University of New Mexico-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Mexico-Main Campus

What makes UNM unique is its’ ability to integrate the state’s traditions and architecture into the college. The buildings are adobe style which is something you don’t see in other parts of the country. The type of architecture really is true to the south-west which is good considering that it is the university of the state and should try and express the essence of New Mexico. In addition, the state has a deep traditions dating back to the college’s foundation in 1889. Traditions at UNM include Hanging of the Greens and Burning of the Aggie. Hanging of the Greens is when different organization light luminarias all over the university. Burning of the Aggie is when Lobo Spirit builds a large Aggie to burn before our rival game.

What I consider to be the best thing about The University of New Mexico is how much I enjoy going to class. It is this single activity that exposes me to everything this campus has to offer. Riding my motorcycle to class I see the city of Albuquerque. Walking to class everyday I see our beautiful campus and all the activities of the day begin to unfold. Info booths in the plaza , and students getting food in the SUB. Best of all once I get to class I get my monies worth when I soak up knowledge from professors.

I consider the selection of classes and majors offered at the University of the New Mexico one of the best aspects at this school. With this wide variety of classes offered, a person can really find something they love and conitnue their education with that passionate subject. Choosing a major is hard when you are an incoming freshman, so there are ways to experiment with different types of classes to find out what it is that person wants to study and do for the rest of his or her life.

The best thing about the University of New Mexico Architecture school was the facility. Designed by a famaous architect Antoine Predock, it's conceptual background stemmed from creating a socially engaging studio space for architecture student to communicate new ideas. Beside the studios, the computer lab and fabrications lab are filled with some of the most advanced technological equipment in the country, which is rare for such an unkown architecture program in the United States.

UNM's strongest academic programs include Business, Pre-Med, Medicine, Pre-Law, and Law. I believe that these are the strongest attributes of UNM because not only are these programs highly accredited and carefully planned, but they also help you to understand culture and teach you skills that are essential to these fields. The professors also will take the time to help you understand the material and try to encourge the students to deepen their understand of topics.

The best thing about the University of New Mexico is the availability of the professors. There is a constant outreach to students to become involved in extra-curricular activities that will expand their college experience and better prepare them for their future life endeavors. The encouragement for students to engage in opportunities such as on-campus activities, a major cancer hospital, and on-going research is irreplaceable and is valued long after graduation day.

Being a first time student to the University of New Mexico, I have found that it is extrememly easy to get involved and to meet people here. There are so many different wonderful organizations that push you to consider them, and why shouldn't you? Involvement is important in discovering yourself, in meeting others, and in making a difference. I love that there are so many different choices and opportunities here, and that everyone is so welcoming.

The best thing about my school is the diversity of students and programs available to students. There are many options for degree plans for students to choose from. There are a lot of groups that participate in activities that don't involve school, like the Queer-Straight Alliance. This group gathers students from campus to participate in events. UNM is open to new ideas and encourages student involvement in these outside groups.

I consider the social life and the quality of the professors the best things about my school. Ever since i've been an this school i've made alot of new friends , got active with school activities and now i am an employee at the school. I like the quality of the professors because they really care about the students learning and want to help them achieve their goals and they are there for the students whenever they need help.

I would have to consider the best thing at my school is the many faculty and staff that are willing to help you with any questions or problems you have. Being an incoming freshman in college I don't know much about how college works but there is offices, websites, one-on-one, etc... to actually help you with whatever you need. Also they provide programs for just about eveyrthing a college student deals with in the real world.