University of North Alabama Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of North Alabama

Hayden

UNA is a very nice university. Other than the occasional drug scene, which will happen at almost every other college in the world anyway, there is not a lot of bad things that happen on this campus. The residential life is sub-par, however, and they seem to care a lot more about incoming Freshmen than they do their current students well being.

I LOVE my school! My professors are fantastic and the campus is beautiful. Everybody is friendly and the small class sizes are a dream. I would definitely recommend this university to anyone who is looking for a personal classroom environment and small campus.

Mackenzie

The University of North Alabama was not my first choice of college, but I don`t know where I would be if I weren`t going to school at UNA. I love our lions, the beautiful campus, and that it`s not far from home. UNA is my second home and have they have given me amazing experiences and opportunities. I can`t wait to finish my last few years at this wonderful university and graduate.

Kaitlin

This university is like home. The teachers help any way they can and the fellow students are friendly and full of school pride. I will continue to go to this college until I get my degree because they will prepare me to go into the field that I choose.

Sharon

The professors are willing to work with students when issues occur. Students are friendly and enthusiastic about their activities, community, and school. Overall, the University of North Alabama has a welcoming environment and a good educational program.

Mary

I just transferred here this Spring and I already love the school. The housing is pretty good. You basically get what you pay for. The more expensive your housing is, the better it is. In my opinion, the campus food is really good. There are plenty of choices to choose from. The academic buildings are really close. There are buses that run, but if you live on campus you really won't need it. We are the only school in Alabama that has two live mascots, which is different. I am just happy that I am here and look forward to finishing my college years here.

Danielle

I attended the university SOAR program and I will be attending this school in the fall. My experience at the SOAR program was magnificent. The SOAR counselors who are also students at the university were very helpful and nice. We had to stay overnight and the dorms were very spacious and beautiful. We were informed on the many resources the university has to ensure a safe environment and just anything we need help with. Food was also amazing. The staff was very engaging, helping, and willing to get all opinions. The experience was just overall wonderful and it is definitely a university I will be recommending to those around me.

Daniel

I loved visiting the campus. I know multiple people who go to UNA and they all love it. The professors are really helpful and want you to succeed. The campus is beautiful and the students are like family. I can’t wait to attend University of North Alabama next fall.

Exactly what I needed. Not too small, not too big. Lot's of students like me, lots of diversity.

Tyler

Transferring to UNA from a junior college or high school is smoother and less intimidating than transferring to other colleges. The faculty is friendly, the professors let you know how to contact them, there are always extracurricular events to check out, and you have the chance to meet many different types of people.

Emmalee

The University or North Alabama is centered in the heart of Florence. As you walk through the campus you are constantly greeted by friendly faces and the most unique and elegant buildings. The teachers at this university take time to aid students toward their success as a graduate. Not only are people nice but on this campus you have so many opportunities to be involved with the school whether it is academics, athletics, or even clubs.

It is such a beautiful and lively campus with professors and advisors who only want you to succeed. UNA is big on athletics and everyone there is proud to be a lion! Academics are promising to everyone with unique courses and many majors to choose from.

Lindsey

I love UNA. This is by far the nicest and most friendly campuses I​ have ever been to. There is always a smiling face to say hello and Roar Lions too. Everyone is so helpful and cheerful and the professors actually care about you and your grades. They will move around their schedules to make time for you if you need help.

Jihye

I think people is nice but not a big or good college. College food store are all junk food and not healthy at all. Some student smokes at schools and sometimes at school dorm too. Some student adviser force student to take some classes and it is expensive to international student and the international student office do not really helpful and looking for money.

Autumn

Being a student at UNA has been one of the best things I have ever done. The class sizes are smaller which allows the teachers to really know you by name and learn stuff about you. They also remember you. I am a Junior and one of my professors from Fall of my freshman year saw me on campus and remembered my name, major and even asked about how my health condition was doing. The campus is beautiful. I love going to walk around campus at night and I always feel super safe. I truly feel like the students are like a family. 10/10 would recommend UNA.

Danielle

I love the University of North Alabama because the campus is just the right size for any students wanting to go to an university, but they don't want to be overwhelmed. There are many great opportunities to get involved and find a place you call home while you're at UNA. You can also make some great friends to last a lifetime, as well as an outstanding education.

