University of North Carolina at Charlotte Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of North Carolina at Charlotte

UNC Charlotte is a very beautiful campus. That is what originally attracted me to this school. The party scene could be better, but we have many oppurtunities on and off campus here. We have many organizations, mostly good food, and amazing professors here.

Diego

Having been to the college campus only once, I think I got a pretty good look at what is happening there, and to be completely honest, I'm not ashamed of saying UNC Charlotte is my number one college choice; all the buildings look very well put, the campus, in general, is beautiful, being on a hill, you can see most of the campus if you stand on one of the buildings on the highest point, and the overall environment feels very welcoming.

Bailey

The on and off campus housing is very abundant but can be expensive. The campus food is also very abundant, but meal plan options are ridiculously expensive, so if you want to eat unhealthy, greasy fast food everyday on campus then you will love it. The campus facilities are extremely modern, and accommodating, and almost all facilities are wheelchair accessible. Certain class sizes are somewhat large, but UNCC does a great job of keeping class sizes low. There are plenty of awesome extracurricular activities available all of which are funded and maintained well. There are so many shops and services near UNCC, anything you can think of is just a mile or two away or even on campus. Academics are sometimes a struggle point for UNCC, it is definitely the area where the most improvement is needed. Most of the change needs to be with professors who can not teach, which is ironic because that is the biggest part of their job. My overall rating of UNC Charlotte is an 8/10.

Kaelyn

UNC Charlotte is my choice in my education due to the immense opportunities that UNC Charlotte can offer. UNC Charlotte combines an excellent educational opportunity with the experience of the city of Charlotte. I live in a small town in North Carolina where there are not many opportunities to grow not only as a student but as a human. UNCC allows me to see a more diverse world outside of my own while getting the best education that UNCC can provide me. Being raised in a small town, I learned to take the opportunities that are given to me and UNCC is that opportunity that I have been waiting for.

Brendan

I never excelled in High School but UNC Charlotte gave me an opportunity to attend. Being right next to one of the largest business cities in the country is a great opportunity for all sorts of majors. You are free to explore what you want to do and pursue it further. The flexibility is great.

Patrick

I honestly think its amazing place and they just keep adding on to it. it has a great community with all its groups and sports it looks beautiful. I wish the rooms were a little bit bigger but who doesn't but otherwise, it's an amazing place. when I saw them chemistry building I thought it was awesome, if a bit of a maze but the amount of undergrad and grad research that can be done was amazing!

Aida

It really is a great College. We learn a lot of great things and have amazing experiences. The professors are always available for us, they assist us in everything. Activities outside of classes are also very interesting, students always make sure that they classmates are comfortable in everything. I love this school.

Brianna

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a beautiful school with so many opportunities. I chose to attend this school because of what it had to offer after graduation. I know many people who find jobs through their internships and have a job waiting for them as soon as they graduate. The student body is also very encouraging, I have many friends at this school without being involved in Greek Life.

Alexandra

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a wonderful school. There is a great atmosphere surrounding the campus and there are plenty of activities near by. The academics are prioritized and people are caring. Students and staff are understanding and we have great school pride.

Dragonuva

It is a large world of its own with its own community and resources. It is easy to work and learn on campus all at the same time while actively participating in social gatherings and events. It is a well-rounded community with courses for just about everyone. In fact, it is the only school in the state with a major in Mechanical Engineering Technology!

Labreesha

Overall, my opinion of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte is positive. With several outlets and opportunities to receive help when struggling in classes or dealing with personal issues, the community is a supportive one for this university. Recently, the university had a school shooting, and unfortunate event that has changed the atmosphere of the university. No one thinks that their school is going to suffer a fate like this. And yet, the community of students, faculty, and staff pulled together to not only grieve, but become stronger as one. If anything, the respect for the university has grown, and while no school is perfect, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte can be considered a role model for how the community stands together in a time of suffering for everyone. Due to the recent turn of events, students rallied together to have a new building named after the student who was a hero and saved many lives that night. While the building will not be named after him, a scholarship, brought about from fundraising inside and outside of the school, will be named in his honor, once again proving how the university comes together. As for academics, my teachers this semester, for the most part, were helpful. They could often be reached, and were understanding of the tragic events. Prior to the tragic events, they displayed the same attitude and care, while wanting their students to succeed. While I will not name names, my computer science teacher was most memorable, as he actively sought out to help his students understand the curriculum, and used different ways to help students understand and use the materials learned. He won't be teaching the next class, but the advice he gave and teaching methods he used will help me to succeed in the next class going forward. The food, activities, and housing on and off campus are good, as students have access to several resources, and if help is needed, students have several outlets to turn too, whether for themselves or others. The class size was not overwhelming, and allowed for the opportunity to make friends, and connect with other students who might understand the material, or be struggling as I was on certain topics. All in all, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a great school, with a wonderful community, and while not perfect, the university is a place I am proud to attend. In the future, I hope other students will have similar experiences and be as proud as I am to attend the university.

