University of North Carolina at Greensboro Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

There isn't a specific stereotype for the students at UNCG. There are conservative, liberal, frat boy, artistic, poor, wealthy, etc. It is impossible to brand everyone into a specific stereotype.

It is not really a place dominated by a stereotype. Very diverse student body, ethnically, religiously, socio-economically. . . every obscure interest I could have imagined was represented, as well as several that had never occurred to me. . .

Depends a lot on the major really Music majors are kinda cliquey and love ska. They are really intense about music and kind of music snobs, but it's to be expected when you're that good at an instrument. I know a lot of them and they're pretty nice. Nursing majors are intense, same with education or business. There are a lot of women here. Kids in the Mary Faust college are weird.

none that i have heard

Parker

UNCG is sometimes called UNCGay because of its open acceptance to all types of students.

It is artsy

Suitcase school, the G stands for Gay not Greensboro, most people smoke

One stereotype is that UNCG is a commuter school, and that there is nothing to do on the weekends. UNCG is also seen as a university without much school spirit.

Hunter

Lots of frats and Sororities. Wierd people.

Large gay population, soccer jocks, artsy

they are gay

Most of the guys are gay, everyone else is already in a relationship.

That we are apathetic. Have no school spirit. Are very liberal. Have a good education program.

That it is a school of homosexuals.

Stereotypes include that there are a lot of girls and that there are a lot of gay people.

Alot of the surrounding communities that know of UNCG have a tendency to assume the majority of the student body is split into hippies, gays/lesbians, or students who got into UNCG bc it was "easy".

Ainsley

most famous are: UNC-Gay and UNC-Ghetto....also, many people seem to think that UNCG is full of completely illiterate and, for the lack of a better word, stupid people. uncg is the "easy school" or "cheap school"

That this school is a "preppy, white" school.

Hillary

Most people call our school UNC Gay.

Bruce

that if you are black, you auotmaticly go to NC A&T. Students here are uptight.

Diane

Some people say that UNCG is not a very diverse university.

emily

"suitcase" campus

I don't really know of any stereotypes that deal with UNCG.

Court

too many girls to boys, too much greek, a lot of gays

Billi

not many except for the fact that they are from north carolina and surrounding states

Terry

They all are gay.

Tim

half go home on the weekends, the other half hit the clubs downtown hard. music majors are by far the weirdest kids alive.

UNCG is a suitcase school and is pretty easy to get in to.

The stereotype about UNCG students is that we are less important, less intelligent than the other big name schools in North Carolina, including UNC Chapel Hill and Duke.