University of North Carolina at Charlotte Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of North Carolina at Charlotte

Maddie

I love my school. I feel safe and at home here. There are many opportunities for students to feel involved and join clubs. There is a club for everything so no one is left out. There is a great dynamic between students and professors, most want the best for you and really try to work with you.

Michele

Very nice campus

Maya

UNCC has a large and diverse student class, variety of recreational activities, and community involvement. Almost any interest you could find a niche for on campus and there are plenty of areas to explore around the campus within half a hour's drive. There are numerous study groups, professor availabilities, and tutoring opportunities. Plenty of job opportunities on campus as well as nearby. Greek life and parties are well known but they are not overbearing for students; if one wants to participate they can but if they don't want to it's no pressure. Plenty of ways on and around campus for students to destress and enjoy themselves. Very well rounded campus

jewel

My Personal Opinion of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte is that it is a great University. The Buildings are beautiful and the fact new additions are constantly being made is extreme exciting. I have visited the campus multiple times because I will be attending Fall of 2018. The campus housing if very nice surprisingly. Most of the other schools I have toured have specific building that have nice housing but the rest are trash so, if you ant good housing you better apply quickly. It is not like that at Charlotte. 95% of the housing at charlotte is nice renovated and pleasing to the eyes. I would be happy to stay at any of the housing on or off Charlottes campus. The café is very versatile and accommodates to many diet specifications such as vegan, gluten free and vegetarian diets. There are many options at all cafeterias. Although in my personal opinion South village had the best café North Village has a very nice one I would not mind eating at. Overall University of North Carolina Charlotte, is a wonderful campus with great housing and a good café compared to most college campuses.

Jillian

UNC Charlotte overall has an outstanding atmosphere surrounding its campus. From the moment I toured the campus I knew this is where I wanted to go for higher education. With the city of Charlotte being minutes away from the college there are a plethora of opportunities for students; from internships to outside of school activities.

Brianna

UNCC is an amazing campus. The academics and extracurricular activities create a way for you to always be involved. UNCC goes out of there way to make sure every student is given a great experience. The professor go above and beyond what is expected to make sure each student is at a good academic standing.

LoveJoy

I really love the school!

Javier

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a great school. It is in the growing quickly and surrounding by many things to do throughout the week. The teachers are always available and the campus is always clean. The school is very modern with top of the art technology and is always being renovated. This is a great school to attend!

Matthew

I have enjoyed my time so far at UNC Charlotte. The academics are high quality and the campus is diverse. The dorms and cafeteria are nice as well. I really like being in an true academic environment, like that found at Charlotte. I am fortunate to be able to spend my time as an undergraduate at UNCC.

Marquita

My overall opinion of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte is that it is not for everyone. Just coming here make sure you know why you specifically want to come here and not base it on what others have told you, everyone’s experience is different. Also I believe that the groups on campus are great but if you are not in one of those groups then it might be harder to find a friend group that have similar interest as you do.

Diana

As an out-of-state student, UNC Charlotte has become my home. After filling out my Common Application, little did I know just how much this university would influence me. The diversity, academic opportunities, social life, and faculty who take a personal investment in my accomplishments, have all contributed to my love for this university. Not only is the location perfect for students who find adventure in big cities, but the beautiful campus and lovely weather add to the overall aesthetic and college experience.

UNCC is the only college I can picture myself attending. The campus is huge, but it offers free bike and bus services to help you get around. There's also the newly finished light rail that students can use for free to take them into Charlotte. There's also tons of different clubs and class options to choose from in case you don't know what you want to do yet.

Exson

Great college for someone who wants to try out some new scenery! Great faculty and there is always someone willing to help! And its a plus that theres the meteo that runs from campus to downtown Charlotte and that just expands your experience even more and allows for you to have a job out of campus if desired

Sydney

As a new student on Unc Charlottes campus, I am thoroughly impressed. The campus is large and gorgeous. There are so many different areas on campus to relax, study, or get in the school spirit! There are plenty of sports games to attend and more than enough places to go off campus. The class sizes range depending on the class, but are a good size. There is plenty of academic help when you need it, and everyone is here to see you succeed.

