University of North Carolina at Pembroke Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of North Carolina at Pembroke

KeiAna

I really like it there. I was scared to attend collge, but UNCp made me feel welcomed right away. Even with covid, they did everything they could to make the move as easy as possible. Teacher's are always there for you. Grades seem to be fair so far. I like the overall feel on campus. I'm proud to tell others I go to UNCP.

David

I enjoy the North Carolina University of Pembroke. This is my first semester at this school. So far this school is pretty no-nonsense, but I’m also starting to experience some flexibility, which has been a bit of a godsend if I am being honest. I have a full course load, completely online. I enrolled late and didn’t have a lot of time to pick classes, so I just kind of rolled with whatever was available at the time. At first, it was a really hard learning curb trying to figure out the methods and where the information I needed was, but I found the right people to talk to and I figured everything out. The professors and the other students have been really fair and understanding to me. I don’t feel like the best student, but I don’t feel like the worst. I can honestly say that I’m going above and beyond for myself, and I don’t feel like I’m being left behind. The classes are not simple. It’s real college classes with real challenges. I’m starting to enjoy online learning and the University of North Carolina Pembroke is the first school that ever made me feel like I could enjoy online learning. Once you get used to it, the Canvas platform becomes intuitive. It’s really just a matter of being pragmatic and finding the answers. Once you are in, you have the key. If one is able to develop a good method and mindset at the University of North Carolina Pembroke, then they most definitely have the ability to succeed.

Adriann

Overall UNCP is a great school, from the size of the classrooms to the everyday campus life. The people at Pembroke University really care and make time for every student. The only thing you might question at UNCP is the food because they don't really switch it up a lot.

Leticia

I really love it honestly. The people there for the most part are all nice and friendly. It makes me feel like I'm at home even though I'm two hours away from home. It's like everyone there happens to end up having a little family, which for me it was pretty simple. I got the lucky chance to be a part of the women's soccer team which makes UNCP an even better school.

Alexis

UNCP is a great place to be. It is in a small rural town but we have the most diverse campus in the UNC system. We are also the safest. Everyone is helpful and friendly. The campus is clean and pretty. Everyone from the staff and faculty to the students is approachable and willing to help with anything. The academics at UNCP are comparable to bigger state schools like NC State.

Adonis

It's a very friendly & open environment, there's not a lot of things on campus to do vs UNC, ECU, and other colleges. UNCP puts education first and truly wants students to succeed, not just while learning in the classroom but to do bigger & better things after graduating.

Joseph

UNCP is a very respected school. I have enjoyed my experience so far going to the school. Their School of business is AACSB accredited which few schools in the world have. The professors go above and beyond to help the students when it comes to their studies. There are select teachers who are unbearable but all universities have those individual. I love that the class sizes are small. It gives me the opportunity to get to know my professor who will help me outside of the classroom. I previously had professors go above and beyond to help me attain an internship over the summer. That says a lot for the school. I would recommend the school to anyone looking for a college to attend. The school is also one of the most affordable universities in the U.S. so that takes a huge stress off the students shoulders.

Chima

I do not regret going to UNCP. I received a quality education for thousands less than many other schools. My only complaint is the city of Pembroke itself. UNCP is a large campus placed in a tiny town. I majored in music, and I can honestly say that some of the music faculty belong at Julliard! I have never met music instructors that are on the caliber of some of the UNCP music faculty.

Paige

I think overall UNCP is a great environment for any student. It's not too big that you never see familiar faces but it's also not too small so that everyone knows everyone. Also, the faculty will work to their best ability to provide whatever extra help you need for classes.

DIANA

UNC- Pembroke is a great school to be in, its all in how you make of it. Depending if you are into big schools than perhaps this school is not for you, because you would rather have more stores to shop near by. However, the smaller the school is, the more faculty workers seem to work better with you one on one, it would seem more "homie."

I love it at Pembroke! It's a small campus compared to lots of the UNC system schools which means if you want big college educational feel plus a small school feel, this is the way to go. We have a beautiful campus and really nice residence halls. The fact it is so small, I've never felt unsafe. You always see people you know and recognize. Makes it easier to make friends. Only reason I gave it 4/5 stars is the location of the school. You have a drive to Fayetteville or Lumberton maybe if you want to go shopping or do fun activities. Also, I wish we had more dining opportunities on campus. Overall, I love my school and can't imagine being anywhere else.

