Florence, AL
University of North Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Alabama

Shantasia

In all mattters of opinion and honesty, there is not one thing that I dislike about my school or find to be worst thing.

The University of North Alabama has a very diverse and friendly background. I am a prospective student at The University of North Alabama, by far I have honestly have been welcomed with open arms. My school does not discriminate or show any type of prejudice regarding race, sex, religious belief, and etc. The University of North Alabama is an Institution of higher learning. Anyone in seek of preparing for goals and future careers will be pleased with The University of North Alabama's offering. If ''vice versa'', this school may not be suitable for you.

Kayleigh

Looking back seven years after high school graduation and two years after college graduation, there are many things about life I have learned. From all of these life lessons there is one piece of advice in particular I would love to go back in time and give myself as a high school senior. I graduated from Pennsylvania State University in the midst of the job market crisis. I was able to find a job within a month of graduation but it is not what I would consider a career. This is because I did not pick a major that would lead to a promising career path. I am now going back to school to become a nurse. This means going into debt with school loans while working fulltime to pay monthly bills. Therefore, the most important advice I would have given myself is to chose wisely the degree you decide to earn while in college. The economy is tough and it is important to do the research to determine what career paths are in demand. Because going to school is so expensive it is pertinent to pick a major that presents a sucessful career path for the future.

I would tell myself as a high school senior that you are going to do great things in life. Don't let your physical disability, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, keep you from reaching your goals in life! Just because you grew up in a poverty stricken single parent home doesn't mean the world will not accept you. Just because you have a disability, doesn't mean the world will not accept you. Don't let others tell you what you can and can't do. You can achieve ANYTHING you set your mind to! You ARE going to become a Fashion Designer! You ARE going to be an amazing missionary. You ARE going to travel the world and change the lives of others! This advice I give to you as you are about to go to college and have the experience of a lifetime. Don't lose yourself and stay strong! Life is only the beginning, so don't waste it! God bless you!

Jordan

My classmates, though they have a vast variety of interests and goals, all work hard, are diligent, and take their studies very seriously; however, they maintain a level of sociality and freedom.

The University of North Alabama is known for their excellent art and music departments. The UNA Band is one of the best in the south. They have a strong staff of musicians who educate hundreds of music students. UNA also offers a wide diversity in areas of study. They are also well known for having two lions in a caged habitat right on campus!

Looking at how I went about school and work as a senior in high school, there are several things I would tell myself had I the ability to speak to my 'high-school senior' self. First would be the problems with procrastination. I had a problem with getting tasks done ahead of time and I would find myself frustrated and overwhelmed when due dates drew nearer and nearer. Looking back, I would tell myself to at least start on everything right away, regardless of its significance or urgency. Its better to have more done now, than little done later. I would also encourage myself to read more often and to spend less time on the computer and even less time watching television. Reading keeps the mind busy and will help to increase comprehension skills when in college, making it easier to understand and retain information. I would say that getting involved in community services, school clubs, societies, and things like All-State Band or other similar groups, will help your area of experience and will not only benefit in terms of personal growth, but colleges will look upon your interests and involvment very fondly. Don't settle for good enough.

I would tell myself senior year is not the time to slack off from studying. I would make sure to apply for all the financial aid and scholarships early. I would tell myself to study everything and not just what I need to know. I'd ask more question in class and be more involved in student activities. Be sure to tell myself to that college isn't as easy as I'd thought it would be. The key to passing classes is by getting ahead in your studies. I would make sure to tell myself to be prepared forevery class.

Worst thing is all incoming freshman are required to have a meal plan. The meal plan costs more than the housing.

The elevators break down a lot and that's really frustrating. It makes me mad when I have to get to class and only one of the elvators work. Usually I'll wait anywhere between 5 to 7 mins for the elevator.

Haley

My classmates range in age, but if I need help I know they will help me.

My classmates range in age, but if I need help I know they will help me.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stop and take a deep breath. Not to worry about what to major in, not to worry about if I will fit in, not to worry about what classes to take, and not to worry about if I will fail. I would tell myself to not worry so much, that I am going to go to a great college with great teachers and I will do just fine.

Everyone is very friendly and the teachers are so nice and helpful. I personally have had a total of 10 different teachers and classes on this campus and all of them went out of thier way to help me.

Alexis

Our school is best known for football and academics, and school pride.

Our school is best known for football and academics, and school pride.

One thing that is unique about our school is that we have real live mascotts that stay on campus.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior some advice I would give myself would be when I get accepted into college not to sign up for early classes, study hard, and enjoy life. Singing up for eight o ' clock classes was the worst thing I could had ever done while atttending college. No one told me it would be so hard getting up in the morning to go to class. Not only that, the class I had was biology I didnt know lecture would be so boing that I would struggle not to fall asleep. Then my professor would lock the door at eight o 'clock so even if I was just a little late I would miss class. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be to study often. I would study often because most professors give pop quizes on the last class material, and if you look over the material before you go to class you would be better prepared. The last thing I would tell myself would be to enjoy life and live like there is no tomorrow because lifes short and you only live once.

My classmates are all mainly art students, some outgoing while others are shy; however; they are all very creative.

My school is best known for being one of the oldest schools in Alabama.

If I could go back four years ago and give advice to myself as a senior, I would say, “You should attend a community college before going to a big four year college. Community colleges are such a wonderful place to transition into from high school. They are fairly small, easier classes, and usually close to home. College is expensive enough, so do not waste time taking out loans your first two years if you can take your basics for much cheaper. Then, after two years, transfer to a university to finish your bachelors degree. Pay attention your senior year! I know you want to get out and move on with your life, but keep working hard so you can get good grades. Really consider what you enjoy doing so you will have an idea once you get into college. Instead of taking study hall to fill that last class spot, take a class that interests you such as art, music, or psychology. People are constantly changing their majors in colleges, which only pushes them farther behind and needing more money.”

Katie

I love my classmates. All classrooms always have some individuals you get along with and some you don't but for the most part, i like them. There is a diverse group individuals of different backgrounds.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to always do the best I can. My parents' always told me to study, it would pay off oneday. I did study as a senior, but not near as much as I should have. College is a lot different than high school. It is harder, and you are on your own. I would tell myself not to wait for my parents' to say "Katie, do your homework!" I would do it myself, without being constantly told. It is a hard transition to make. I went from living at home with my parents' and two sisters to living an hour and a half away from home in a building with about 600 people. Scholarships are hard to come by. If I would have made straight A's in highschool, I would have had a better change at receiving a scholarship. Another thing i would tell myself is to get a job as a senior. I would tell myeslf to save my money and not spend it, becuase college is very expensive.

University of North Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.