Tyanna

University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a great school. There are many opportunities for many different kinds of people like over 300 clubs and organizations to join. There are also a lot of resources such as the career center, mental and physical health center, police department, foreign language center, and more located here.

Aaliyah

The only thing good about this school is the campus. Which is extremely difficult to access. Parking is basically impossible. The college is poorly staffed and the parking is insane. There is a reason it is so affordable because they get money scamming money from visitors and loop hole charges to students. The dorms are absolutely repulsive they're small and moldy. Honestly, it is the worst college I have seen.

Often the school is not partial to students of all colors. The administration has been known not to take action on black on white threats. There have been instances when opposing ideologies have been hushed and given a hard time, especially when trying to start a new organization. The food in the dining halls could definitely use some work.

Nikita

I really enjoy attending UNCC. It has easily become my new home and I love the student life. It has a lot of really good professors and there are plenty of supplemental sources to help you succeed. The school offers free tutoring and workshops to students.

Andrew

I love it here. It is my favorite place to be. I am a big athletic person, so there is always some kind of game or athletic experience going on. The construction and the parking is probably the only thing that drives people crazy. I totally made the correct decision to attend UNC Charlotte. I have met so many people and made so many memories in only two years of being on campus.

Shamar

I was really sold on this school by the minute I walked into campus, it is a beautiful campus. The student guides did a perfect job in selling the school to others and they had me paying attention and lingering on every word. Everywhere we walked, we saw students communicating with one another, studying in groups, having fun, and just enjoying the sun and campus all together. They have a ton of resources there that help the students multiple ways and I really appreciated that aspect. If I can get the money and if God says that he wants me to go there, then I will be there coming up this fall. This school is at the top of my list and will continue to be because I don't believe there is a better campus out there than UNC-Charlotte.

A

This is a nice school to go to because it has many undergraduate degrees. The professors are wonderful and it's really easy to talk to them outside of class if help for the course is needed. The campus seems big, but I personally think it's easy to walk to class by foot from either housing location.

Laura

My experience at UNC Charlotte was a positive one. I had advisors, mentors, and professors who helped me along the way. The campus was beautiful and modern. I've met great friends in my public health program that I still keep in contact with. There were tons of events happening on campus and lots of clubs and organizations to get involved with. Close by was a multitude of restaurants and shopping. I enjoyed my time at UNC.

Overall, I love Charlotte. The campus is beautiful and the dorms are the nicest I've ever seen at a university. Teachers are helpful and available. Only downside of the university comes from the lack of out of state grants which is pretty much my only complaint besides the parking which is a bit expensive. If considering definitely give it a chance!

Katilyne

I am going to apply to the college after i graduate from Cleveland Community College and I can wait to visit there i have heard so many great things about the university and i can not wait to attend to this one I really do love the campus it is so beautiful and they have a garden and pool in the gym!!!!!

My overall opinion of the school is that not only is the campus beautiful to look at but the feeling that everyone is focused on academics is very prominent. When walking into a building there are students typically reading or having discussions over material that they may have an exam for in the following class or a class meeting they had just attended. The student life is always focus on having the students themselves join clubs of all kinds and attend events that are typically happening every week.

MacKenzie

I love Charlotte. It's right between the beautiful city and farmland, you get the best of both worlds. You can find lots to do if you're looking in the right spot. There's plenty of resources available for students and the students themselves are extremely friendly.

Oswin

Its a great school that's on the come up and is constantly growing, but it is way too expensive and hardly gives any financial aid at all. Its a big school with a small school feel almost. Everyone is family here and school pride is extreme. You can start saying our chant to anyone and whole crowds join in. Overall school is great!

