Wilmington, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of North Carolina Wilmington

Adam

Academia is most important. However, the comfort of living and social interaction among peers is a very close second. Without these things, the student will likely become overwhelmed and will ultimately perform more poorly. I know you've heard this a million times, but I hope that hearing it one more will make some sort of a difference.

To be honest, there is a very strong liberal vibe that I get from the school, which in itself is not so bad, but it seems that it is not such a stereotype that hippie liberal dudes smoke a lot of pot. Not saying its just them... but mostly!

I brag about being able to go to the beach whenever I want. I brag about the laid back nature of the school and its students.

Eric

UNC Wilmington is a great school, through and through; there could be much more said about it, but honestly I've found nothing but positive things to say about it, and making a long list of reasons would be ludicrous.

When considering my choices in classmates, there is an interest comparisan that can be drawn between what I believe and what I'm going to tell you; the point is, that I find them to be engaging and thought provoking individuals that have helped me to grow both academically and psychologically.

When it comes to finding what kind of college best suits what you think you're looking for after finishing high school, there isn't much that can be said that you probably haven't already thought of. What is important, however, is to figure out what exactly you want to do with the rest of your life. Make sure that college is what you're really looking for in the next phase of your life, and then work in a practical manner from there. If you only plan to go to school for a few years, then I would suggest finding a public undergraduate school (in your state, to save on money) and then decide on the school based on what direction you want your professional life to lean towards; doing a lot of thinking about it before applying is far more important than most advisors will tell you, and it lets you choose a school that you know may have a particularly strong program in whatever you want to focus on. After that, take the time to tour the campus and make sure that you like it, and... well, it's all your decision from there. Good hunting!

My advice to students is to pick the college they want to go to by the actual services and academics they offer. Never pick a school because that's where your best friend is going - you will not be happy there. Although parents should be involved in their child's university choice, they should allow the student to really pick the school they love. Parents should not push a certain school on their child. In order to make the most of your college experience, get involved on campus and in academic programs where you will gain the most from your experience there. I never got involved on campus and am regretting it now that I am almost graduating. You can meet many friends in the dorms and in other on campus activities.

Absolutely nothing! Compared to UNCC (where I attended for two years), this university has way more activities and facilities to offer.

Maria

Finding the right college for you is very important because it reflects on the experience that you will receive. Making the most of your college experience is also important because your future depends on it. Not choosing carefully where to attend and how much time you put into the whole thing can affect you later on. College is where you have to do things that suits your needs with the help of others. The final decision is always place upon you because you are the one going through the whole thing.

Danielle

Finding the right college is all about matching the school to your personality. I have a twin sister who goes to ECU. She loves her school and I love my school, but we both hate the other person's school. We have different personalities and lifestyles. Any school can be a party school, so that's not what i'm saying. I'm comfortable with our smaller (but not too small) campus and I love the town and the beach. The town has a lot of options for eating and shopping; my sister's town seems boring to me. Obviously the school must have something to do with your chosen career path, but when I first chose my school I did not know what my major would be yet. I chose my school because I visited and fell in love with the campus. The student will know which campus fits their personality best. They just need to visit different campuses to find out.

Someone who is used to a big city would think it was small. Someone very shy might think it was too big.

I always brag about the campus. It's the first thing that attracted me to this school. It's so beautiful. The buildings, town, beach, and other parts of campus are beautiful. It's not too closed in but not too big as well.

University of North Carolina Wilmington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.