Saoirsegrainne

I believe that this school is better suited for people who enjoy a smaller campus with very friendly people. Walking to and from buildings for classes is no hassle, but if you get lost you can ask anyone around you for directions and they will help you. Many students and teachers are very respectful on this campus! The campus also likes to involve everyone in their school activities. You also have the best online communication as well; teachers, faculty and staff, even students are incredibly responsive. I would recommend this school for anyone! This school is also very affordable and offers many scholarship rewards too!

Bianca

Overall, the University of North Carolina at Pembroke is a great school if you like a small, rural type of school. There's not much to do around the campus, but the campus itself is absolutely breathtaking with vibrant colors; especially during the spring!

Chloe

It is home so it isn't very exciting to be around her. They need to expand more.

James

I visited the campus of UNC Pembroke back on February 11th. I loved the overall atmosphere that took place, along with the overall cost of attendance. the programs they hold are also impressive, including the LLC leadership program. in conclusion, I'm actually going to attend the campus this fall, and I know that this year will be the greatest so far! GO BRAVES!

Emani

Pembroke is a simplistic place to attend school as well as very affordable. They are getting better at having special events for students to get to know each other. Even though most of the stores and things are in walking distance you probably still want to have a car to visit Wal-Mart. It is also like less than two hours away from the beach. Which is really cool.

Marissa

UNCP is an amazing place that I think is a complete hidden gem. We're a small school, and all of my professors know me by name. My professors are always available, and they are all dedicated and ready to help with anything I need. I love it here, and I wish more people could see what I see.

Michaela

It's wonderful, community oriented, friendly, with small class sizes. All my professors have known me by name and still speak to me till this day. I love UNCP because I am not just a student, I am person, a family member, and intelligence is around every corner. I learn something new everyday, as well as new faces everyday.

Corey

UNCP is a decent college that prompts the usual campus life without too many problems on-campus. The college constantly alerts the UNCP member's email for any emergencies, events, and educational information to give the UNCP members the most current knowledge for safety and learning. So long as you pay attention, do your work as a student, and try not to get crippled by debt and loans like all colleges you'll be fine.

Kayleigh

I have enjoyed my time at the college. They really want their students engaged all around. Rather its classes or in extracurricular activities , like clubs, and seminars; every thing for someone is offered according to their interests. They also offer great scholarship opportunities.

Eric

At first, I was a little concerned with coming here but then I got here, but now I am really enjoying my time here. It is a really good campus with a family atmosphere. The professors are nice and willing to help you whenever you need it, and they are also very willing to work with you.

The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is affordable and diverse. The environment is very friendly. I’ve never felt unsafe walking around at any hour. If you like small classes with professors who actually care and offer plenty of assistance then UNCP is a good fit. It’s very easy to focus on your academics here will having the opportunity for fun. There’s always some sort of event going on. Dining is up to par, they have a pretty good selection in their buffet style cafe. There’s also Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, Papa Johns and more on campus and well as places to eat off campus. Education may be their best feature but the campus is still beautiful. You could probably walk across the campus is about 10-15 mins. UNCP is located in a small town that’s mostly farmland but if you have a car, you'll be fine.

Alexxus

Pembroke is the perfect fit for me. It's a small school so the class size is small and you van better get to know your professor, get help, go to office hours etc. They're always willing to help you. Everyone here is so nice and helpful which really helps with being away from home on your own. You can literally just walk up to anyone and make a new friend. Pembroke is overall a great school and I would recommend it.

