University of North Dakota Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

J

Recently it was recently that UND is the #1 school with the least studious students. However, this is far from true. My roomates and I spend much time around our kitchen table or in the library studying for our tests, writing our papers, or whatever is due in class the next day. Walk into any building whether its the Union. library, or a residence hall on campus and you can find students studying.

Aulia

Perhaps the biggest stereotype about UND is that most of the students here are aviation students. Although the aviation program attracts students from across the globe, there are many students that major in different fields of studies, such as nursing and pre-med. In fact, based on what I've read, aviation students make up only about 10 percent of the entire student body.

UND's aviation department is the most noticeable part of the school. there are a huge number of aviation students here participating in the flight school

Aulia

Perhaps the biggest stereotypes about UND is that most of the students here are aviation students. Although the aviation program attracts students from across the globe, there are many students that major in different fields of studies, such as nursing and pre-med. In fact, based on what I've read, aviation students make up about 10 percent of the entire student body at UND.

Aulia

Aulia

Aulia

Debbie

Drunks

Debbie

The stereotype of students at this University is "drunks." This school had been listed at one time as the number one binge drinking school in the nation. Although there is A LOT of alcohol consumption by students, I feel that this stereotype is only half true. Weekends at this school are loud, and I will say that a majority of the students do go out and party, however it is definitely not all of the students and there are many who don't partake. Nonetheless, just because a majority of the students drink, doesn't mean they are not serious about their educations.