University of New Haven

« See more reviews of University of New Haven

I wish that I was more prepared for living on my own, and knowing what it would be like to have such a rigorous course schedule. I wish I known about the big differences in class structure between college and high school. If I could go back in time and give the younger me advice on what to expect at college, the most important thing to focus on would be dedicating time and effort to each and every class equally, and knowing that with hard work and determination I would be able to get the grades I wanted.

I wish I knew how exspesive it really before I fell in love with it. I did not realize I would be paying for school without anyones help. Books, lab fees, meal plans, deposit fees, etc...are very exspensive and add up fast. Also, the exams are much different from high school tests, and I wish I knew how to study for them in the begining of the first semester. The exams are not focused soley on oe subject like in high school, but the entire chapter you are going over.

I wish somebody had explained to me that there was off campus housing that the school would pay for. I didn't find out until after and now I have an apartment that I have to pay for. On the school website it said that they didn't provice off campus housing. It is considered on campus which I also wasn't aware of. The people that live in these locations get the same benefits as living on campus, except for being on campus.

Before i came to this university I wish I had known a little more about the field i planned on going into. It might have impacted my choice in major program. After all is said and done though I do enjoy what I'm getting myself into and although my major will be tougher for job placement than criminal justice or fire, I will have fun with a job in the music and sound recording business.

I wish I had known more about the classes I would be taking, and the professors teaching those classes. This would have allowed me to choose a schedule that better both my wants and needs. I also wish I had known how to make sure that my AP credits transfered properly to the school, so that I wasn't placed in a class I had essentially already taken.

Most of the teachers are not full time, therefore they are not on campus much and do not have much availability for help before/after class. Most of the time you have to go to the tutoring center where they are other students helping you do your work, and dont always know what the teacher is looking for.

my living arrangements, i was not aware as a transfer that i would be randomly put with seniors who have lived together for 3 years. Having this significant age difference and their previous bond did not let us bond as we would have in different situations.

I wish I had known more about the little things on campus. For example, I wish I had known just how accepting and diverse the school is. No mtter what sexual orientation or race, everyone can feel welcomed on this campus.

I wish I had known that I would have supportive faculty and staff who would cheer me on and help me with academic planning, problem-solving, and finding financial aid.

I wish that I had know that there would be so many opportunities to get involved, I missed out on some of the activies because i hadn't known they were occuring.