Brianna

It's a great school to go to for undergrad. The class sizes are relatively small and the teachers, some of them, are willing to assist you in anything you need. The campus food is okay, and there aren't many places to eat or shop around here, but the people are friendly and so are the faculty.

the University of North Carolina at Pembroke is a great school to help you take the next step to further your education after High School. UNCP is a smaller school but is one of the most diverse University's in the Country. You are able to experience many different cultures while in the class room, athletics, housing and through the many friendships you attain while here attending UNCP. The Professors on campus will work with you and care about your education, they will help you succeed in your college career. I don't regret my choice of attending UNCP

Daryus

The University of Pembroke is a good school in general. I enjoyed the comfortable campus size and design. It’s most attractive feature is the dorm rooms design. They’re designed in a way that they’re 3 separate rooms inside one room with a lobby area connecting them.

I Love UNC-Pembroke. The only problem I had was I am in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program and it is not worth it. I regret choosing the program because the Professors don't take the time to teach you and give you huge assignments. When you ask for help you get rejecting and have to leann your peers who also are confused. I would rather go to ECU (Which is very competitive) and have to work really hard to get a worthwhile degree. Rather than coming here and hating life and never having one. Other than that I love the School itself and the people and food.

Katy

UNCP is a extraordinary institution that is great for students looking for that "small-town" feel. There may not be much to do outside of campus, but because of the quaint campus, you will always see a familiar face as you walk to class, the library, or the cafeteria. The best part about the campus is the class size. I have yet to be in a class with more than 40 students which allows for more one on one time with the professors and a better learning environment for the students to engage together.

Allexx

University of North Carolina at Pembroke is a very nice place where i never have a problem finding something out, asking questions, or finding friends. The school allows you to be who you want how you want to. The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is a great place to learn and be who you are.

Saba

Overall, the University of North Carolina at Pembroke is a great institution to obtain a college education. As for the college experience, if you are into a small town with not that many outside places to go, then it should be fine. The classes are small-sized and your professors are there to help you.

capricia

UNCP overall is a good college for any student that's looking to feel at home. Uncp is a small campus which is good when it comes to class sizes, meaning you have more interaction with the professors and all of the staff. The office of admissions and finical aid play an important role when it comes to making sure every student is assisted and fully aware and understand their charges and fees. The on-living part of campus is very nice and cozy just like if you were home. The UNCP alumni making a difference every day when it comes to helping us the students that are on campus. Whether in person or via social media. Most importantly the students here make a difference when it comes to helping and being the real definition of a friend. From good study support groups to sororities and fraternities to good religious support services.

Diamond

Pembroke is what you make of it , it’s not a big school, but if you go out on campus and get involved you can see that there is a lot for a person to do in the community. Students have to make there experience what they want it to be and not base it off of what others had said about their experience.

deyjamee

my overall opinion is that its a very great school. While visiting I met lots of new people and they were very caring. Ive even see some of them visiting my home town and they remembered me approached me and asked for my number. the atmosphere makes you feel like you are at home.

Jasmine

UNCP offers a beautiful campus and smaller classes. I think it is a great place to learn. It is well-known for its Social Work program and diversity. As an alumna, I greatly appreciated all of what UNC Pembroke has to offer. The campus has expanded, and there are more eating places directly on campus compared to when I attended.

Camry

I could not attend a better university. The campus is so diverse and everyone is so helping and welcoming. Class sizes are the perfect size for students to get individual help if needed. Professors offer in class help, as well as office hours to offer extra help if needed.

Zharia

If you want to be known by your name and NOT a number, University of North Carolina at Pembroke is the place for you. Pembroke is a very homey place for in and out of state students. It is also very diverse.Pembroke’s student to teacher ratio is 16 to 1. There are numerous resources on campus for students. Pembroke helps students in ALL categories: job opportunities, housing, money opportunities, tutoring, centers to help with assignments, food banks, and many more things. They also have a 90% graduation rate and their students are employed in their desired career within 12 months. Pembroke is an amazing university and very cost-effective.

Stephen

I love it because it's the college my tribe built. I have grown much since attending in 2015 and I have excelled at various points in my educational pursuits. I have learned programming with more of a hands-on approach with my professor.

Casey

UNCP is like a big family. We all know each other and work together to each reach our goals. The teachers are very communitive and are always there to help. While the work is hard you know you are learning exactly what you need to be in order to fulfill your goals in your career. You will not leave UNCP without a thurough knowledge of your career. The teachers are very friendly and want nothing more than for you to succeed.

