University of North Carolina Wilmington

« See more reviews of University of North Carolina Wilmington

The most frustrating thing about my school is how easy it is to be distracted. I suppose this really depends on the type of person you are, but I, myself, am an easily distracted person and I have a horrible tendency of procrastinating. As the University of North Carolina at Wilmington is located at the beach, it becomes easy to skip class on nice days and head out for some fun in the sun. Overall, UNC-Wilmington is a fantastic school. You just have to be strong enough to avoid distraction and procrastination.

I think the worst thing about this school is when courses of study change while in the middle of earning your degree. It does not commonly occur but when it does, sometimes it can take you a little longer because you are having to re-do some classes. They get changed for the better but if you're caught in the middle it is rather challenging. And having to use Blackboard for everything and having it not work for you half the time.

The most frustrating thing about UNCW are tests. Here it seem you do not have a test for each chapter that is covered or just a few chapters ... tests here seem to cover 6-8 chapters at a time and you have a mid-term and a final. This is frustrating because you don't have quizzes or other tests to help out your overall grade. Most classes your grade is just determined by the mid-term and the final.

The most frustrating thing about my university is the fact that there are a lot of students on campus with different varieties of how they would like to get to their classes on such small sidewalks. Whether it is walking, skateboarding, biking, or rollerblading, these three ways of commuting to class, makes it had for us to get to class without getting hit or run over!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the disparity of effort put forth by the professors. Some are very engaged and passionate about their teaching, but others do not share this same vitally. To say that some of the professors are boring would be an understatement. It is always a good thing to know the professor's personality before enrolling in a class.

The most frustrating thing about UNCW is the parking. There never seem to be enough spaces in the parking lots and there is really no over-flow anywhere. Parking tickets are readily given out to students and visitors. There are a few places for visitors to park, but they really aren't anywhere convenient and require a lot of walking to get to a certain area.

As an off campus student in my freshman year it is frustrating and dificult to get more connected in my school. Although we're a relatively small public school (10,500 undergraduate students) it is still hard to just "jump in" and find friends. Once you branch out and go to club meetings for a few times people are incredibly hospitable though!

One of the most frustrating things about The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is the lack of diversity in the on campus school activites. I would like to see a wider variety of choices to choose from so that more students will be inclined to participate with on-campus activities and help the develpment of UNCW's student body.

Parking. A parking pass costs 220 and you are only allowed to park in one lot, if you want passes for other lots they need to be approved and are not usually granted. Also there is no student parking for the dining hall which is in the very back of campus and a far walk for everyone who doesn't own an apartment in University Landing.

Some students have to park off campus and catch a shuttle to bring them to campus. I have never had to do this, but I have heard many of my classmates talk about this being an inconvenience. Another thing I find frustrating is that my classrooms are always freezing. Even during the warmer months I wear long sleeves and pants.