University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

There is no type of person that should not attend the University of New Hampshire. It has so much to offer for people of all backgrounds and personalities. Even if someone cannot find another person they can directly relate too, the students of UNH and residents of Durham are very accepting and extremely understanding and they would never make any one feel uncomfortable. The only type of person who should not attend UNH would be someone who does not want to make great, lifelong friends and meet new interesting people, and get a great education at the same time.

If someone is very introverted, keeps to themselves, or wants to attend a small, religious school, then he/she should not attend the University of New Hampshire. UNH has a wide range of people, but so many people are involved in many different things. There are so many clubs and activities that everyone is encouraged to participate in. A socially introverted person would not get involved, or care to meet people and be social on this enormous campus. There is also no religious affiliation to the school, so if someone wants that he/she will not find it at UNH.

This school alows a person who wants to study it doesnt matter about: race, color, age, capacity, etc. This school is a tool for us as students to develop our education in a high level and doesnt have preferences of certain kind of people. I have seen a lot of people with disabilities in my clasrrom that are studying and the school brings them help, assistanes that are there in case they need them. The school is not worried to people who doesnt have money to pay their college the are in charge to help them.

The university puts you in new situations in regards to people and situations; a person who is looking to only learn in a lecture settings and pass exams will find what they want, but this won't be the best setting for them. Only one class from the past two semesters of my attendance had more than thirty people. You have to be the type of student who is willing to participate in discussions and meet with professors on an individual basis for individualized learning in a large university setting.

For the most part this school is primarily white it has one of the lowest minority ratings in the country. If that does not bother you , a outdoors person that likes the wilderness. Some one who likes winter and skis or snowboards. People that like to have a good time on the weekends the school is a top party ranking school. Some one who wants to go to a school thats not to big but not to small. Also this school is a big hockey school so if you like hockey its a good place to be.

A person who wants very small classes and a small campus wouldn't like it here. Most general education classes have hundreds of people in them but the major related classes also tend to be big depending on the popularity. Also, someone who wants a school that focuses only on coursework rather than social activities or if the person doesn't want to be at a school that is open to a lot of different things whether it be religion, sexual orientation or politics might not like it here.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who likes to be in the city. UNH is located in a small town, so the person should realize it will be much different from living in the city. Also, if the person likes to just party all the time and not do their homework, then they will most likely fluck out of school. Students whom attend UNH should be willing to learn. A person not willing to learn and participate in events should not attend UNH.

At a school of this size, just about every person should be able to find their niche. That being said, a person who hates the cold and hates hockey should probably reconsider their decision. If you aren't outgoing, you may initially have some difficulty finding friends, as it is somewhat. A person used to the hustle and bustle of a major city may have difficulty adjusting to life here, as there isn't much going on past 10:00 PM on the weekends, besides drinking.

This school in general is accepting of other people. But because there aren't that many ethnically different groups of people, many peoplpe are uneducated with different cultures and races. I think people who are very conservative from other cultures, who have hard time understanding that not all the people here know what it's like outside of U.S., would have a hard time because many people her just simply don't understand the lifestyle outside of New Hampshire.

This is a pretty large school and there is a decent amount of partying that goes on during the weekends so I would suggest that a student who does not like to drink would probably want to shy away from a school like this. Where it is a bigger school I would also say that a student who needs smaller class size or more one on one attention could struggle here because a lot of the general courses that many have to take are very large.