West Haven, CT
University of New Haven

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of New Haven

Gabrielle

i would make sure i take my studies more seriously and i would study for my SAT's so that i could get into an amazing college. i would apply to colleges early and make sure i bring my GPA up so that i could get scholarships for applying on time and for having an outstanding GPA i would also put in my head that this isnt over i still have a long life decision to make and i should maike the best out of it

i would say the staff. the staff are the best thing about the school and the students of course becuase they love and want to help us succeed in what we are doing so we are prepared for the real world of working full time paying off our loans

i would say a person that is going to school for all the wrong reasons because there are great parties because they just want to get laid and not go to class. i would also say a person that is going to class and sleeping in it because your not waisting the professors time your waisting your time and a lot of money

kevin

i would tell myself to work my hardest, and apply myself in all of my classes. to focus on my studies instead of going out and having fun. I would tell myself how much I regret not striving to do my best when I first went to college. i would also tell myself to put a greater value on true friends that have the desire to want me to succeed.

Brook

One of the most important things to keep in mind when getting ready for college is to begin early. There are many other struggling students out there that need the extra scholarship money or need a load.The road to scholarhsips is long and stressful, but in the end it is worth for it and remember not to give up if you don't get the first couple scholarships you apply for. The more you apply for, the better your chance at winning. Applying for scholarships also allows you to better your writing, so keep writing and don't get discouraged. The key to success is starting earlier, whether it be your class assignments or applying to scholarship the earlier you begin the better your chances. Remember to keep your head clear and focused. Do not get discouraged!

Jennica

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would say, "Go to college as soon as you graduate!!! There is nothing to be afraid of!" I would tell myself to start early in applying for scholarships and to really take the time to look for a college that is right for me. I waited too long after graduating to find out all of the mistakes I had made, and I am paying for them now! My high school senior self was too wrapped up in the social scene and not goal oriented whatsoever...I would BEG my self to grow up and focus more on what I wanted my life to turn out like. "You can never go back in time, so make every minute of it worth it" would be my final words to myself, because it is the plain truth.

lusanga

I will tell people about my own experience. We all have different life experiences. People should know that the only reason why we go to school is simply to learn how to think in life. If college is a waste of time and money, why don’t you try illiteracy and be home with all the plenty of time. If college is expensive, waste of money and time, I wouldn’t have come back after twenty years. I have seen it all and I had to make a decision and jump back in the last train of education at the age of 49. It’s for a reason and I can testify. Many years went by, all my children are all grown up and are be able to take care themselves and I still had an unfinished business with my life commitment, with the only goal to be a Mechanical Engineer one day. For the new students finishing up high school and soon to be in college should make a good selection of a college.

The University of New Haven is an institution that offers a Music Business Industry bachelor's degree, which is what I am looking for, along with a secondary degree in Marketing and Management, which I can obtain a masters degree which can be obtained in the fifth year.

If I could go back in time to speak with myself during my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to continue working hard to achieve good grades, but also to relax a little during the college application process. The process is very stressful, but if you plan accordingly, you can get everything done prior to the deadlines without any stress. I would also practice doing a lot more for myself, such as cooking and cleaning, to prepare myself for living on my own.

The university needs to have more housing available or the student population, which seems to increase every school year.

Jamie

Its reputation for their Forensic program

Its reputation for their Forensic program

You only go to college once so take it seriously. Upon entering college its important to set goals (especially me being a young mom) and to create a path in which you feel you want your life to lead. As an individual you need to take responsibility and have the strength to discipline yourself to have the ability to manage your time correctly to do homework and most importantly, study. Some students don't realize how overwhelming the transition from high school to college can be, especially going to college full time and realizing that the academic expectations are much higher. As "boring" as it may seem its important to put yourself out there in the community not only in college, but also before when you are in high school. Being involved in the community lets you meet and experience new and different things and you never know who you will meet or what they can do for you! As a young college student you also want to remember all eyes are always on you so beware of what you are doing at all times, you don't want it to have a negative affect down the road!

Most of the teachers are not full time, therefore they are not on campus much and do not have much availability for help before/after class. Most of the time you have to go to the tutoring center where they are other students helping you do your work, and dont always know what the teacher is looking for.

Diana

I have two years living in the U.S. , and it was not easy the change . But I love this country and I'm proud of myself because I have been achieving all my goals in school, For example, learn English. I am currently taking classes for my major and my grades are very good. On the other hand, I have economic problems because I cannot find a job that fits my school schedule and I totally dependent on my dad, but it is not enough because my family is big and I have a sister that is studying too. I would be very grateful if you could give me this scholarship because that way I can continue with my studies.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life I would advise myself to work harder. There are so many classes that I need to take for my double major and double minor that it would have really helped if I had taken some AP classes in high school. By working a little harder in high school and taking classes that were worth college credits could have saved me a lot of time and money. I could have been excused from taking a lot of my core courses and gone right into classes intended for my degree. Since I opted out of the AP courses I will now most likely not be graduating with my class in 2016 and will need to stay an extra year to finish up my required classes. I would advise my high school self to suck it up, work hard, and push through senior year because in the end it will pay off ten fold.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the Criminal Justice program. We have the Henry C. Lee College on Campus and the classes are top notch. A student gets to experience equipment and protocols in action before entering the field. We have some of the best professors and most have had experience in their field of study. Not only are we learning about the most up to date practices, we are learning them from professionals who have actually experienced what they are teaching. I do not think that I could get a better education anywhere else.

I consider the worst thing about my school to be the registration process. There are a lot of students that have to take the same classes, but either that class sizes are too small or there are not enough sections of the class offered. The site we used to use to register would constantly crash on top of that. Not only were there not enough classes, but only a few students were able to get through to register for them. However, the site was just switched and this one does not crash, which is an improvement.

If I could go back in high school, I would tell myself as a freshman to not sweat the small things. I have always been a perfectionist, and I stressed myself out a lot. Being in a university setting has allowed myself to relax more and let things go, but at the same time be able to filter out the important things that I need to hold on to. I would also tell myself to get more opportunities to volunteer and intern in the community. I was never the kind of person to go out and get what I wanted simply because I didn't know where to start, but now I have learned that I'm the only one who can push my life to go the way I want it to. If I had gotten more opportunities to reach out and find out what I wanted to do then it might not have taken me so long to figure out what I want in life.

University of New Haven administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.