should be tolerant of others and able to be the "can live anywhere" type of person.

Adam

Any person... As long as you are willing to live one another, you'll be fine

Christine

The average high school student. A person who wants to mediocre college experience. Someone who wants the typical college experience one would see in movies and t.v schows. A person who enjoys big parties and relatively medium amounts of homework. Someone who wants to be able to excell without trying that hard and can fully experience social life through drinking and partying. Someone who is down to earth, friendly. Someone who cares about the environment and is liberal.

Kaley

Some who enjoys having a good time but still knows when to buckle down when work needs to get done. The University varies alot by schools so it really depends on what program you are entering.