University of North Carolina Wilmington

« See more reviews of University of North Carolina Wilmington

The best person to attend the University of North Carolina at Wilmington is someone who really is a go-getter. Most of the students on campus are a part of an organization, sorority, or club. If you can find a group to relate with, then your college experience here will be like any other! You, also, have to be confident. A person who knows what they want and goes after it, and has the confidence to back that up, will absolutely blossom here. You really could not have a better fit!

The kind of person that should attend UNC Wilmington has to be motivated and hard working. You cannot be easily distracted. You have to be completely focused on your studies. Having fun is not a bad thing, but everything in life has to be balanced. Some students at UNCW make the mistake of having too much fun and forget about their studies. In order to be successful, it is important that you have self-control and that you create boundaries for yourself.

I think that anybody who is laid back and likes the beach would definitely like this school. I would recommend this school for anyone pursuing a degree for nursing (there is a new nursing building under construction!), film, marine biology, and possibly business. I would not recommend this school for anybody out-of-state if you are not looking for a degree in any of these areas though, as there isn't financial aid available to out-of-state students.

UNCW is a school for those that can be successful and thrive in a large learning community. People that have goals and dreams that reach beyond the boarders of a small town and even this country would find this university to be a dream school. Students that enjoy meeting new people on a daily basis and contributing to their education and community by taking part in mutiple events on and off campus would enjoy studying here.

The kind of person that should attend is someone that is ready and willing to learn and make the effort to do all that is asked of them. The would help faclitate a great learning environment or eveyone. They should also have good self discipline and time managment because being 10 minutes from the beach can be very distracting. They should know that they need to do their school work first and go to the beach second!

This school is in very close proximity to Wrightsville Beach. Many of the students, myself included would describe ourselves as beach hippies. The feeling on campus is much more relaxed than on a normal college campus. The school spirit is not at the same level as say East Carolina's or Chapel Hill's would be. The students are very friendly and nice and we all love living by the beach.

A person who likes to party, might be considering joining a sorority or fraternity, and is considering a major in business, communication studies, or film studies. A person who is used to an environment that is not very diverse. A person who may come from a wealthy, conservative background. This kind of person will really enjoy UNCW. Most students who attend UNCW really enjoy it.

This school is not as ethnically diverse as other schools. Most of the students are caucasion, so someone that is not caucasion would have to be okay with the little diversity that this school has. Also, because this school has a great social environment, but is also very academically established, the student would need to know how to balance his or her academics and social life.

A person who is laid back but cares about getting good grades. People here have a positive attitude and have a lot of fun, but you need to know when to step back to concentrate on academics. If you love warn beach weather and the air of Southern hospitality, this is the place for you!

Anyone who enjoys having fun, hanging out with close groups of friends, enjoys being involved on campus, and open to try new things will fit in well here. Also, if you're a big fan of the beach and related activities (surfing, fishing, kayaking, etc.) this is the place for you.