University of New Haven

« See more reviews of University of New Haven

The most influential aspect of this school that made me want to attend is the fact that the average class size is under 35 students and that the student to teacher ratio is about 20:1. Because of this, students are able to recieve the attention they need, which allows them to learn better than if they were not given as much attention. The school also offers a Center for Learning Resources, which provides the students with free tutoring, resume and cover letter help, as well as many other resources.

Even though the school is located in the city, when you're on campus it is a completely different atmosphere. I feel completely safe and campus police are very helpful and nice. The school is the smallest school that I looked into, but because of the Forensic Science program, it is worth the small size. I actually have grown to prefer the small campus and population size because it allowed me to get to know everyone.

University of New Haven is not much different from the other surrounding schools. Although, it is a private school which means the tuition is more costly than the others. The focus is mainly on learning and studying for the courses, and saying that it is not a party enthused school. Also, there are many extra-curricular activities that are available so students are not stuck in their dorms doing nothing.

As I said before the University of New Haven is great because the other schools I applied to were huge compared to my school. The other schools I applied to class sizes were much bigger than the ones that I am currently in. Also New Haven has given me much more financial aid than the other schools. The educational classes that I am taking are much more challenging than at other schools.

It's great that campus is so diverse and everyone is open and friendly. Downtown New Haven is only 5 minutes away so that definitely attracts more than half the school. Greek life, even though it's small, is popular on campus and everyone hangs out and has fun. UNH also does a lot to help out the community which is aweomse that so many people gets involved.

I feel that UNH has alot to offer to their students. They have the best of the best teaching the courses that they offer at UNH. Having Professors that had actually experience out on the field makes it so much better for them to relate to the material being taught and can give good advice about what careers paths to take in a certain field.

At the Univeristy of New Haven, classes are taught with a "hands-on learning" method in mind. Classes are not just taught out of a book; instead mock crime scenes and other in-the-field classes are offered. Such as in Marine Biology when students are required to go out into the Long Island Sound to learn about the different ecosystems.

This school has a huge emphasis on internship and finding a job that fits you after you graduate. They have many career services and professors that are willing to help you find the perfect fit for you after you graduate. The University of New Haven has excellent programs that have brilliant professors that are available to you.

I love how the campus is a lot smaller then the other campuses I looked at. I have Panic Disorder and being a a large classroom with lots of students makes me very anxious. UNH has classrooms that are the same size as my high school so I am comfortable with the amount of students in each one.

This school is pricey, I will agree to that, but overall it is a great school. It's a small community of students with great teachers. Teachers who want to see ALL their students succeed not only in their class but in the rest of their life as well.