University of New Mexico-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Mexico-Main Campus

The extra- curicular sports were at the top of the list because many students were involved. This made for some excellent exercise and teamwork to make new friends and burn calories. The team spirit with sports at this school is through the roof at the lobo basketball games created the highest honors. The lobo pride soars due to the united New Mexico sports affiliation. Being that Albuquerque has no major league sports teams, this was the biggest sporting events that students and residents would attend. It was an active school with good teachers but poor effort students.

I brag about how excellent the professors are. Especially for my fun classes like ballroom dancing, the people who guide us are very good. Its almost as if the students are all blindfolded at first and have no idea what they're doing, especially starting off as a freshman, but the professors grab you by the hand and pull you toward the best path for you. Its really helpful in college when your professors are quite good. So, if you hear about a really good professor from your upperclassmen, then try your best to get that same professor.

In New Mexico we mainly enjoy the dry side of nature. We do not get a lot of rain and the vegetation that we have can only be found in the high peaks of our mountains. However, at my university, we have a great nursery. Trees abound the whole university, and a beautiful duck pond with actual ducks, sits at the center of the university. At the duck pond, students can relax and eat their lunch or read a book during the warm months. The trees and the pond will make you feel a million miles away from New Mexico.

The best part of my current school is the fact that they have different branches in smaller cities, so that students can recieve a university education without moving /commuting to a bigger city. I live in Farmington New Mexico and truely wish to earn my bachelors degree but there would be no way for me to afford a move to the Albuquerque campus. By providing smaller branches in smaller cities, Farmington included, I can now attain my bachelores degree without having to move to Albuquerque.

The school has integrated New Mexico's rich cultural history within the campus. The architecture of the school buildings reflect traditional hispanic or native style and have a wealth of art displayed within them, all while maintaining modern styling and accommodations. Furthermore, the campus has plenty of outdoor congregational areas that are often utilized for musical events or other school-sponsored activities.

When I tell my friends about my school I usually brag about all the trees it has and all the grass, as well as the Duck Pond. My school is an arborarium, so any tree that can grow in the area that we are in, my school has at least one of them, if not more. I love the atmoshphere of the school. It's so nice to be able to stop and relax on the beautiful campus in the middle of my crazy schedule.

i tell them how much i enjoy going to school here because i have all of my friends around me and how easy it is to meet new people. i also tell them how much i enjoy actually going to class due to the fact that i dont feel like a number in a teachers book, im actually a student they invest their time in to help me achieve my goals.

Even though there are so many students enrolled in the school you can always walk in through any part of the campus and run into someone you know. Everyone is so friendly and open to meeting new people so whether its through the dorms, a sorority, fraternity, club, or organization you meet and become so close to many people.

When i tell my freinds about my school i mostly brag about our football and basketball games. Our basketball games are at "The Pit" one of the loudest basketball arenas you could ever go to. The atmoshphere of both bastketball and football games are so much fun! Something you would never want to miss!

I brag that it's really diverse and that people in Albuquerque are super friendly and nice. It's a slower paced kind of place, and that helps a lot when socially interacting. I also brag about the good departments we have on campus, and I offer to give tours to friends who are interested.