University of North Alabama Top Questions

Darian

All the stairs on campus make immensely difficult to navigate the ground while sick or injured.

Hayden

The worst thing about UNA would have to be the fact that the University Residences office only REALLY cares about the Freshmen. They give the upperclassmen a second-rate answer for simple questions, such as "Why have I not received the email you told me you would send a week ago?" and "Why are you in an 8 hour meeting on the day of room changes?"

Hayden

anh

University of North Alabama is a small school, where we have small classes and all porfessors and staffs are so nice and willing to help individual when they needed help but the worst thing about it is it has small number of parking places. As a feshman, students are not allowed to park on campus, they have to park couple miles away and take a bus to school. Sometimes, we have to drive around for 15 minutes find a parking place and sometimes we ended up by late for class. I hope school will ix that problem soon.

The fact it is much smaller and therefore some have limited and close minded ideas about things, but there is always room for change.

Day'Zha

Come into the University of North Alabama with an open mind to meet new people and to start a new life. Not only should you come in with an open mind, but you should also come in ready to work hard and earn your good grade, because if you start off strong you will finish strong, but if you start off not so well it will be hard to build your GPA back up.

Trying to call some departments about information tends to be inconclusive. Many times, I end up reaching their voicemail.

Destinee

The worst thing about my school is the lack of parking that is offered to students. It causes students to have to walk long distances or ride a bus to class. This problems is an inconvience to all students and I believe that the University of North Alabama should increase the parking areas around campus.

Ufuoma

Parking is terrible, you have to get up basically before school starts to find parking spaces that aren't a mile from the school! There Just Isn't Enough of It. The parking situation at the UNA is horrendous. You have to time your arrival perfectly with the dismissal of the classes before yours. Otherwise, good luck being on time.

Daphne

The worst thing about UNA is the cost of tuition. I believe that UNA costs more than it should

Shantasia

In all mattters of opinion and honesty, there is not one thing that I dislike about my school or find to be worst thing.

Worst thing is all incoming freshman are required to have a meal plan. The meal plan costs more than the housing.

Abril

Parking

Krystal

The Parking is awful! We do have a parking deck , but some days it does fill up to quick. There is not enough parking for the amount of students that attend UNA. You can find a parking place , but it may take you 20 mins to walk to your class.

The worst thing about my school is the parking availability. There is not enough parking for the number of students attending the university. The students and faculty have a difficult time finding parking places that are a mile from the school. This problem becomes even more annoying on rainy days.

DeBora

I would have to say there is not anything on campus to keep the student occupied during their free time. I feel it is important to balance a social life with academic life. Studying all day and night with no down time can drive a student crazy.

Jennie

It's based in a small town. I wish the town would cater more to the students.

Shemeka

UNA does not have enough academic majors. Having more majors will help students find bigger and better jobs.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that only French, Spanish, and German upper level classes are offered. With the world climate being the way it is, there needs to be more emphasis on foreign languages to prepare college students for the global society which they will someday enter. I believe these languages include, but are not limited to, Arabic, Chinese, and Japanese.

The law enforcement is really strict about underage drinking and tends to pick on athletes especially to try and get them in trouble. The law enforcement seems to be more worried about getting people in trouble and using college students as a source of payment to support the city then the well being of students safety.

The worst thing is that I think people put way too much into football and sports.

The worst thing about this school is the cheapest dorm rooms. They are small and they smell, but you will meet some a lot of people and make good friends.

Sharde

The worse thing that I can say about my school is that its a little far away from home, but once you get to know people you realize that some of the students are als far away from home and that youre really closer then others.

Some of the professors do not take their job seriously.

Tajha

it's location, because it is hard to get around without a car.

There was not always things to do around town for the college students.

The parking is hard if you have a class after 8. It is never a close walk to class from your car. The shuttle takes 40 min. to get around the route.

Foreign exchange program lacks in getting the students to get outside of their subculture inside of UNA and communicate with americans, which in my opinion defeats the purpose of having a foreign exchange student program.