Florence, AL
University of North Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Alabama

Katie

I love my classmates. All classrooms always have some individuals you get along with and some you don't but for the most part, i like them. There is a diverse group individuals of different backgrounds.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to always do the best I can. My parents' always told me to study, it would pay off oneday. I did study as a senior, but not near as much as I should have. College is a lot different than high school. It is harder, and you are on your own. I would tell myself not to wait for my parents' to say "Katie, do your homework!" I would do it myself, without being constantly told. It is a hard transition to make. I went from living at home with my parents' and two sisters to living an hour and a half away from home in a building with about 600 people. Scholarships are hard to come by. If I would have made straight A's in highschool, I would have had a better change at receiving a scholarship. Another thing i would tell myself is to get a job as a senior. I would tell myeslf to save my money and not spend it, becuase college is very expensive.

JOSEPH

CLASSMATES ARE FRIENDLY AND SUPPORTIVE

CLASSMATES ARE FRIENDLY AND SUPPORTIVE

STUDENTS TEND TO TEACH OR GO INTO THE MEDICAL PROFESSION

EVEN THOUGH I MADE GOOD GRADES IN HIGH SCHOOL I WOULD STRIVE TO MAKE BETTER GRADES AND I WOULD NOT LET A RELATIONSHIP WITH A GIRLFRIEND COME BETWEEN MY STUDIES.

Michelle

Take some time to figure out what you really want to do for the rest of your life. Don't rush into anything. It's expensive and time consuming to go to college, and it gets harder to go back the older you get, so make sure you really think through this decision. I rushed into business college right out of high school simply because it was what I was good at. I learned really late that this isn't how I want to spend the rest of my life. Now, here I am in my thirties trying to work full time and go back to school to earn a bachelor's degree to makea career change.

Rebecca Kate

The University of North Alabama is best known for thier Nursing, Education and Graduate Counselor Education program.

Rebecca, Pace yourself. Don't let college math frighten you; find a tutor and give yourself grace to make mistakes, every mistake leads you to know more about yourself and wisdom for the future. Give it your best shot. Take care of yourself physically and emotionally too. Exercise, get out of your head, don't sweat the small stuff and most of all have fun.

The most frustrating the thing about UNA was that UNA was a commuter campus. From Monday to Friday the school was buzzing with students but on the weekends it was a ghost town.

Krystal

The University of North Alabama is a beautiful campus! It has a down home feeling to it. It close to anything that a Student could need living away from home. All the staff is very helpful. Apartments within walking distance.

While attending UNA I have learned not to take things for granted. And by that I mean money for tution, but I have also learned that studying hard and doing the best you can does pay off. I have recieved some scholarships for the past four years for having the grades that I made. (GPA 3.9) Learning how to budget your money is very important and a lesson well learned. I will be going an extra year because I changed my major late. So that means that this coming year, the fall of 2011 and spring of 2012, all of my scholarships will have ended a four year reign. So I am trying to fund my last year at UNA. I am currently in the nursing school at UNA and love it. They are actually one of the best Nursing schools in North Alabama. I know that when I graduate in May of 2012, I will have received the best education possible in my field. I have also learned how important my family is to me by helping me in any way possible. The most important thing learned is that God Blesses, I am very thankful for each one.

The Parking is awful! We do have a parking deck , but some days it does fill up to quick. There is not enough parking for the amount of students that attend UNA. You can find a parking place , but it may take you 20 mins to walk to your class.

Tracy

So far, I have attended three semesters of college. I have attended two different colleges during this time. Both have been great experiences. One thing I have gained is improved ability to socialize. As a person diagnosed with high-functioning autism, social activity has never been natural for me. However, due to the kindness and understanding of faculty and student body, I have become more comfortable in this arena. I have also become better at studying. I was never bad at studying, but college has made me more efficient at it. This is mostly simply because studying is so integral to the college experience; even more so than in high school. I have learned things in college that I never considered before. As someone who is endlessly on a quest for knowledge, this has been a wonderful thing. I have discovered new interests which have changed my life. If I had not attended college, I feel I would be missing out on many important things.

The University of North Alabama has a wonderful campus. It is truly beautiful and is very well maintained. There are a great deal of options for food and entertainment within walking distance, which is a major plus. The professors are personable and very knowledgeable. They are always willing to help struggling students. Most importantly, the overall education is of very high quality.

The only people who should not attend this school are those who are not willing to put in the hours of study necessary. They will not pass the courses, and will gain nothing from their experience. Otherwise, it has something for nearly every kind of person.

Kris

school spirit, good academics

school spirit, good academics

I have gained a good education, obtained a good job but realize i need more education and experience in order to go further in my career plans. While in college, I gained friends, networking opportunities, and a life long learning opportunity.

Majors offered, lack of active greeks, financial aid

University of North Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.