Nicholas

My opinion of UNA I’d that it is one of the best schools you can attend for several different majors and everyone there has a huge amount of school spirit. Class sizes aren’t large so it is easy to get to know your professors and they are always available.

Jesslyn

UNA makes it easy to become used to living on your own away from your parents. Professors and staff are friendly, easily to talk to or ask questions and make themselves available when needing help or guidance. The campus is easy to navigate and find where you need to go.

Alisha

The University of North Alabama is very accommodating to different types of students from different backgrounds and situations. There is increasing diversity among the student body as well as various organizations being created and developed to support the continued flourishing of UNA's diversity in other areas as well, including its offered courses, extra-curricular programs, and organizations. The class size is usually around 30-40 students, which is great for individuals who prefer to be in not too small but also not too large classes. However, there are some that tend to have only a few students or much more due to the popularity of a course. I enjoy the sporting events--football games in particular-- because of the positive and family friendly atmosphere. UNA also has a very safe campus which is always an important factor.

I love UNA the professors are always ready to help to. The academic environment is very collaborative rather than lecture style, although there are some professors that lecture if that is your thing. There are tons of RSOs and fun to be had! The surrounding town of Florence is great too!

I rather enjoy UNA. The classes are a good size of not too many and not too little. I wish they had a better animation program, or one at all, but their art classes in general are extremely informative and helpful to any artist. There are several online classes available for those who can't attend on campus classes, couldn't sign up for a certain class, and those who just need a more flexible school schedule to fit in with their work schedule.

Kaitlyn

I love UNA! The Campus is beautiful and we have two live lions, Leo III and Una! The town is great and the people are awesome! The Academics are great too! The professors encourage intelligent discussion between students and provide a great learning environment. Athletics are also fun! I love attending games!

Kennedy

Awesome school! I can't wait to attend in the fall. The tour guides were very helpful and answered all of my questions. There is a strong sense of community which is amazing for incoming freshman students. They really promote academics and being a well-rounded student.

I absolutely love it!

Robin

We are very impressed with the housing options. A couple options we really do like is the opportunity to request a roommate or have one selected for you. Since I will be away from home for the first time it will be great to have a friend as a roommate. The learning opportunities and ability to speak with professors are very encouraging as well.

Brett

I want to attend college at UNA. I have driven by the campus a lot when visiting Florence. I know of some students that have attended there and seen the campus. I live 40 minutes from the college. I have never been a student there myself. The city is safe. I am familiar with the stores and restaurants in the area as well. The city is also a clean city to live in or near.

Ethan

The University of North Alabama is an amazing place to begin a college life especially for a freshman. I know this because I have friends who have attended this university and I have heard nothing but great things about it. I also have seen the campus and it is a beautiful place to make that transition from high school to college.

Jazmine

Nice campus, friendly students, great housing choices...My mom attended UNA, she has been influential in my decision to visit the campus and possibly attend school at UNA. I had the opportunity to visit the campus. I was intrigued by the warm and welcoming environment, the enthusiasm of the teaching staff, the opportunity for growth and development, the athletic department and everything about this college. Not to mention the stellar academic programs.

Madalyn

This University, just like any other university has its ups and downs but this campus has something that I do not think many campuses have is the community. Everyone one campus encourages everyone and everyone is involved. People are willing to step out of their comfort zones to speak to someone they may not know and that is what a campus should look like. I believe that our university represents what all universities should be like.

Kali

UNA is a great school, but just like every other University it has its downfalls. UNA has a great Title IX program and is very good about promoting the programs that are avaiable on campus to students. Howver, the school does place an exagerrated emphasis on greek life. Although there are many organizations on campus, none are given nearly as much priority when compared to sororities and fraternities. Since the switch to D1, the school is also attmpting to put an increased focus on the athletic department (specifically the football team) and are drawing back from the arts regarding both financial and promotional obliations.

Jada

University of North Alabama is a very independent school, that has received approvals from the student body and parents. UNA is very focused on their students succeeding in the classroom and outside of the classroom. This school is one that I would highly recommend for students who don't just want to be a number but a person.