University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

The best thing about UNH is the atmosphere on campus. No matter the time, UNH gives the feeling of life and freedom. New Hampshire is often considered primarily a party school and this is evident on the weekends when students can be found all over campus at all hours of the night; but contrary to what many believe, UNH students are also extremely studious and the life of the campus continues throughout the week. UNH provides an excellent student union, as well as hosting many performers and events allowing energy to infect all of the campus throughout the year.

The overall environment of the campus is the best thing about UNH. Facilities does a nice job at keeping the campus beautiful. Very few people litter, and recycling is a big part of our community. The campus is rural enough for animal/outdoor oriented people to enjoy themselves. There are two large animal barns on campus: the UNH Equine Facilities and the Fairchild Dairy Research Center. This is a great venue for pre-veterinary students to gain valuable experience. But UNH isn't only for outdoors/animal people. It's only 15 minutes away to malls and restaurants.

I think that the best part of UNH is it's great ROTC program. The Air Force ROTC detachment 375 is considered one of the best in the nation and is extremely effective in teaching leadership as well as exposing it's cadets to the military lifestyle and instilling within them a sense of integrity, service and excellance. Last I checked, they were number five in the nation regarding physical training scores and well on thir way to becoming the best. All of this along with the great cadre members make this program my favorite part of going to school.

The best thing about the University of New Hampshire is its CFAR program. That is the Center for Academic Resources. It's a place that helps students find tutors, study sessions, and prgrams to further their studies. It is a good place because they give students a realistic approach to their academic career. They help with understanding finanacial aid and with calculating grades and GPAs. They have a scholarship program for freshmen designed to guide them through their first semester and being part of that program has been critically helpful.

The b est thing about the University of New Hampshire is its location. Not only is it providing an education to its students, but the campus and the surrounding area allow the Universities students to experience the college life on a whole other level. What I mean by this, is that 30 minutes away there is the beach and the Atlantic Ocean, while at the sametime there are the White Mountains just an hour to the North. So students at UNH have two contrasting environments at their finger tips whenever they want to make use of them.

The enthusiasm and opportunity to share enthusiasm is the best thing about the University of New Hampshire. Around the world you will find Wildcats with PRIDE who will share with you their experiences of the "best years" they spent at their Alma Mater. UNH is large enough for everyone to find their niche, and yet has a strong sense of community. Passionate people are the campus's strongest resource. Bienvenue UNH, enjoy our safe and green campus. Talk with our creative, motivated students. Tell them your passions; you'll see.

The best thing about the University of New Hampshire is its location. You have everything you could possible want surrounding you. The ocean is only a fifteen minute drive from campus, or you can be in the mountains after a forty-five minute drive depending on what you are looking for that day. It is located in a beautiful region surrounded by trees and local parks and forests. It is not in a big city by any means, but there is still easy access to Boston and Portland, Maine whenever you want.

UNH provides vast amounts of both extra curricular and acedemic opprotunities. The beginning of every year kicks off with a campus wide festivial where every organization and club opens an information booth. I was able to see just how varied student interestes are here. When it came time to sign up for spring courses, the endless class lists in almost every subject was staggering. It is clear that UNH wants its students to succeed in every aspect of student life.

The best thing about UNH is the dedication that the teachers have for the students. They are available all of the time to meet with students to discuss their standing and the materials in the class. They keep the classes interesting and interactive, and always welcome questions from students. Always they encourage people to enter into discussions about the material, instead of lecturing without response from the students. They make learning fun and easy.

the best thing about it is the social environment. people are willing to socially engage and work together. my friendships from college have been very close and academically engaging. i've had countless discussions about everything from music to philosophy. the campus is also large enough to maintain very large social environment that never feels cramped or limited. there are so many extracurricular activities that there is always something for someone.