Namen

UNCC is actually home for me. Many individuals can say all they need in regards to it being a school where you would drive back and forth from, however there are a large number of students that live on grounds. That, as well as the teachers (at any rate in my area of expertise) are fabulous. Very astounding. They're wise, enthusiastic, and really need you to succeed. Some professors will let you know precisely what to record or even give you the notes, while others simply straight address. Greek life is developing too, and being separated of UNCC's greek life has been an extremely remunerating background for me. UNCC keeps on becoming greater and better each year. In spite of the fact that our game groups aren't the best, they're new and showing signs of improvement. In spite of the fact that UNCC doesn't have a ton of custom, WE are the understudies that get the chance to begin the conventions that will be set apart as legends on this grounds. Talking about the grounds, it's wonderfully manufactured. The living arrangement corridors on grounds are pleasant, with various flat buildings off and around grounds accessible. There is likewise a wide assortment of clubs, associations, and other social exercises to be separated on grounds. A portion of the structures can be disappointing when you can't discover your class, yet the grounds is certainly acceptable on it's looks.

Wyatt

The only physical challenge is all the hills paired with the size of campus. Commuting via bicycle or other similar transportation is a little bit of a challenge. Classes are pretty good and the professors try to be entertaining. Do a little bit of research before selecting your science lecture halls because you may get stuck with a professor that is hard to understand and has a difficult teaching style.

sabrina

This a wonderful school to safe day. The professors and students are very open and welcoming. The sports are big and everyone participates. As well as in the fraternities and sororities, they are very accepting of all types of race religion and sexuality.

S

Engineering courses here are very challenging. You will work twice as hard as anyone else at the university. BUT, engineers are less competitive, and work well together. There is a definite sense of company through the academic misery. But every single engineer I know had multiple opportunities at graduation. The outcome is definitely worth it!

Ellen

Overall my experience at UNC-Charlotte was a good one. The facilities were nice and really helped it my overall learning experience. I spent endless hours at the library. The biology department tried too hard to weed people out of the major. I graduated with very few students in my major. My professors were often times more interested in research than in teaching us. With that being said I really did enjoy UNC-Charlotte and how it prepared me for graduate school.

Serena

Before attending UNCC, I was attracted to their commitment to diversity and urban lifestyle. After successfully finishing my first semester here, I am still drawn and content with the level of diversity. Most of the students are open-minded, but the teachers are encouraging so far. I would recommend different foods for SoVi (south village dining) and a better app to track the buses. I'm nervous for the physics department so more tutoring and funding would be nice. Overall, it is a beautiful and friendly campus!

I really enjoy being a 49'er, its always a great time. Between the students , the professors, the friends you can make and the academics as a whole I feel I am getting the best education I can to prepare myself to go to pharmacy school and make myself successful and reach my own personal goals.

Bradley

UNCC is a great school that I believe will soon be of a similar prestige as UNC Chapel Hill or NC State. I feel as though my professors all care about my education and they all seem to enjoy what they are doing. There is a lot to do on campus as well as the area surrounding the university. The dining halls' food is better than most chain restaurants' food, and I feel at home here on campus. I'm proud to be a 49er.

Lailah

My overall opinion of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte is that it is a wonderful school to attend. As a new freshman, I am excited to be attending this school in the fall. Every time I visit my future campus I have a great time. The people ask if I need help and the on campus shops and facilities are always clean and gives the appearance that the college really cares about its students and visitors.

Jada

UNC Charlotte is a great school. On the weekends, or in general, you can tell that it is a commuter school. There is a lot going on all the time. I would definitely recommend to any family or friend. The campus has plenty to do along with surrounding facilities. Plenty of jobs and off campus housing.

