University of North Carolina at Asheville Top Questions

I love the location of UNCA. It's set in the valley of the Blue ridge mountains. I love how after I am finished with class I can take a short 10 minute drive to the parkway for a hike or to simply enjoy the scenery.

Zoie

UNC-Asheville has a beautiful campus. Many consider schools with old buildings and long histories to be the prettiest campuses. My college has newer dorms and is relatively young in the UNC system; however, the location in the western part of North Carolina makes it one of the loveliest campuses. Walking across campus can seem like a nature hike with beautiful colors in the trees and plants in spring and fall.

Khari

The diversity and artistic flair of both the students and the campus never cease to amaze me. Being a liberal arts university, UNC-Asheville is a beautiful campus littered with unique art and architechture.

The best thing about my school is the small class sizes for more personal attention and the many varieties of people I am able to interact with each and every day.

Iris

I really appreciate the willingness of my teachers to make time to meet with students, discuss problems, and work with students to create a positive and educational experience. Most professors are prompt to respond to email and available to students many hours of the week, which eases pressure and opens the lines of communication between faculty and students in a helpful way.

The open and accepting environment, where learning and diversity are supported.

Learning envirorment is what I consider the best about my school. It's a small school and very friendly. The teachers are care about their students.

Nathalie-Marie

The best thing about my school is its ability to get people involved. Whether we are talking about health, the environment, or even the 2008 Presidential Elections, my school is able to reach its students more readily than other institutions and that is due to its small size, but moreover in its ability to create a mass of students that believe they have a voice and give opportunities for them to voice it.

People are open minded.