Florence, AL
University of North Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Alabama

The University of North Alabama is best known for its mascots, as well as its business, music, and nursing departments.

The most unique part of UNA is our mascots. We have real live lions on a beautiful southern campus!

1) Never underestimate inflation. Take the ACT as many times as possible and study for it. 2) If you do not want to be overwhelmed, plan to work many hours so you can take fewer classes per semester, but be careful not to overwork yourself. 3) Search for the best part-time work to fit your schedule and if you need to move jobs, do it. 4) Give yourself time to do your work. Do not let yourself procrastinate to the point of being unable to give your best. 5) Do not be afraid to live a little and have fun once in a while! You may never get the chance to be as free again.

Lindsay

I take an online class. If I were to discribe my classmates in one sentence it would be : We are all busy bees trying to pursue our education and dreams while trying to survive the busy real world.

I have a baby sister who I am currently trying to pour into all my hind sight knowledge. I tell her as I would have told myself.. soak up EVERY moment, do not wish your life away! This year is going to fly by & in the blink of an eye you will be standing where I am. Remember why you are in school and where you plan to go after this chapter is over. Do not get distracted. Make good grades, but have fun! Make memories with friends you may never see again! Go to ALL your activites. Love like there is no tomorrow, but get your heart broken too! But dont lose yourself in a relationship! While enjoying your senior year, prepare for college. Education is NEVER a waste. Take any knowledge & opportunity you can take! APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS!!! But most of all remember what your parents have taught you. Remember where you came from & where you are going. Always keep the Main thing the Main thing & "Be There".

I love UNA because it gives college students the full college experience with the "small town" feel. The classes are smaller & you can recieve more one on one time with professors versus a larger university. UNA offers fun activities for all personality types! There are many opportunities to get involved such as service, sports,intramurels, dance teams, & more! Being from this area I enjoyed living on campus,a beautiful campus may I add, with convenience but all the while being close to home. I enjoyed campus life & all I came to be while I was at UNA! ROAR LIONS!!!

Drake

Dear Drake, College is much different that you think. Please do not go into college thinking that is similar to high school. You have to study so much more. You need to speak up more and be more social to other students. Your old friends are gone. You have to take charge and make yourself happy. Please answer the phone when SGA calls for an interview. You will get in, but you just need to answer the phone. Do not be afraid. Go with confidence. Lift your head up, because you can do it. You can make it. Drake, you are great, but you just have to motivate yourself more. You will love UNA though! Go into this new chapter of your life with a more mature outlook on life. Grow up some! Love you so much, Drake, and be yourself. Yes, love yourself. Don't change for anyone! You're destin for greatness, you just have to take the oppourtunity when it's right in front of your face. Love you, man! Drake Jackson (from a year in the future)

I brag about how great of a school I attend. The school is not too smaill, but not too large. It is quiet, calm, and relaxing. The school challenging, but it is not impossible. It is a great school.

Laci

University of North Alabama is best known for the education it provides and the two live lions they have living on campus for the students to vistit daily.

I would tell myself that live is just beginning and to make the most of it. I would also advise myself to be the best you can be and pursue whatever your heart desires. Ulitmately it is your education that will fuel the rest of your life. The most important thing is to be happy even through the hardest of times. At the end of every storm is a rainbow. The world is rotating daily so do not get caught up in the worldly things. Just stay loyal to the blessing God has given you and folow out his plan for unfailing success.

A person that loves a perfect town and friendly students to get involved with througout your college life.

Courtney

The University of North Alabama is am amazing place to live, work and go to school.

If I could go back to my high school senior self and give myself some advice it would be to tell myself not to take the easy classes for granted. Going into college I tried to take classes that I thought would be easy and never studied, because that is how I did it in high school, but now, classes are so much harder and I don't have a good study ethic. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, because books are just as expensive as classes. I would also advise myself to make some friends before coming to school. Moving into a dorm with someone I barely knew and making friends with people was a difficult transition for me. But I eventually made amazing friends that will stay with my through the rest of my life. The biggest piece of advice I would tell myself is to just go with the flow and quit worrying. Study as much as possible, make lifelong friends and quit worrying about the small things that make no difference in the long run

When I tell people about my school I brag about the academics, our amazing sports teams, and the diversity on campus.

