Florence, AL
University of North Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Alabama

Brooke

If I could go back and tell myself what college would be like I would tell myself to calm down. All through high school I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to handle college and I was so unsure where my life was heading and if I was headed in the right direction. Although I have not figured everything out yet, I have discovered that I am doing even better in college than I did in high school. I know a little more of what I want to do and I am not so worried about the unseen future. If I could go back I would tell myself to enjoy my last year in high school a little more and be more involved in high school activities because now that I have to work to pay for college I am not able to be so involved. I would tell myself to quit stressing out!

Kelsey

If I could go back in time to my high school senior self I would give myself the advice of never give up anything you are passionate about and make sure you go to plenty of college fairs, take every opportunity to job shadow taht you can, and never take any of your friends for granted. As for the transition from high school to college dont worry about it, its not hard or scary its like the transition from grade school to middle school. Scary at first till you realize it hold a lot more opportunities and fun within. You will make many new friends, but make sure you still have time for all the old ones too. Dont stress about the little things like how will I find my classes because there are many nice people to help show you around. Make sure you pay attention in anatomy class in high school because it will help you tremendously in anatomy class in college, practice your study habits and make sure you find a way that works for you so that you can use that to your advantage. Know your strengths and weaknesses and make them work for you.

Ufuoma

Florence is beautiful, historic, and usually has lots of events to go to that are very student-friendly.

Develop a plan early using critical thought and advice from people who have succeeded in life. Work hard and always strive to learn, and improve. Live for the moment, but plan for the future. Care for your fellow man, lead with your heart, and remember what is really important in life, your family, your loved ones, and the time you spend with them.

Parking is terrible, you have to get up basically before school starts to find parking spaces that aren't a mile from the school! There Just Isn't Enough of It. The parking situation at the UNA is horrendous. You have to time your arrival perfectly with the dismissal of the classes before yours. Otherwise, good luck being on time.

Brianna

I would advise myself to apply for tons of scholarships and to make sure i was coming out of high school with at least a 3.5 GPA that way i would not have to worry about money problems.

I wish i would have known that this college is not easy as it seems and you have to study all the time to get the GPA that you would like to have.

If a person is looking for somewhere to go to party every weekend and to get wild away from his or her parents, The University of North Alabama is not the place to go.

If I were to go back in time, and speak to myself as a high school student, I would have two simple words to say to myself, " Just breathe." Knowing what I know now about the college life, and making the transition could have made an incredible impact on how I went about my high school career. There were so many things I wish I could go back and change, and then again, if it weren't for those things happening I wouldnt be who I am today. And today, I am a better person. However, I know going back to see my high school self I would see a scared, self concious girl and all I can think of to say would be just breathe. Something I never knew I could do until I got to college. Something so simple, but yet so complex it took me this long to figure it out. So high school Stephanie, don't ever, ever forget how to breathe.

demetrice

My school is unique in so many ways. We have a lion den with real lions and they bring them to all the sport's event. We have over 200 majors that you will find interesting if not, there is a major call Interdisciplinary Studies which let you take all the classes that you would like to learn about. Also, it is good for transfer students instead of your classes from your previous school becoming electives they will be accepted as credits with this major. Most of your professors dont require textbooks usage, they prefer to lecture classes using knowledge.

Knowing what I know now, I would having taking advantage of my classes, teachers, tutors, and schoolwork. Staying focus is the key to succeeding in college yea its ok to have fun but make sure you take care of your schoolwork first the same effort you put into having fun should be used in the classroom and towards the assignment outside of class. In college you have to discipline yourself since there is so much freedom, you have to set a goal to get things done and still make time to have fun. Sometimes, you have to make a sacrifice there will be some days when you cant do what you want due to schoolwork. This is when you have to be mentally strong because at the end of the day you have to remember what is important and getting your degree is what you came to college for. Finally, you have to stay organize this will help you stay on top of your work, there will be somedays you will get distracted but having a planner or some type of remainder will be useful. Make sure you let your teachers know immediately if you dont understand something no matter.

The best thing are the professors, they are willing to work with you most of them want to see you get a degree from here so they make sure they provide you with useful knowledge that will be beneficial towards your degree study which will help you in the workforce. Every teacher here develops a personal relationship were you can text them anytime for help without having to feel uncomfortable. The campus has a friendly atmosphere, everybody speaks to you when you pass by. The campus provide so many activities throughout the week for students that are free with food.

Troy

I would have advised myself to study harder, to obtain a scholarship, and attend college right after high school, instead of waiting to go later in life. The best advice I could have given myself would be not to put things off till tomorrow, what you could do today. When tomorrow gets her it is today and you end up not getting it done. Waiting until mid-life to go to college and obtain a degree is hard to do. The hardest thing about waiting till mid-life to go to college is that there other issues to deal with besides just college; you have family and kids to raise, work to pay your bills – and it takes a lot away from your college schedule, whether it be study or taking less classes and taking longer to obtain your degree. Start a career while you are young, instead of working hard all your life and still not getting anywhere and end up going to college later to have the career you always wanted.

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship." L.M. Alcott I would tell myself that I can't control everything, to do my best, and stay calm. Life is going to toss you around, be ready for the blows and take everything one day at a time. You weren't a traditional senior, so your experiences changed who I am, and who I want to be. I'd make sure to get it through your mind that math is important, and it just gets harder as you go along. Take your time, and don't underestimate what your capable of. Never give up on your dreams, they are what define you. Time won't change what happens, the good and bad, but it can change how you feel about yourself. Love your family, they are your greatest supporters. Dad will always love you, even if you don't agree. Your family is instrumental to your success, sadly, you cant do everything on your own. Ultimately, Id tell myself that you can do anything and everything you set your mind too. You will say you can do it, and you will. I' m proof!

Ciara

I think UNA is best known for it's great teachers and small classes. Also for it's beautiful campus and the multiple activites you can do. There's always something going on at Norton auditorium whether it be acting or a musical performance. The students are very diverse from caucasians to african americans to hispanics. We have lots of foreign exchange students too. Some from South Korea and Japan. It's very culturally diverse. There are also many different places to eat on campus and a large library that's always packed but there still is room for others.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to not stress about it so much. Coming out of high school into college can be so scary and stressful worrying about making new friends, if the teachers will be mean and if all your financial aid stuff is straightened out. I would tell myself that it will all be fine because the financial aid at UNA is very nice and help explain things and walk you through the process. The teachers are very nice but also professional so don't slack off as much as in high school because the teachers aren't going to make sure you're doing your work like in high school. The students are friendly and you can make friends by just being in the same class as someone iand saying hello. So I'd tell myself not to worry so much. College is a lot better than high school and starting college is scary but so is any new adventure.

This school has a very beautiful campus and is large but not too large to where you can walk to pretty much all the buildings. The teacher to student ratio is 1:20 which I like because it's much easier to talk to them about stuff I might be having problems with and the classrooms aren't super packed with students. Everyone I have encountered in every department like financial aid, admissions, etc is very friendly and helpful. My advisor is very helpful and seems to care about my future. I've seen this with my other teachers too.

Daphne

I would tell m high school self to start saving money. College is very expensive and paying for it has a been such a struggle. I would encourage myself to put all the money I can into a banking account. I would also tell myself to become a better critical thinker and develop a studying habit that would merit good grades. I would advise myself to choose my friends wisely and continue to pray and read the word of God.

The worst thing about UNA is the cost of tuition. I believe that UNA costs more than it should

Any student looking to advance their education in a caring and loving environment built on academic excellence, tradition, and pride.

University of North Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.