Florence, AL
University of North Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Alabama

Jose

If I was to go back and talk to myself I would tell myself that even though my older brother passed away the beginning of my senior year, that was no excuse to quit many of the plans I had. Now I am working twice as hard to get back my dreams of being successful for my mother, sisters, and myself.

I personally feel that anyone can attend school if they are dedicated enough. Some will say money is an issue and that is what limits them to get a higher education. I am an example that you can attend this tremendous university with little money. I have dedication and the will to push myself to apply for scholarships and hope that I qualify for some money to help me achieve my goal of finishing college. This university is the perfect size for any student to come.

When I was in the Reserve Officer Training Corp, I accidently ended up with a stage 3 sprain. I had no idea how much my university was missing more handicap as places. I was on crutches for six months and for that time, it was a challenge. I want to get my voice out and see if i can do anything to improve that.

Marina

Relaxing and close knit in the fact that it is not massive but it is by no means small.

Live lion mascots, mornings when they're out and you can hear them roar just makes the rest of the day feel like it wend by quickly.

Never doubt yourself, you make it out of the small town that you felt hidden in. There is no shortage of freedom and possiblities that you thought were no longer there; don't hold yourself back. Hold your head up, always smile and never be afraid to ask for help because someone will always be there if you need them. Never doubt your dreams because if you've held onto a dream this long then go for it, don't talk yourself out of doing something you love.

Olivia

The University of North Alabama is a friendly, positive atmoshpere and stufents truly feel welcome when they come to our university. We really express getting involved and finding your niche with the university.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to overstress and worry so much about the small things or things that are out of my control. I would tell myself that life is a precious gift and nothing is certain,things can change and everything always has a way of working out way better than I expected. I would tell myself to appreciate relationships with my family more and really work on my attitude and not be so uptight or angry with events that happened and are not my fault, such as my parents divorce. To study more and really keep all my options open for places to attend college. I would more than anything tell myself you are beautiful and have so much going for you, don't let anyone or anything stop or keep you from achieveing great things. You can achieve anything you set your mind to and to keep postive beacuse things that were a big deal and issues or situations in high school really arn't that bad and years from now it doesnt really matter. Have fun and balance life better.

The fact it is much smaller and therefore some have limited and close minded ideas about things, but there is always room for change.

Day'Zha

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would express the seriousness of the college transition and education. I would advise myself to take my education very seriously. The second I stepped foot on campus I learned that college is hard work and that it is not something to take lightly especially if I am coming out of pocket for it. I also would let myself know that there are a lot of distractions that can cause myself to be sidetracked such as: friends, boyfriends, parties and peer pressure. Although having fun with friends, being in love and partying from time to time is great and part of the college life, but it shouldn't be my main focus or the reason I'm there. Lastly I would tell myself that I will learn a lot about life and people during my time in college, but I shouldn't be discouraged. I should also work hard my entire college career to stay on top of my work and grades. To never lose focus on the goal and that is to earn a degree no one can ever take away from me.

Come into the University of North Alabama with an open mind to meet new people and to start a new life. Not only should you come in with an open mind, but you should also come in ready to work hard and earn your good grade, because if you start off strong you will finish strong, but if you start off not so well it will be hard to build your GPA back up.

Anyone could attend this school. There is no specific kind of person who should attend UNA.

ShanDreaha

University of North Alabama is diversity.

University of North Alabama is diversity.

If would tell myself to make University of North Alabama your first choice. Get a summer job over the summer to start saving a little cash for you to have for the school year. Do not worry about missing your friends in high school; they would turn on you. Boys will alwasy be there, so focus on school first and you can date later. During college you're going to get off track (spirtally). So do not lose focus and always, always, always put God first.

The type of person that should attend University of North Alabama is someone that is differnet and unique. Someone who is their own person. Students on the UNA campus is different and special. There is no such thing as a "type" of person. Everyone fits in by being theirselves.

The advice I would give to my former high school self is for me to follow my passion. I spent the first few years of my college career searching for a major that felt like work to me instead of going after what I love doing and what I was passionate about all along.

The best thing about my school is the faculty. Our students all yearn to be successful in their field. The faculty at UNA are all so passionate about their jobs and departments, their eargerness for our success becomes contagious to us students as well. They make those 8ams worth attending.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is the kind that has no desire to learn or grow. The faculty and staff are hand-picked to push students to their full potential.

Katie

It's not a walk in the park. Late nights often turn into early mornings, and there never seems to be enough coffee to satisfy the exhaustion. It's hard to catch a break, but don't let that scare you. Whatever anxiety you're feeling, whatever doubts you may have, leave them on the graduation stage. Leave them in the box you'll keep under your bed with all of your high school mementos, because you'll want to remember them one day. Because, one day, you'll be sitting in your own apartment that you help pay for with your own hard earned money, writing a letter to yourself about college life and about how coming to college was one of the greatest decisons you ever made. College is hard, yes, but it's also rewarding. You've got dreams and this is the place to help make them come true. The people you meet will be lifelong friends, and you'll learn more about yourself in your first year than you have in your past eighteen years of life. So, don't be afraid. Be excited. Be ready to learn. Because every late night is worth it.

I always brag about the close community at UNA. Everyone is so welcoming and inviting, and it's easy to get involved. You feel close to your fellow students on a campus with wonderful comeradery.

Class availability is one of the more frustrating things at UNA. There are not very many time slots for classes.

Anna

My school is diverse,caring,and has a beautiful campus.

My school is diverse,caring,and has a beautiful campus.

When you go to college dont be afraid to try new things and talk to all kinds of people. Make sure you get involved in something so you can have a fun college experience. Make sure you know how to study take study tips teachers give you seriously and pay attention in class.

My university provides so many oppurtunities for all types of students. Una accepts student from all over the world they also provide oppurtunities for these students to mingle with other students. I love my school becuase there is something for everyone at UNA.

Bradley

The most unique thing about my school is the natural beauty on campus. The campus is easy to navigate, and is covered in beautiful landscaping and architecture.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself many things. The main point I would tell myself is to slow down and enjoy the ride. While I have been in college I have constantly looked ahead and planned of the future. Now that my college career is coming to an end, I look back and realize I was way too serious at times. I would tell myself to relax and give my absolute best in everything I do everyday, and the rest of my life will fall into place like it is suppose to.

Timothy

My classmates were diverse; from Arabian math buddies, to the English majors of my 112 class, I feel more cultured just sharing a class with them.

I would tell myself that life won't give you anything. I would tell myself that good things come with hard work, and the sooner you learn to work hard, the easier it becomes to work hard. I would say that i know life is hectic, but the future is what matters most, and you must prepare for it. Study harder, save more, spend the extra amount of time on that SAT prep book because it, more than many other things, decides what kind of future you may have. In my highschool years, I wanted to find myself. To that side of me I say, you will only know yourself truly when you know how hard you can work. You must learn to push your limits, not work just enough to get you by. I would tell myself that you have the potential to do many things, but not without hard work and sacrifice. For all great things come through sacrifice and hard work.

I wouldn't attend University of North Alabama if you don't want to work hard. UNA is a great school, but professors expect you to work like you're a college student. If your only goal in college is to "party hardy" or "just pass," UNA is not the school I would recommend you attend.

University of North Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.