Tia

UNCP is a great school with smaller class sizes (around 25-15 students per class). There are various opportunities to become apart of organizations and groups on campus and off. Almost all professors want to see you succeed and are willing to help you with any problems.

NaLa

My overall opinion of the University of North Carolina at Pembroke is welcoming. During Freshman Orientation, my family and I had a lot of questions prepared and ready to ask. However, the university staff had anticipated our questions and set up well informed seminars. That went along way towards easing our concerns.

Shatara

The University of North Carolina at Pembroke , is a great school for someone who is striving for a degree in Music. Our school is known for its band: The spirit of the Carolinas, and our Music Department. Overall Pembroke for me is a great school if you are trying to get a degree, and graduate. If you are from a big city such as Charlotte NC and deciding on whether to come to Pembroke, you might not enjoy it as much. This school is very small and it doesn't have a lot of entertainment around the area. If you would like to go out and have fun you would have to go to the nearest city (Fayetteville NC) which is roughly 35 to 45 minutes away. There are some dorms that are very nice and some which aren't as nice because of their old age. My freshman and sophmore year I was lucky to get a nice dorm. I'm currently a junior and the apartments are very nice as well. The Financial Aid Departmentt at UNCP isn't helpful at all. If you need anything you need to stay on top of them or it will not get done. The class sizes are relatively small which is a good thing. You will be able to have more one on one contact with professors which are there to help. UNCP has a fair share of great Professors and some not so good but a lot of them do care about their students and making sure they get the education that they are paying for. Overall I give this school a 3.5. It's not a bad school at all, you just have to remain focus and hang with the right groups of people and you will have a wonderful time!

Jasmine

The school is pretty nice it's just the food there needs improvement more then ever. They need to fix the gravel parking lot behind pine hall and just be more understanding that this is college and they don't have to be in other people's business. But great professors

Kendra

My overall opinion is UNCP is a school if you want to learn and want to stand out. Since it is a smaller school you can shine more here, but it depends at what you are wanting to do. Not much in this small town to do and not really much to do on campus. It is really a school for learning. The food is ok but more choices would be greatly appreciated.

Rashard

it is a pretty decent school. One of the cheapest schools while still receiving an education i'm not afraid of to put on a resume. There is not much around town to do, which helps me focus more on my school work. However, this also hinders internship options.

Chandra

This University of North Carolina at Pembroke is the place to be! If you're an incoming freshman or transferring from another college, UNCP is a great choice. It's one of the most ethnically diverse campuses in North Carolina. Since it's in the middle if the small town Pembroke, it's not that big of a campus. Almost everyone on campus, students or non-students, are friendly.

Savannah

It’s an okay school. If you like a big party scene and a lot of Greek life it’s probably not for you. There is no shopping near by you have to drive about an hour, but there are a few places to eat near by. They have all the sports, so you can still get a good tailgate in. Some of the teachers are questionable but other than that the academics are pretty good. It’s just a small school there is nothing really wrong with it.

Unique

Attending the University of North Carolina at Pembroke was the best four year experience I could have ever had. The school environment was like home away from home. It was not a party school, even though we partied, but it was definitely more of a chill environment. I loved it because I met my four bestfriends there and because of the school's environment, it encouraged me to participate in on and off campus events that I did not do in high school.

Sanea

I love it. I want to attend UNCP so bad!! They’re so sweet and nice . Their professors actually care about them. Everything is kind of close together. It’s just a great environment, it’s a really good college. Their housing is really nice.. if I’m able to attend there and hopefully I get accepted I will definitely participate in majorette dancing for the bad or cheerleading.

Markalya

I have just started classes but at this time I am pleased with the school. The class sizes are some and everyone inclusive of the professors are personable and approachable. The food options are good and meets the needs of the students. then campus us small and there are always campus police around.

Tiffany

I like the size of the school, because it is small and the professors can get to know you. The food is pretty good. Most people are very friendly. Thee campus is very clean and most places are walkable. I made a lot of new friends. I have learned a lot about the kind of person I am from living here in Pembroke. I think if you come here, you will break out of your shell and find out some things about yourself that you didn't know about before.