University of North Carolina at Asheville Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

There are about seven residence halls here, one in construction. Except for Governor's Hall and Governor's Village (which have single rooms), all of the residence halls are mixed classes (no freshmen-only dorms) with combined sexes. They're all pretty nice too, but each of them has their own vibe. All freshmen are required to live on campus and the most popular residence halls for freshmen are Mills, Founders, and East and West Ridge. I lived in Mills my first year and liked it because it's central on campus (though our campus is pretty small) and all the rooms are set up with one room for a student and their roommate, then a room next to that with two suite mates, a bathroom and shower, and living space which is furnished and includes a microwave and mini-fridge and cable. Essentially, this is the more social option with the living room included in the room, and it's a little bit louder than the rest. Students will never have to share a bathroom with more than three others--no hallway bathrooms, and no mixed-sex rooms, but alternating rooms. Founders and West and East Ridge are similar but typically only hold one room for a student and their roommate. The Ridges are a lot quieter because they're farther away, but they're also newer, a little larger and nicer in that sense. But overall--the residence halls are pretty good here.