University of North Carolina Wilmington

« See more reviews of University of North Carolina Wilmington

Go to the college you truly believe will make you the happiest. You will be spending four years at this place. Choose wisely. Have an open mind when you get to college. It will help you get to most out of your college career. Get involved in all sorts of activities. It will not only allow you meet to lifelong but it will also shed light on new interests you never stumbled upon before. As far as academics are concerned, go to class. Seriously. That's the best advice I can give to you. Don't stress too much. You're going to be fine.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, my first advice would be to not procrastinate and to apply for as many scholarships an grants; whether I felt like doing them or not! The second advise I'd give is to take as many oppurtunities that you can because they look good on your college transcript and can also shape you into a greater person than you are now! My last advise would be to be careful of the friends you choose to be around with. Know that they are not worth wasting your time when you could be doing school work!

One of the most important things is to visit the school before making your final decission. Also look at the academic programs and how they compare to the academic areas you are interested in. A student's college expierence is much more than the time they spend in a class room, so it is important to find a place where you feel comfortable. These factors can be in the size of the surrounding city, if the campus is self-sufficient, what school spirt is like, and what the student life is both during the week and on weekends.

Because I went to school outside of my hometown, I was taken out of my comfort zone. I was away from my friends, family, and everything that I was comfortable with. I was not able to depend on anything that I had previously relied on, so I grew alot as an individual. I have also become much more excited about my education. I have loved almost every class I have taken at UNCW. I am interested in the assigned material and I am easily engaged in the lectures, so my education is becoming even more important to me.

Relax. Don't stress about doing everything perfectly. As time goes on, what you want to do with your life will hit you. Everything that is going to happen will be for a reason. You're going to meet amazing people, and you have to let some of the old ones go. Being shy and selfconcious is not an option! Go out there and do absolutely everything you have the abilitiy to do. Never regret any mistakes you're going to make, just learn from them. Also, be sure to get that room and board application in on time.

My advice would be to visit many colleges and research the student teacher ratio. The smaller classrooms give a greater advantage at learning and more teacher/student interaction. It is also important to research the requirements for the major you intend to pursue. While in college, work hard because in the long run, it will all pay off. Enjoy the opportunites to meet new friends and travel when possible. And above all, have fun and discover yourself as you become an adult and enter the real world.

Finding the right college for you is very important because it reflects on the experience that you will receive. Making the most of your college experience is also important because your future depends on it. Not choosing carefully where to attend and how much time you put into the whole thing can affect you later on. College is where you have to do things that suits your needs with the help of others. The final decision is always place upon you because you are the one going through the whole thing.

I feel that one of the most important things you can do for your student is to make sure it is a place you love to be at visually, a key aspect to learning is to make sure that you are happy where you are. Also if you ae fortunate enough to know what you would like to study, make sure that you look thrugh speific courses offered by the school and make sure thay apply to what you want to do, that you are interested in them, and that you are passionate about them.

I realized that I love to learn, not the studying but the learning part is a blast. I am a business major and the business classes are the best. I feel like I am parpared to go into the real world and become a business man. Book knowledge doesn't prepare you for the real world but most of the business classes have been hands on and that is very important to me. I would hope that everyone that wants to go to college would find a way to do so.

Find your interests and see which college has the best program for you to explore those interests. Also look for a place that you really enjoy the scenery and surroundings. When you're in college go to class. That's the most important piece of advice I can ever give because if you don't go and you miss just one lesson chances are you're not going to get caught back up on that specific subject because you missed the professors explanation.