West Haven, CT
University of New Haven

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of New Haven

Golda

If I could go back in time I would tell Senior year me to open her ears, mind, and eyes. I would tell Senior year to open her ears because the things her mother and family members tell her is important and will help later on down the road. Open her mind because sometimes what she is told could be more important than what's in her mind. The choices she has made in her mind may not be the intelligent decision it's better to get an opinion or ask for help. Open her eyes because the oppurtunities she will be given will be of great help to her. Use her eyes to find things that can help her obtain her goals. I would also tell Senior year me to stop being so defensive. At times the criticism given will hurt her and may be bring her down but in the end it will help her with her future endeavors. I would also tell her to do as she is told the minute she is told. When she procrastinates it will ruin her chances of getting anything she wants.

It's near New Haven. Since New Haven is considered to be an unsafe city to be in it's scary to think that something can happen if you walk alone near New Haven.

The many activities that go on at the University of New Haven especially on the weekends.

Nohelia

If I could go back in time, the advice I would give myself is to be brave and not be scared to branch out. I am the first person in my family to go to college so I was nervous. I would also tell myself to look for more scholarships since there was a few problems with finacial aid. Another advice I would tell myself is, "Nohelia you will focus more on studying when you get into college because the world wide web will become addicting. Also slow down on anime and Kpop." Then I will laugh at my senior high school self because she will be blushing since I'm right.

The dental program, it is a great place to learn and feel comfortable with the professors.

I would have prepared myself better for college. I would have taken more science classes that would have perpared me better.

I believe that the best thing of my school would the people you meet and the activates that are available.

Sabinna

My school is best described as being well known for it's academic programs such as engineering, and criminnal justice that is occupied by intelligent and ethnically diverse students.

My classmates are friendly, intelligent, helpful, and willing to learn.

With all of the knowledge that I know now about the college experience, I would go back in time to high school senior and give myself, a high school senior, some advice about the future. I would tell myself that when entrering college, be sure not to panick. That is one important thing. Many first year college students tend to become very anxious, and worried as they are transitioning into college. I would tell myself not to panick, because after learning from experience, things always come into place and everything gets figured out as each semester goes by. We all learn short cuts and different ways of organizing our plans by new experiences. Also, getting involved on campus is a good way to freely express myself whether it's through sports, art, or helping others. I would also reccommend living off campus, because financially it saves alot. Living off campus helps with less distraction towards studying, leading to being more focused into my studies. I would tell myself to have my future career goals figured out by sophmore year, so I can be sure of which courses to take and start my internship, rather than waiting last minute towards graduation.

PATRICK

Passion to school is not highlighted. The main fact that some courses have more weight than others allows me to observe. In other words, some students fascinated by a small course will hardly rewarded for the work they provide through this passion. For me, I think that my obligation comes before passion, but my passion of learning is an important driver of success in life. I know that I do not count to know when it comes time to spend in school or learning. I know that I am much more powerful when I focus my passion in school and learning because my objective is to offer a better future to my family. In addition the fact that the passion in school or learning allows me to move forward in life, it also allows me to work and thus learn more about what it will take for me to be successful and productive in life. The learning passion also allows me to become more autonomous and self which is an advantage in life. I know that to be successful in my education, I have to be able to have some oriented goals that will allow me to reach my objective.

Jenny

Colleges are not only looking at academic performance, they also look for extracurricular activities, so I strongly advise you to become more active in high school and make your resume as impressive as you can with clubs and community service. Holding leadership positions is very important in that it shows the school that you are well rounded and can handle many responsibilities. Many times, having a diverse portfolio means having more benefits whether it is in an award for a specific talent or having a good habit of being very involved. A lot of the campus is run by college students such as tutors, resident assistances, orientation leaders, and even club board members, therefore, colleges like leaders that can effectively manage people to take over when there are openings. Having held leadership positions in the past will prove to the school that you have experience and would like to share that with the campus.

The accounting program is not accredited, although University of New Haven has been trying for many years to become accredited. Accreditation would give me more opportunities in my field.

Housing is very limited and it is very hard to get housing especially as a junior or senior.

If I could go back in time to my senior year, my advice would be to relax and take things one step at a time. Don't stress out about things that are out of your control and prioritize things that need to be accomplished. It also makes it so much easier to start the process earlier rather then later. It makes a huge difference to be apart of groups and go to meetings that talk you through the process. Teachers and counselors often do meetings and it's incredibly helpful. They are there to help and asist so don't be afraid to seek out help. For me the stress went down and I felt more comfortable when participating in these meetings. Don't be afraid to ask questions. They are there to help and there's no such thing as a stupid question.

aroosa

If i was granted another chance to become a high school citizen, i would advice myself to take SAT one more time. Do well in class. Take some scince classes. Apply in good universities, dont become lazy. Career is importanta dn of course you dont realize just now as you are a teenage. :/

Kasey

Even though the school is located in the city, when you're on campus it is a completely different atmosphere. I feel completely safe and campus police are very helpful and nice. The school is the smallest school that I looked into, but because of the Forensic Science program, it is worth the small size. I actually have grown to prefer the small campus and population size because it allowed me to get to know everyone.

Surprisingly, I would tell myself to do the exact same things that I did. I enjoy my school and I feel like I am getting the best education possible for my intended career path. I would tell myself to apply to more scholarships before entering into my freshmen year because college, especially private schools, are very expensive. I would urge myself to commit to the school I chose earlier than I did because I waited to see about other schools. I should have applied to the honors program sooner than I did as well. Even though I would tell myself to repeat many of the actions that I actually did do, I would make sure that I did them sooner; sooner is akways better than later. It would have given me more opportunities and potentially more scholarship from my school. I definitely made the right decision, however my biggest regret was tha I applied to my school's honor program too late and all the spots had already been filled.

The available housing is the worst part about this school. Housing is not gauranteed, and even though it is given by a lottery systerm that is completely fair, there just isn't enough housing to accomodate all the students that need it.

University of New Haven administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.