Jason

I've been to the college two times already, and I already feel at home. The first time I visited the campus it was for a weekend, and it was due to my friend inviting me. She gave me a tour of the campus, and it was breathtaking. Around every corner there were students studying, chatting, or enjoying what the campus had to offer. When my friend had to go to class I felt ok to be by myself. There's a safe aura that encompasses the campus, and makes it easy for you to enjoy your educationally journey. In all UNC Charlotte is a great school to attend, and I can't wait to be there this fall.

Aaliyah

UNC Charlotte is fun and a diverse place where you can meet many new friends. Also there are many opportunities on campus. Based on from what I have experienced at UNC Charlotte I believe it is the right fit for me. I would recommend those who are rising seniors in high school to go to UNC Charlotte if they have what they are trying to major in.

diane

Its a great school, they have a lot of on campus activity follow the student activity center Instagram page and you will find many campus activity out through the year, but the only thing is that the in campus housing is so expensive its ridiculous, but the school great.

I love my school! There are opportunities for everyone and there is a lot of awareness on campus about social issues. Students are very involved in Greek life and other organizations on campus. The art department makes a big impact by displaying artwork all over the grounds and in different buildings.

Fatima

While visiting Charlotte, I knew I just had to apply and transfer. Everything from the student life to its academic life had me entranced. I absolutely cannot wait to start as a junior in the fall of 2018. I know it will be the best time of my life that I’ll remeber forever.

As a student who transferred from a small, private (but in-state) college to UNC-C, I can honestly say there is a tremendous difference in the quality of education, focus on academics while remaining fun, and staff who genuinely want you to succeed here. The University is large but inviting and there is always something enjoyable going on; I'd even say it is borderline impossible to be bored on campus. Also, due to the large student population, there is a group for everyone - friendship is quick and easy to come by. Go 49ers!

Cassidy

I love it, it is my home away from home (WV). It's a perfect fit for me, and I new this as soon as I stepped foot on campus. The is always shining, and even when it rains the atmosphere is wonderful. I love how passionate the students are, and how there is always somebody around it give a helping hand.

Bryanna

Great campus culture + amazing people + stellar acedemics + the best city in North Carolina = UNC Charlotte! You truly can not go wrong with this equation for success that makes me proud to be a Niner! Transferring to UNCC was the best decision I ever made!

jazzmin

It's really a home away from home for me! The class sizes are perfect for me (minus your freshman year, you will have lecture classes!!!) The school spirit is always hype, I love the energy that we all have when we come together. I'm so happy that I chose UNCC and i hope this helps you choose to become a niner!!!

I transferred here from UNCG due to multiple terrible experiences there and astounding unprofessionalism and personal attacks from the head of my department there. The program at UNCC is so much better, with more structured and comprehensive degree paths. I do wish that someone had been able to guide me a little better as a late transfer (Senior). I basically wasted an entire year taking prerequisites that could have all been done in one semester if I had been better informed about the requirements.

Nickolas

It is a commuter school, so the school spirit isnt really there. If you live off campus, expect price gauged apartments for showy amenities. Living on campus is also expensive, but it is the only way to actually get the college experience. It is an average college with average academics.

This university is a wonderful place to live, where I feel many people can find themselves and learn how to thrive on their own. This school is a large commuter school, with very large engineering and computer science schools, and has a very welcoming vibe around it. The community is extremely welcoming and fun to be a part of, there is always something to do around campus. Extracurricular activities are abundant and there are many different choices for the vast amount of people who come to this school. The people at this school are very diverse, and every day you can meet someone new with wonderful stories and such interesting cultures. This school is very culturally diverse and welcoming, great for all types of people. Campus life is wonderful and the social life is too, everyone is friendly and kind to one-another and always happy to help a neighbor. I highly reccommend this university to all types of people.

I love the University of North Carolina at Charlotte! Even though I live at home, I spend a ton of time on campus! The campus is really nice, and it is always being improved! People say that UNCC stands for "Under new construction constantly", which is definitely true! I love spending time at the gym and in the library! There are lots of great resources!