Florence, AL
University of North Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Alabama

Sharon

The professors are willing to work with students when issues occur. Students are friendly and enthusiastic about their activities, community, and school. Overall, the University of North Alabama has a welcoming environment and a good educational program.

Hayden

UNA is a very nice university. Other than the occasional drug scene, which will happen at almost every other college in the world anyway, there is not a lot of bad things that happen on this campus. The residential life is sub-par, however, and they seem to care a lot more about incoming Freshmen than they do their current students well being.

The stereotype for UNA students is your typical college student, who gets very little sleep and has a lot of overdue work.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

A day that I will never forget is this one time me and a few friends were playing Dungeons and Dragons, and we didn't have class the next day so we stayed up VERY late. Towards the end we were delirious from no sleep and we made some interesting decisions in the game, such as hosting a national "Dwarf punting day".

The worst thing about UNA would have to be the fact that the University Residences office only REALLY cares about the Freshmen. They give the upperclassmen a second-rate answer for simple questions, such as "Why have I not received the email you told me you would send a week ago?" and "Why are you in an 8 hour meeting on the day of room changes?"

Exactly what I needed. Not too small, not too big. Lot's of students like me, lots of diversity.

I rather enjoy UNA. The classes are a good size of not too many and not too little. I wish they had a better animation program, or one at all, but their art classes in general are extremely informative and helpful to any artist. There are several online classes available for those who can't attend on campus classes, couldn't sign up for a certain class, and those who just need a more flexible school schedule to fit in with their work schedule.

Jihye

I think people is nice but not a big or good college. College food store are all junk food and not healthy at all. Some student smokes at schools and sometimes at school dorm too. Some student adviser force student to take some classes and it is expensive to international student and the international student office do not really helpful and looking for money.

Tyler

Transferring to UNA from a junior college or high school is smoother and less intimidating than transferring to other colleges. The faculty is friendly, the professors let you know how to contact them, there are always extracurricular events to check out, and you have the chance to meet many different types of people.

I LOVE my school! My professors are fantastic and the campus is beautiful. Everybody is friendly and the small class sizes are a dream. I would definitely recommend this university to anyone who is looking for a personal classroom environment and small campus.

Kaitlin

This university is like home. The teachers help any way they can and the fellow students are friendly and full of school pride. I will continue to go to this college until I get my degree because they will prepare me to go into the field that I choose.

Mary
Transfer Student Review for UNA

Transfer Student Review for UNA

I just transferred here this Spring and I already love the school. The housing is pretty good. You basically get what you pay for. The more expensive your housing is, the better it is. In my opinion, the campus food is really good. There are plenty of choices to choose from. The academic buildings are really close. There are buses that run, but if you live on campus you really won't need it. We are the only school in Alabama that has two live mascots, which is different. I am just happy that I am here and look forward to finishing my college years here.

anh

University of North Alabama is a small school, where we have small classes and all porfessors and staffs are so nice and willing to help individual when they needed help but the worst thing about it is it has small number of parking places. As a feshman, students are not allowed to park on campus, they have to park couple miles away and take a bus to school. Sometimes, we have to drive around for 15 minutes find a parking place and sometimes we ended up by late for class. I hope school will ix that problem soon.

As a small university, UNA has a wonderful staffs and professors. I'm from Vietnam and I was struggling by language, culture and educational system. I was so scared that professors will be bossy but no, all professors here were willing to help me one way or another. They don't mind if they have to sit with me for hour and explain something over and over and. To me, it seems like they treat me as a friend, a daugter, and grandaugter. I feel I'm a part of it and I'm welcomed here.

University of North Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.