Florence, AL
University of North Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Alabama

Rebecca Kate

The University of North Alabama is best known for thier Nursing, Education and Graduate Counselor Education program.

Rebecca, Pace yourself. Don't let college math frighten you; find a tutor and give yourself grace to make mistakes, every mistake leads you to know more about yourself and wisdom for the future. Give it your best shot. Take care of yourself physically and emotionally too. Exercise, get out of your head, don't sweat the small stuff and most of all have fun.

The most frustrating the thing about UNA was that UNA was a commuter campus. From Monday to Friday the school was buzzing with students but on the weekends it was a ghost town.

Krystal

While attending UNA I have learned not to take things for granted. And by that I mean money for tution, but I have also learned that studying hard and doing the best you can does pay off. I have recieved some scholarships for the past four years for having the grades that I made. (GPA 3.9) Learning how to budget your money is very important and a lesson well learned. I will be going an extra year because I changed my major late. So that means that this coming year, the fall of 2011 and spring of 2012, all of my scholarships will have ended a four year reign. So I am trying to fund my last year at UNA. I am currently in the nursing school at UNA and love it. They are actually one of the best Nursing schools in North Alabama. I know that when I graduate in May of 2012, I will have received the best education possible in my field. I have also learned how important my family is to me by helping me in any way possible. The most important thing learned is that God Blesses, I am very thankful for each one.

The University of North Alabama is a beautiful campus! It has a down home feeling to it. It close to anything that a Student could need living away from home. All the staff is very helpful. Apartments within walking distance.

The Parking is awful! We do have a parking deck , but some days it does fill up to quick. There is not enough parking for the amount of students that attend UNA. You can find a parking place , but it may take you 20 mins to walk to your class.

Tracy

The University of North Alabama has a wonderful campus. It is truly beautiful and is very well maintained. There are a great deal of options for food and entertainment within walking distance, which is a major plus. The professors are personable and very knowledgeable. They are always willing to help struggling students. Most importantly, the overall education is of very high quality.

The only people who should not attend this school are those who are not willing to put in the hours of study necessary. They will not pass the courses, and will gain nothing from their experience. Otherwise, it has something for nearly every kind of person.

So far, I have attended three semesters of college. I have attended two different colleges during this time. Both have been great experiences. One thing I have gained is improved ability to socialize. As a person diagnosed with high-functioning autism, social activity has never been natural for me. However, due to the kindness and understanding of faculty and student body, I have become more comfortable in this arena. I have also become better at studying. I was never bad at studying, but college has made me more efficient at it. This is mostly simply because studying is so integral to the college experience; even more so than in high school. I have learned things in college that I never considered before. As someone who is endlessly on a quest for knowledge, this has been a wonderful thing. I have discovered new interests which have changed my life. If I had not attended college, I feel I would be missing out on many important things.

Kris

school spirit, good academics

school spirit, good academics

I have gained a good education, obtained a good job but realize i need more education and experience in order to go further in my career plans. While in college, I gained friends, networking opportunities, and a life long learning opportunity.

Majors offered, lack of active greeks, financial aid

Jasmine

I have learned that being on your own is hard and enjoyable, as long as you make the right choices. I believe that is what college is all about. Learning who you are, and how you deal with various situations. Its not about the parties or the opposite sex, its just about learning what you can and cannot handle, and shaping your life to make better choices that improve your weaknesses. Hopefull, eduacation and life skill are all part of the college process, after all making good life choices will only get us so far once we run out of money.

I lovee the fact that i can walk to class, and that when i walk through the door my professors know who i am. I came from a small high school and am satisfied that i am still a name instead of just a number. We also have live Lions on our campus in a beautiful habitat right next to the president's house. How many people can say that they have live mascots at their home games, let alone in the heart of their campus?

The most frustration thing at UNA is their limited parking. I live on campus and i rarely leave because i am worried that if i do leave, when i return there will not be a spot for me. This problem needs to be fixed, expecially now that the school is growing.

I was not sure I wanted to attend college until my first day of class. Everything around me was new and exciting; and for the first time I actually looked forward to learning. Electricity filled the air as we all leaned forward in anticipation as the instructor entered the room. As if to know our apprehension, he smiled and welcomed us all on the first day of our grand adventure. Two years into the journey, and I continue to expand my horizons. I have made friends that may last my lifetime and I find the knowledge acquired being used on a daily bases. I am able to communicate effectively in most situations and the community college atmosphere has provided the self-confidence that I would have never been able to achieve elsewhere. I have been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy. High school students can be very cruel and are quick to point out personal flaws. Most of these flaws seem to have fallen to the wayside. I am now able to walk across the campus without hearing the childish laughter at my disabilities. If I had not gone to college, I may still be just another disabled young adult.

Alessio

What I have gotton out of my college experience is different from most others due to the fact that I am enrolled in an online college. I never thought it would have benefited as much as it has till this point. I've learned that once you have a dream you need to stick to it and not let any obstacles get in your way. Just because you are faced with obstacles does not mean you need to give up and stop following your dreams. You will be faced with many different obstacles as you are in school and you must find ways to overcome each. Each will make you stronger. I have been stuck in a dead end job for 3 years without any promotions. With a college degree I can start my career search.

University of North Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.