Ranchos de Taos, NM
University of New Mexico-Taos Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of New Mexico-Taos Campus

Justin

The things that i brag about is making a brighter future for my comunity.

The things that i brag about is making a brighter future for my comunity.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

There are offices with a lobby, a library, and an outside area with trees and grass.

Someone that needs a bachelors degree.

Sheila

Age of students ranges from high school students to senior citizens; many are from other countries, and ethnic diversity is widely represented; handicapped students are commonly seen; friendliness and helpfulness among the students is common, even among strangers.

You are a high school senior now; you think you are ready to tackle the world, in some kind of way. I want to encourage you to look at every option as an opportunity for growth. I know the employment agencies won't have much to offer you right now, but take courage, the future is brighter than the present. These are difficult times for finding work. It might be easier to get into higher education. Consider talking wtih the counselors about scholarships. I know your grades have not been terrific, but your IQ shows you have great potential, if you can find the motivation. Some of the problem for your grades has been the distractions at home. If you can find a college that has a residential campus, and get some workstudy to help pay your expenses, you will be submerged in the environment of higher education. You won't have so much to keep you from your studies. I am convinced if you could keep the focus on your schoolwork instead of on your siblings and everything going on around you, you could excell, and that would keep the scholarships coming. The things of your dreams could happen.

I like the fact that UNM-Taos is widely diversified in subject matter, demographics of age, gender, and national or ethinic background. This way, I don't feel out of place, even though I am a non-standard student. The subjects covered are so varied that many topics are available for study. I prefer, if I stand out, it is because of my education and experience, not because I am unusual in my age, or my gender for a topic that might not ordinarilly have women in it. Instructors seem to be quite knowledgible in their fields and speak fluently.

Jeremy

My school is very small but has a lot of swtudents who are optomistic about the future. Some students at my school have the integrity for very technological advances.

My school has a minimal student count, so each student that does attend has more individual attention. Plus it happens to be in my home town. I have become a student government senator in my first year and look forward to helping my school become very prosperous.

I would tell myself to take advantage of the education while it is free. I would tell myself that education is priceless and that every subject I am able to learn about now (then) will be a great asset to my educational future.

After the initial shock of being in the presence of my 18 year old self, I would speak of majoring in an intrest that I enjoy, rather than a broad "English" or "History" major, unless that is what caused joy. It is very important to persue a career in what one loves rather than what 's the highest paying. In the end the paycheck comes second to happiness. Secondly, I would explain to not get dragged into other peoples drama. It's extremely important to take yourself out of any situaton where you are generalized with others that thrive off being involved in other peoples lives. Further more, taking extra curricular activities is important. Even if a club sport is not ones strong point, it is all about getting out there and being a part of something bigger. It also makes bonds between people that may have never met otherwise. Last, but not least, I would tell myself to intern with a different well known company every summer, so that when I graduate I will have had 4 summers hands on experience in my chosen field.

Jeremy

My school seems to have some students who are on the treshhold of technilogical advances.

They seem very optomistic about the future. For the most part though, it aslo seems as though some of them are not really putting there best foot forward. On the other hand there are some students who seem to have extraordinay integrity.

Take advantage of the education system now while it is free and get the most out of every subject possible, because education is priceless.

Daniel

The diversity in not only race but age in the students.

The diversity in not only race but age in the students.

If I could go back and give myself one piece of advice it would be to put a bit more effort into studying. Had I spent a bit more time learning not only how to pace myself but also the material I was learning I would have been in a better position in college. Perhaps one other piece of advice would be to be a bit more social with my teachers and advisors. Though most students view their teachers as hinderances, they really mean to help you in your education.

The diversity and community mindset of the school. With such a small school the instructors take more time and put more effort into making sure their students suceed.

Toren

University of New Mexico in Albuquerque is becoming a really good svhool for film degrees. Lots of Hollywood film makers have been coming to New Mexico because of the low cost. It's got an excellent medical field, art and music fields to choose from. It's affortable and located right in the middle of the down town area of Albuquerque.

I would start by saying to get familiar with scholarship options and start a journal of all the grants and scholarships I find, because knowing ALL the money that's available to students is the biggest step for getting through college. I would say to start figuring out how much college life outside of school will cost and try to figure out how many hours a week will go to school and how many will go to a job. Because knowing how busy and chaotic all those hours I'll be juggling are is extremely helpful so that I can prepare early on for non-stop work later. But most of all, I would tell myself to think long and hard about what I really want out of school and just think of what knowledge I'll have in the end to really appreciate the invaluable experiences I'll have. And stop and think how lucky I am to be going to school to better myself for my career ahead. Soak up everything, never take for granted these opportunities and to have as much fun with school as possible. Dream big and go all the way. Live, learn and prosper.

A person looking for a full art degree such as music, writing or design. This school branch is limited in its class and degree selection. Also, someone who is wanting to live in a large city should avoid Taos NM as an option. Taos is a small mountain town next to a ski valley and just very limited in housing, shopping and activities other than skiing. If you plan to finish a degree with the University of New Mexico, most students end up moving to the main campus in Albuquerque, something like 300 miles south of Taos.

If I could go back in time to when I was a High School Senior, I would tell myself to not take things for granted. High school was easy compared to colllege. HIgh school was a period in my life that presented a multitude of oppurtunities to me. Instead of taking all the opportunities, I allowed myself to believe that sooner or later the same opportunities would come back around. But they didn't. I took for granted all the opportunities that God presented to me during that time in my life. I put the "real world" on hold for High School.

UNM-Taos Branch is a great school. It is small and enjoyable school. Because of it's size, better teacher-student relationships are developed. It is a great transitional school for "small town" students to attend before attending a bigger university. I love attending a small university. Not only do i develop great relationships with my teachers but also with my fellow students. Attending UNM-Taos makes it easy to focus on my school work and excel in my academics.

It is a great school for people who come from a small town. Because it isn't a traditional university, the school makes it easy for anybody to attend; including moms, dads, grandparents, students. UNM-Taos makes it easy for working people to attend because it offers many of it's classes in the evening; "after work" hours.

University of New Mexico-Taos Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.