Gabrielle

I love the constant feeling of home that UNC Charlotte brings me. That is one of the main reasons I chose to begin a new chapter of my life here. I also love the diversity that is noticeable in all aspects across campus. In every part of campus (classes, organizations, and in my dorm) I can be myself and express and share my ideas without the fear of being judged or criticized. Even on my bad days I just look around campus and smile because I am so grateful to be at UNC Charlotte. I love how the professors want to see their students thrive and become successful not only academically, but socially as well. When expressing my concerns to my professors they have helped me in every and anyway they can and I still cannot get over that. Everyday I fall more in love with UNC Charlotte and I cannot wait to see myself grow because of the love I have and also receive from the school as well.

Ricardo

I have yet to be accepted at UNCC. However, I feel this is still a great university to attend to. It offers several majors for many students, including myself. It especially offers Computer Science, a top major I want to pursue in, if I choose to go to UNCC. It is home to many televised and live sports games, has many recreational facilities, several opportunities for housing, cheaper tuition costs, and many clubs and events that are offered on campus for many students to enjoy.

Justyn

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an amazing academic and social university. One of the many reasons I love UNC Charlotte is because of the diversity there. When it come to diversity, I always feel accepted on campus despite my race and background.

Gabi

Overall I have enjoyed my experience at UNCC. I have lived on campus all four years. I am also a member of greek life. During my time in college my department has gone through a lot of turnover. Due to this turn over I have felt like a test dummy for almost all of my major classes. If I had to start college again I would not choose UNCC for my current major but I would choose it for the overall experience I have had outside of the classroom.

Monique

This college has inspired me to overcome obstacles. It has given me hope to succeed and to become a better me. I am grateful for the opportunity to be allowed to go the UNCC and will work hard and diligently to strive for excellence! I have overcome many hardships and will appreciate the opportunity to better myself.

UNC Charlotte is a wonderful place for formal education, no matter what your status is. Whether you're looking into the early college, a traditional undergraduate student, a graduate or doctoral student, a certificate student, or just someone who likes to take courses, this place is great and flexible for everybody.

China

My overall opinion of UNCC is that its a pretty nice university to attend. There is a lot of diversity and student activity that goes on throughout campus. The campus can be very lively throughout the semester, which includes food trucks, special events held by the school or student organizations or students to attend, and sporting events.

Lydia

I really love the school and there’s definitely lots to do, however, sometimes I wish there was a little more School Spirit. We tend to lack in this aspect throughout the school year but I think that if we tried harder, then we could definitely get better.

Trevor

It is a great school. Very diverse and the faculty and staff (housing, financial aid, etc) all want you to succeed and are willing to help as much as possible. They always have time for you. A couple of my professors have even replied to my email on Saturdays. Now that's commitment.

Abby

In my opinion, I think that UNC Charlotte would be somehow the best school for students to go to because I would go to this school after I graduate so I can get the money I need to apply for this school. I work hard to achieve my goals in freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior year in high school, no matter what age I am and get financial help that I can get for myself and get money for my family, too. We all come to school for great reasons: 1. Learn 2. Achieve 3. Succeed

WahSu

There's a lot of activities around schools, they make sure that people know about upcoming events so there's always something to do. The light rail, our version of a train/subway, opened last spring so going to downtown is a lot more accessible. Any transportation (buses and the light rail) is paid within your tuition so you don't have to pay for a ticket everytime you want to go somewhere. The academics are okay. The chemistry department is under review.

Shykale

UNCC is a good school but it has its problems. For instance, all of the difficult classes have horrible teachers to go with them, a lot of them don't teach well, they have office hours but they're very short and they'll usually tell you to go somewhere else for help. the teachers will test us on things that we haven't been taught, some are really disrespectful and some don't even know they're material well. I've even had to par for a study guide before, the food is also bad, the fruit is always dirty, the food mediocre and all of the ethnic food is a joke but they do have good days, the breakfast is pretty good, the food just gets boring. My main problem with my school is that they charge way too much for everything, its 400 dollars for a parking pass and they don't even have enough of parking spaces. Although there's lots of bad, the is also good, most of the people in the financial aid buildings are very helpful and considerate, there's also lots of connections that can be made.

I personally love UNC Charlotte. The campus is beautiful, and while I’ve stumbled a time or two during my academic career here, I still feel that everyone wants to see me succeed. Most professors clearly care about their students, and are available for support during, after, and outside of class. I also want to commend the University on its actions following our tragic events at the end of April. Their quick responses showed that they will do everything in their power to make sure students and those on campus are as safe as possible at all times. Go Niners!

Madelyne

Overall, I found this university to be a great place to grow academically and personally. Both the students and faculty, at least from my experience, were very warm. We had a lot of camaraderie, especially within our respective departments. No it was not the fanciest school - but for me it was the best; students were there to study, and faculty was there to teach. Hardworking, comfortable, open-minded, and friendly - that is how I would describe the school on a whole.

