University of North Carolina Wilmington Top Questions

Alura

My school has a community vibe to it. We all seem to get along, no matter how different we are from one another. The feeling of unity when it comes to the pride of our school is such a pleasant experience that I reccommend everyone to come here. I've seen people fall off their bikes or skateboards and suddenly several people are crowded around those individuals, checking to see if they are alright. That is an anomaly from the present day college society and I'm proud to see it at my school.

Tyler

Being close to the beach.

Cassidy

I brag about the proximity to the beach and the stong community connection that the school is striving to build, even though it is only 66 years old.

Nicolette

Coming from a Community College the difference is very obvious. The one thing I brag about most about my school now is that my peers are on a completely different intellectual level now. They are always eager to learn and better themselves.

Coral

I love the community feel to UNCW. The school is extremely focused on making students feel welcome and it offers a wide range of courses for everyone.

Jeremy

It's five miles from the beach. It's got small programs with great instructor access. It's got six months of summer.

Kieran

A lot of hot girls and the beach close by that allows you to see them.

Valerie

It is close to the beach. The campus is beautiful. The recreation center is really nice and offers aerobics classes. My professors have been very interesting which allows me to really grasp the material. when you like your professors, you learn better.

Hannah

Of course, the first thing people think about when they hear UNC Wilmington is the location. It is awesome being five minutes down the road from the beach! The campus is gorgeous! It is always clean and there are lots of trees and flowers everywhere. The campus is relatively small so you don't have to walk far. The classes are small which makes it a great learning environment. The teachers are amazing, and they will answer any questions you have at any time. You learn so much and have fun in the process!

we go to school in beautiful weather, 5 minutes from the beach and i have met my best friends here.

Kristen

That I got to live ON the beach while attending- my front yard was the sand!

Justin

The University of North Carolina at Wilmington has a beautiful campus with a diverse, friendly, and energetic student body. The campus is very close to gorgeous Wrightsville Beach and the historic downtown Wilmington. The town itself makes for the best college experience as there are many extra curricular things to get involved in.

Lindsay

UNCW has amazing professors! I've been to two other institutions, and this school definitely has the best! They are very passionate about what they are teaching, and are very caring towards the students. I also love that the university is so close to the beach!

Lee

close to beach, great surf, lots of parties, awsome teachers, great time

Close to the beach, fun, exciting, friendly, beautiful campus, although the school spirit could stand for a bit of an increase.

Brooks

We are only 15 minutes from the front door to being in the ocean. We can surf year-round.

Lucas

SCIENCE! Downtown Wilmington, the beach, how beautiful our campus is, our on campus nature preserve.

Heather

When telling my friends about UNCW, I brag mostly about the wonderful weather and proximity to the beach. UNCW has a perfect location because Wilmington, NC is a small city, so everything one needs is easily accessible. The student body is also very friendly and easy to get along with and the size of the school is just right for me.

Eve

I live five miles from the beach. And I love to tell them how much sunshine we get. It is just a different way of life in the South. We are very friendly and welcoming.

Adam

I brag about being able to go to the beach whenever I want. I brag about the laid back nature of the school and its students.

Danielle

I always brag about the campus. It's the first thing that attracted me to this school. It's so beautiful. The buildings, town, beach, and other parts of campus are beautiful. It's not too closed in but not too big as well.