Florence, AL
University of North Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Alabama

Karen

UNA is beautiful and has everything a student needs without needing to leave campus.

My classmates are down to the earth. Everyone gets along very well and are supportive to each other.

Don't fear, college is better than high school. Everyone is accepting of others. The teaching and learning style is completely different than high school. Learn to write papers and learn to do it well!

Gabrielle

The advice I would give myself is to apply to as many scholarships as possible. I also would say that college is not that difficult and I should not have been so worried about it. That college is much better than high school and that you are allowed to be yourself more and come into contact with a diverse group of individuals.

The best thing about my school is the size. I prefer having smaller classes with fewer people. The campus is not too big and it is easy to get around.

People shouldn't attend this school if they do not want to attend a smaller college. It's not a very big university, most classes only hold about twenty to thirty students.

Janae

The teacher/student relationship is very unique at this school. The teachers will work after hours just to help a student understand something in the class.

I would tell myself to be more open. I am a somewhat shy person. I would push myself to do things that are difficult for me to do. I also would not just learn the material just for the test, but instead I would study it over and over because most of the things we learn will help in the long run. I would have not been so lazy when it came to applying for scholarships. I would have definietly encourage others more to enjoy high school as much as you can because once you graduate you may not ever see those people again.

Someone who is motivated and loves to help other should attend this school. They have many community service activites on campus to help and empower people. They also have many academice clubs that will help you get a long way into your career. This college is all about helping. They have all types of tutoring services provided to their students so there is no reason to fail.

Kyle

I would let myself know that I would end up changing my major to Computer Science, transfering to the University of North Alabama, and marrying my wife. Then, I would encourage myself to start with a major in Computer Science, attend UNA first so that I could recieve scholarships for my excellent grades and ACT score, and maybe encourage myself to go ahead and marry my wife before school began (we already knew that we would marry).

I wish that I had known that I would end up attending this school in the end. If I had, I might have simply gone here first.

Trying to call some departments about information tends to be inconclusive. Many times, I end up reaching their voicemail.

Shana

The University of North Alabama is a wonderful school. UNA has a beautiful campus with amazing students, teachers, and faculty members. There is a great deal of clubs and organizations to join for those students who want to be involved. UNA has a great athletic program for those students that want to participate in college. UNA has a very involed and welcoming GREEK life with several different sororities and fraternities to choice from! UNA also has very nice on and off campus housing and many places to eat on campus! Roar Lions!

No matter how hard college get, never give up and always study hard to make the best grades you can. Get involved as much as possible and make life long friends. College is great and you will have the time of you life, but remember to stay focused on you goal and do you best and you will be successful!!

I would have to say the most frustrating thing about The University of North Alabama is that there is not many places for students to park other than the parking garage which is a long walk from many of the buildings where classes are help. The main dinning area does not have enough seating for everyone so you often have to stand and eat.

The advice that I would give myself if I were able to go back in time would be to not drop out of high school. As a high school dropout it will only take me longer to get to the rewarding path that I am now on. I would explain that two years after I dropped out I went to the graduation of our friends, and it was there that I realized almost every persons name being called I have known since kindergarden and that I also should be down there. I would tell my past self that I would realize that partying and "having fun" have taken this magical moment from me and I let it. That it takes another two years to get my GED, and then another 4 years before I take on the wonderful world of college. That I will never forget the day I was officially signed up for college and on a better path of life, one that doesn't take away oppportunities but rather provides a world of them. That I will cry because I am proud of my courage. Here I am three more years later with a Associate's Degree.

Cassidy

If I could visit myself during my high school years, I would urge myself to enroll in college straight out of high school rather than postpone. And I would elaborate by letting myself know that if not, I would get exactly what I “thought” and “wished” I wanted-- adulthood, and the adult life that comes with it. However, the adult life I dreamed of wouldn't be such a fantasy if I didn't have the skills or money to sustain it. The 6 years I wasted after graduation could have been spent completing my education, rather than doing nothing to better myself. In those 6 years, I would likely have already obtained atleast a Master's level degree and be well-prepared for a likeable and great-paying career. Instead, it's 2014 and I haven't even achieved my bachelor degree yet. Education is a lot easier to obtain when children, a recession, and general adult problems aren't involved. I have no regrets and wouldn't change a thing about my life, but being an adult is inclusive of an education. The education would lead to money and growing up is what should have been postponed.

Destinee

If I could talk to my high school self about my college experience so far, I would tell myself to keep my head up and try my best. I did not have the best high school experience. I hated where I was and what I was doing majority of the time. I would tell myself to put aside the drama of high school and focus on what is really important, my grades. Since I have been in college, I have fully focused on my school work. I've never been happier and more ready to begin my future. College has granted me with a world of opprotunities and lots of friends. I have also made great relationships with my professors that will benefit me in the future. I would tell myself to prepare for the greatest and most important change of my life.

The best thing about my school is the enivorment. I loving the atmosphere of campus and also all the faculty that contribute to my education. The campus has a very "at home" feeling for all students. I have enjoyed every moment that I get to spend in the classrooms and on campus.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of parking that is offered to students. It causes students to have to walk long distances or ride a bus to class. This problems is an inconvience to all students and I believe that the University of North Alabama should increase the parking areas around campus.

Janae

Stay focused in school work, and try to have fun, but don't let that get into the way of graduating.

Nothing, I knew everything about this university before I came here.

Worrying about being able to fit all the classes I need, in a short amount of time.

Deanna

If I were you, I would get a job as soon as possible. College is a lot more expensive than you think . You are most likely going to go to a community college, so take as many AP courses as possible. Study hard before you take your SATs because we all know that you are not the best at taking tests unless you study. Visit as many colleges as possible and DO NOT apply to out of state schools because you cannot afford them. Money is vital, much more vital than you may realize. You do not need another pair of boots, because they end up just sitting in your closet anyway; save your money. College is not as hard as you think, but it still requires a lot of time management. Please consider your options, before deciding which schools to apply to. Be more confident and do not let others bring you down, because you are possible at achieving anything as long as you apply yourself. College does require being more independent but do not take advantage of it. Learn and read as much as possible. Remember that the friends your make this upcoming summer are life changing.

University of North Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.