University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Seana

It is a very welcoming college! Everyone seems very nice!

The University of Chapel Hill is known for being National Champions but were more than just athletics. As the first public college in the nation, we have continued to strive for high standards. The academic rigor is challenging but it is easily balanced with campus culture and spectacular sports.

Chapel Hill is a Public Ivy, meaning that you're getting an Ivy League education while attending a public university. As a transfer student, I was amazed by all of the different organizations and extracurriculars that the school has to offer. The education itself is very challenging, but assuming you're applying to the school, that's why you want to come anyways! If you want to be constantly mentally stimulated, I'd recommend applying as a first-year or transfer.

I transferred into UNC Chapel Hill as a sophomore and have been to many other institutions since to take numerous classes. I’ve never experienced another school like Chapel Hill. It is an absolutely incredible institution and will always be home for me.

Kaelyn

I am loving Chapel Hill! It's such a fun community to be a part of, and although classes are challenging, they are fun and make you think outside the box, and certainly open the door for new conversations and new ideas. There's always something to do on campus, and there's never a dull moment for students here.

Frances

The University of North Carolina of Chapel Hill is rich with opportunity, exciting courses and a sense of community. My time here has been a positive experience and has helped me grow as a person, student and learner. However, there are also problematic elements of school that make it so students don’t feel safe or heard. Overall, UNC-CH is an unmatched university in terms of its balance between academics, social life and experience, although like most schools, there is room for improvement.

Aliya

I love the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It is a great challenging school with a variety of majors. As a minority, I personally love how they have programs dedicated to helping minorities feel welcomed to their university. All of the students and professors are amazing. I am proud to be attending there in the fall of 2020.

Nathan

If you want A+ education, competitive sports, and an awesome college experience, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is the place for you! Admissions is extremely competitive, so if you want to get in, you have to have good grades and good test scores.

Jillian

UNC-Chapel Hill is one of the best schools in North Carolina if not the absolute best. The environment is safe and conducive to learning. The faculty and student body are accommodating and encouraging. The campus is beautiful and the school attempts to run sustainably. The campus allows students to exercise their voice and find their place.

Miracle

Chapel Hill is one of the very schools I had always wanted to attend. It’s actually at the top of my list. The diversity and great memories I would make over there, would be unforgettable. I can’t wait to meet the beautiful people and kind hearts .

Charles

Best four years of my life. I remember amazing conversations inside and outside of the classroom, with faculty and students, all the time. Great community, where I met some of my best friends who are still with me 8 years after graduation. I am so grateful.

Brianna

This university seems to be one of the best universities to ever attend. This university has a great environment where anyone and everyone can attend and that it always welcome different people who are into different things. UNC Chapel Hill feels like home to many students, and I would like to be one of those many students to be able to know what it feels like to be a Tar Heel. The school spirit is amazing, especially when it comes to their rivalry with Duke University during the basketball season. If there is a certain college that anyone would want to feel welcomed into, and love school spirit, then University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is the recommended college, regardless of personality or ethnicity. This place feels like home.

Hanna

Overall, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an incredible institution. It has an abundance of opportunities for an individual to explore the arts, for individuals who are interested in sports, extracurriculars, or Greek Life. No matter your interest there will be others who share it and plenty of student organizations to join. The campus facilities are awesome, most are incredibly clean and extremely state-of-the art. The courses at the University are incredibly challenging, there will be no easy A's you have to work for your scores, but it can be extremely rewarding.

Janiyah

Everyone has a “why,’ or a reason for doing a thing. My uncle is always quoting his favorite author and mentor, the late Dr. Miles Monroe. Dr. Miles Monroe once said that there are two very important times in a person’s life. The day you are born, and the day you find out why. I found out my reason why I choose the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill the first day I stepped foot on campus. The first day I was able to connect with so many individuals and right then many doors had opened up not just for me but my classmates. UNC-CH academics although very difficult, it has instilled so much knowledge in me, by enabling a diverse community outside and inside the classroom. UNC-CH is much more than just a sports school, the students and staff make it their priority to make sure that you have an exceptional college experience. Overall if you want the best college experience UNC-CH is the place to be.

Kesha

Even though I wished my professors were more approachable and that I should have taken the time to visit them at office hours, I would rate Carolina 5/5 every time. I fell in love with the campus and how liberal and open minded my classmates were. Not to mention how talented everyone was, not only in academics, but also in sports, arts, or dance. The experiences I have had, both good and bad, are what have shaped me into the person I am today and so Carolina will always hold a special place in my heart.

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is the place where I was able to find myself. It provides a great community with so many opportunities for clubs, sports, internships. There is really something for everyone. For example, I joined a dance club- but have never danced a day in my life. There are so many fun things and wonderful people, you will no doubt find your place. Plus, we have great bagels.

Anthony

Visited the campus three seperate times and the entire experience was fantastic. As an out of state student I am eager to find out if I will be accepted and can begin my career at Carolina!

Phuong Khanh

UNC Chapel Hill is a great school to attend and it is very easy to find your people here. The extra-curriculars are excellent with a variety to choose from and the student fan-base is phenomenal. Classes are hard here, especially in the STEM department, however, with the right studying techniques, it can be done.

Danielle

An amazing institution. It is SUPER challenging but the amazing classes and professors make it feel much easier. I picked the perfect school for myself. Don't expect to not have to work hard though - it is tough! The culture here is amazing. If you LOVE basketball, choose UNC!

Alexandra

Attending Chapel Hill has opened my world to endless possibilities and experiences. When first visiting the campus, I knew it would be the college I would attend, as the excitement and innovation in the atmosphere was tangible. However, upon attending the school, all of this and more completely exceeded my expectations. There are endless amounts of people with unique backgrounds and stories, the professors have a desire for their students to succeed and learn, and there is a drive for knowledge and success in the atmosphere that is invigorating and encouraging.