My school is beautiful, historic, diverse, friendly, and I love it!

My school is beautiful, historic, diverse, friendly, and I love it!

UNA is best known for it's history and beautiful campus. I love walking around my campus espcially during the fall! We are known for our castle on campus. How many universities have a castle? We are also known for our diversity on our campus.

If I could go back in time to my senior year, I would tell myself to stop worrying and enjoy my senior year. I regret wishing away my senior year because I was so anxious to get to UNA. I love UNA, but I miss seeing my high school friends out in the hallway and in class every day. I would tell myself to slow down and take advantage of being a senior. I would tell myself to keep working hard. I did well academically well in high school and I am very greatful that my parents pushed me to never give up on my studies. If I had I would have not been prepared for college. I would tell myself that college prefessors are NOTHING like high school teachers and when they tell you that you will need to know this in college listen to them! So in summary, I would tell myself to not wish away your senior year, enjoy every second with your friends, and keep up the hard work because it is all worth it in the long run. Roar Lions!

Ashton

I recently went to a four year university and was not happy. I was not learning anything to help me pursue my educational goals. I researched the University of North Alabama and found out the educational programs they offered. Upon talking to advisors and workers in admissions I realized just how much of an amazing college it is. My dad graduated from here as well so I basically grew up on the campus. I recently got accepeted into the study abroad program. That program was never offered to me before. It is going to be such an amazing experience!

I have thought about this question many times. If I could go back to my high school senior self I would tell myself to try my hardest in my school work. I would have tried to make the best grades and be involved with school activities. I missed out on a lot of opportunities my senior year. I told my brother his senior year to live it to the fullest and try to excell in your school work. I would have made sure I had better study habits to carry over into college. I graduated early from high school because I just wanted to "get out of there" from the people and drama. I should have told myself to stay away from hazardous people and situations. Now I definitely wouldn't let people bring me down and tell me I won't amount to anything. I had a hard time with the transition to college. Since I went through that experience I am able to help my brother and sister with an easy transition into college. I hope that I can be someone they can look up to now. Hard work definitely pays off.

I believe that students who are not wanting to work and put in the effort should not attend this school. You have to work hard to get where you want to be. Also, this school is very school spirited. If you are not out going and do not like wanting to represent your school pride this may not be the school for you.

Brooke

If I could go back and tell myself what college would be like I would tell myself to calm down. All through high school I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to handle college and I was so unsure where my life was heading and if I was headed in the right direction. Although I have not figured everything out yet, I have discovered that I am doing even better in college than I did in high school. I know a little more of what I want to do and I am not so worried about the unseen future. If I could go back I would tell myself to enjoy my last year in high school a little more and be more involved in high school activities because now that I have to work to pay for college I am not able to be so involved. I would tell myself to quit stressing out!

Kelsey

If I could go back in time to my high school senior self I would give myself the advice of never give up anything you are passionate about and make sure you go to plenty of college fairs, take every opportunity to job shadow taht you can, and never take any of your friends for granted. As for the transition from high school to college dont worry about it, its not hard or scary its like the transition from grade school to middle school. Scary at first till you realize it hold a lot more opportunities and fun within. You will make many new friends, but make sure you still have time for all the old ones too. Dont stress about the little things like how will I find my classes because there are many nice people to help show you around. Make sure you pay attention in anatomy class in high school because it will help you tremendously in anatomy class in college, practice your study habits and make sure you find a way that works for you so that you can use that to your advantage. Know your strengths and weaknesses and make them work for you.

Ufuoma

Florence is beautiful, historic, and usually has lots of events to go to that are very student-friendly.

Develop a plan early using critical thought and advice from people who have succeeded in life. Work hard and always strive to learn, and improve. Live for the moment, but plan for the future. Care for your fellow man, lead with your heart, and remember what is really important in life, your family, your loved ones, and the time you spend with them.

Parking is terrible, you have to get up basically before school starts to find parking spaces that aren't a mile from the school! There Just Isn't Enough of It. The parking situation at the UNA is horrendous. You have to time your arrival perfectly with the dismissal of the classes before yours. Otherwise, good luck being on time.

University of North Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.