Dyamond

I love being a 49er!!! I started college at Winthrop University and I hated it. Becoming a 49er has changed my life! I transferred to the University of North Carolina Spring 2020 of my freshman year. There is so much more to do here on campus. At Winthrop I was miserable. Campus life her is everything. I can truly say I love my school!

Justin

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a big school but it wont make you feel like your are invisible. There are opportunities for everyone, from rec sports, to robotics clubs. That was what attracted me to UNC Charlotte and it is also why I feel it is the best university in the state. I had toured NC State and felt so small and like I was just another person spending good money to go there, but at UNC Charlotte I feel involved in everything! There is always something going on on campus and since it is that big school with a small school feel, everything is easy to get to. Everyone cares about everyone at UNC Charlotte, during the shooting I was on the bus right behind the building that it happened in but it gave me comfort to see that every one of my teachers and advisers were checking in on me personally, no group emails sent to the class, but individual messages across multiple platforms. The school gives me a sense of being a part of a family that no other school could give me and for that reason I do truly believe that UNC Charlotte is the best school in the state.

Ki'Ana

The college is beautiful and it houses many beautiful people who are looking to progress in their educational studies. The university is a large campus with various groups and organizations for the students to enjoy. The dorms are spacious, and they also have several floors with student accomodations such as kitchens, study rooms, and game rooms.

Jacob

Welcome to UNCC, home of the Charlotte forty-niners. Come catch a game at the SAC or just grab some bojangles, UNCC has a food for everyone with two dining halls and three food courts UNCC has the meal for you. Also the dorms are amazing most dorm styles come with their individual bedrooms and a bath that is shared with only four people it is amazing. Overall UNCC is a great school with great perks. Go NINERS!!

Trelon

Welcome to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Here’s some things you need to know about this institution: Tuition: At UNCC, tuition is standard for the now, largest undergraduate population in the state of North Carolina. Be prepared to cough up a total of around 100k without financial aid. Luckily, UNCC has a scholarship portal available that connects you to any and all scholarships that are available based on your major(s) of interest. Moreover, there are payment plans available to help make the task of paying for college more affordable. In totality: applying for scholarships, applying for FAFSA, utilizing payment plans, and possibly acquiring a part-time job, will help you to afford UNCC. Tuition is not absurd, rather standard for a public university. Extracurricular Activities: There are a TON of extracurricular activities at this college; options literally range from the fencing club to the napping club to Model United Nations and everything in between. There are over 400 organizations to choose from, and if your ideal club is not present, it is not difficult to create your own. In addition to this, the city of Charlotte is incredibly close and there are a plethora of things to do Uptown. Community Involvement: Within the organizations and in conglomeration with how close in proximity the university is to the city, many clubs are associated with various community outreach programs. Also, within the international relations department (and many more), there are an innumerable amount of ways to be involved, accessible by anyone. Professors and Academic Rigor: As it is with most colleges, academics are incredibly challenging. Personally, my professors have always been passionate about their craft making classes much more interesting and interactive. Be ready to up your reading and studying time, some classes require enormous amounts of pre-lecture readings. Remember, this is not high school anymore; college is difficult. UNCC offers free tutoring services. Use them! They will be incredibly useful as you encounter difficulties in classes that have abstract, or more challenging concepts. Utilize office hours, and get to know your professors. It will make life much easier. Food: Perhaps one of the only negatives of this campus, the QUALITY of the food at UNCC is not ideal. There are also a limited number of healthy options available for people that want to establish a balanced diet, meaning that the local stores will be your best bet making life more expensive. However whilst the food is not ideal, the availability of the dining halls and fast food restaurants are. Living: What the university lacks in food, it makes up for in living options. Of the multitude of places to live on and off-campus, both are diverse and more than adequate in their array. On-campus living is well worth the price, and each are tailored to specific locations across campus. Overall Atmosphere: In general, UNCC is a great school. The campus is beautiful, and once construction is finished, will be even more so. People are generally friendly and willing to help with anything. This school is not a party school either, most are concerned with independent academics. As large as the campus is, it only takes around ten minutes to walk from one side of campus to another. There are also buses, a light rail system, and transit systems designed to ease walking. I rate UNCC a solid four stars out of five, with the best of the school being: living, extracurriculars, and community involvement. The lowest being food.

Madison

I have attended UNCC for almost two years now and have truly enjoyed every minute! I live on campus and absolutely love it! Everyone who works here is super nice and tries to get to know the students. The professors are always available, either in their office hours or by email. We could improve on sports, but we have only had our football team for a few years, so it will definitely continue to grow! I have found some real friends and a great academics all in one place!

Ollie

Overall the school is fine. The campus is pretty and they’re always adding something new. On campus housing is absolutely abysmal and the RAs are the worst.