Florence, AL
University of North Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Alabama

Anna

My school is diverse,caring,and has a beautiful campus.

My school is diverse,caring,and has a beautiful campus.

When you go to college dont be afraid to try new things and talk to all kinds of people. Make sure you get involved in something so you can have a fun college experience. Make sure you know how to study take study tips teachers give you seriously and pay attention in class.

My university provides so many oppurtunities for all types of students. Una accepts student from all over the world they also provide oppurtunities for these students to mingle with other students. I love my school becuase there is something for everyone at UNA.

Bradley

The most unique thing about my school is the natural beauty on campus. The campus is easy to navigate, and is covered in beautiful landscaping and architecture.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself many things. The main point I would tell myself is to slow down and enjoy the ride. While I have been in college I have constantly looked ahead and planned of the future. Now that my college career is coming to an end, I look back and realize I was way too serious at times. I would tell myself to relax and give my absolute best in everything I do everyday, and the rest of my life will fall into place like it is suppose to.

Timothy

My classmates were diverse; from Arabian math buddies, to the English majors of my 112 class, I feel more cultured just sharing a class with them.

I would tell myself that life won't give you anything. I would tell myself that good things come with hard work, and the sooner you learn to work hard, the easier it becomes to work hard. I would say that i know life is hectic, but the future is what matters most, and you must prepare for it. Study harder, save more, spend the extra amount of time on that SAT prep book because it, more than many other things, decides what kind of future you may have. In my highschool years, I wanted to find myself. To that side of me I say, you will only know yourself truly when you know how hard you can work. You must learn to push your limits, not work just enough to get you by. I would tell myself that you have the potential to do many things, but not without hard work and sacrifice. For all great things come through sacrifice and hard work.

I wouldn't attend University of North Alabama if you don't want to work hard. UNA is a great school, but professors expect you to work like you're a college student. If your only goal in college is to "party hardy" or "just pass," UNA is not the school I would recommend you attend.

Karen

UNA is beautiful and has everything a student needs without needing to leave campus.

My classmates are down to the earth. Everyone gets along very well and are supportive to each other.

Don't fear, college is better than high school. Everyone is accepting of others. The teaching and learning style is completely different than high school. Learn to write papers and learn to do it well!

Gabrielle

The advice I would give myself is to apply to as many scholarships as possible. I also would say that college is not that difficult and I should not have been so worried about it. That college is much better than high school and that you are allowed to be yourself more and come into contact with a diverse group of individuals.

The best thing about my school is the size. I prefer having smaller classes with fewer people. The campus is not too big and it is easy to get around.

People shouldn't attend this school if they do not want to attend a smaller college. It's not a very big university, most classes only hold about twenty to thirty students.

Janae

The teacher/student relationship is very unique at this school. The teachers will work after hours just to help a student understand something in the class.

I would tell myself to be more open. I am a somewhat shy person. I would push myself to do things that are difficult for me to do. I also would not just learn the material just for the test, but instead I would study it over and over because most of the things we learn will help in the long run. I would have not been so lazy when it came to applying for scholarships. I would have definietly encourage others more to enjoy high school as much as you can because once you graduate you may not ever see those people again.

Someone who is motivated and loves to help other should attend this school. They have many community service activites on campus to help and empower people. They also have many academice clubs that will help you get a long way into your career. This college is all about helping. They have all types of tutoring services provided to their students so there is no reason to fail.

Kyle

I would let myself know that I would end up changing my major to Computer Science, transfering to the University of North Alabama, and marrying my wife. Then, I would encourage myself to start with a major in Computer Science, attend UNA first so that I could recieve scholarships for my excellent grades and ACT score, and maybe encourage myself to go ahead and marry my wife before school began (we already knew that we would marry).

I wish that I had known that I would end up attending this school in the end. If I had, I might have simply gone here first.

Trying to call some departments about information tends to be inconclusive. Many times, I end up reaching their voicemail.

Shana

The University of North Alabama is a wonderful school. UNA has a beautiful campus with amazing students, teachers, and faculty members. There is a great deal of clubs and organizations to join for those students who want to be involved. UNA has a great athletic program for those students that want to participate in college. UNA has a very involed and welcoming GREEK life with several different sororities and fraternities to choice from! UNA also has very nice on and off campus housing and many places to eat on campus! Roar Lions!

No matter how hard college get, never give up and always study hard to make the best grades you can. Get involved as much as possible and make life long friends. College is great and you will have the time of you life, but remember to stay focused on you goal and do you best and you will be successful!!

I would have to say the most frustrating thing about The University of North Alabama is that there is not many places for students to park other than the parking garage which is a long walk from many of the buildings where classes are help. The main dinning area does not have enough seating for everyone so you often have to stand and eat.

The advice that I would give myself if I were able to go back in time would be to not drop out of high school. As a high school dropout it will only take me longer to get to the rewarding path that I am now on. I would explain that two years after I dropped out I went to the graduation of our friends, and it was there that I realized almost every persons name being called I have known since kindergarden and that I also should be down there. I would tell my past self that I would realize that partying and "having fun" have taken this magical moment from me and I let it. That it takes another two years to get my GED, and then another 4 years before I take on the wonderful world of college. That I will never forget the day I was officially signed up for college and on a better path of life, one that doesn't take away oppportunities but rather provides a world of them. That I will cry because I am proud of my courage. Here I am three more years later with a Associate's Degree.

Cassidy

If I could visit myself during my high school years, I would urge myself to enroll in college straight out of high school rather than postpone. And I would elaborate by letting myself know that if not, I would get exactly what I “thought” and “wished” I wanted-- adulthood, and the adult life that comes with it. However, the adult life I dreamed of wouldn't be such a fantasy if I didn't have the skills or money to sustain it. The 6 years I wasted after graduation could have been spent completing my education, rather than doing nothing to better myself. In those 6 years, I would likely have already obtained atleast a Master's level degree and be well-prepared for a likeable and great-paying career. Instead, it's 2014 and I haven't even achieved my bachelor degree yet. Education is a lot easier to obtain when children, a recession, and general adult problems aren't involved. I have no regrets and wouldn't change a thing about my life, but being an adult is inclusive of an education. The education would lead to money and growing up is what should have been postponed.

University of North Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.