University of North Dakota Top Questions

I think the best thing about my school is that we are all brought together for the love of our hockey team. That is a big part of our community of Grand Forks and it really shows. The town is bonded by the excitement of hockey games Friday and Saturday nights.

Carly

The best thing about attending the University of North Dakota is the school spirit. Everyone is so passionate about our school and our sports team that it is impossible not feel pride at school events or games. Alumni are fierce supporters and students are excited to be part of something bigger than themselves.

Honestly, the quality of education here is spectacular. I love my professors and my classes. The variety of information available for study is incredible and there are always people around to help you figure out the right choices for your interests and abilities. As a double major/double minor, my advisors are really important, and I'm really happy with the support they and my other professors have provided for me. All in all, everyone is really accomodating and my peers are nice.

All the professors that I have met are very approachable and willing to listen to your questions. The RAs and Hall Directors make living in the dorms fun and interesting. They are always encouraging you to do your best. Also, the President of the university loves to talk and get to know the students in the university.

The convenience of the shuttle buses with the weather being very cold several months out of the year.

The best thing about the University of North Dakota is that it's a very fun and an educating universtiy. It also has a lot of things to offer such as the academics and also many volunteer and activities to get you involved around the campus. It's a very easy campus to navigate yourself around and also everyone on campus if friendly and the enviornment is great. Its a great place to go to college.

The overall school spirit is very strong. Almost everyone goes to the Hockey games on the weekends and it is a great way to meet people! I also like the size of the campus. Its not huge but also not small, its perfect!

I think the best thing about the University of North Dakota is that you are allowed to be your own person. You are not forced to change the person you are in any way, and you are allowed to do what you need to do to be whoever you want to be.

For me it's the location and size.

Tabitha

With the major in chemistry you can get the ACS certificate upon graduation rather than having to be in the work field for three years first, and the new forensic science lab.

Helene

The faculty really cares and take the time to get to know you and find things for you of interest to your future.

The best thing is the atmosphere. Everyone talks to everyone, even if they don't know each other. Everyone here is just friendly.

The best thing about my school is that my professors are very attentive to my work and are always willing to help me out.

It's not a huge school but it's not a small one either. It's a great size, far enough away from home to be on my own for a bit, people are great, education is well taught, and I love the Greek Life.

School spirit and hockey games!

Tyroniesha

the availability of finding food friens and family

I think the best thing about my school is that the class sizes are not overwhelmingly big. When you get more into your specific field, it is easy to get close to the people who are there with you taking the same classes.

We are a very social school, with a lot of school spirit. Right now there is confrontation about our school nickname and the entire campus is pulling to save it. We are very proud of our sports and academic achievments. You can always find somone to talk to about current events concerning hocky, football, or basketball. It's fun to hangout with friends at sporting events and have a good time. We have won many championships and sent many plaers on to pro sports. It's a good envoronment and we start young.

Emmylou

I love the atmosphere, not too big or too small. The classes are big enough to get a variety of people but not too big where you have no communication with one another and the teacher.

Kjerstin

It is very friendly.

Josephine

affordable tuition

The best thing about UND is the strong sense of community and school spirit. I love going to sporting events and seeing how proud students are to be a Fighting Sioux. Even though there are thousands of students here, we are a tight-knit community. I am from Colorado, but as far as I am from home I feel as though I fit in and that I am at my home away from home.

The best thing that I believe my school has is it's hockey team. The entire campus and community is drawn together on friday and saturday night during hockey season to cheer on our team and support our school. Go Sioux!!!!!

The best thing about the University of North Dakota is the people. Everyone is very friendly, and the instructors are very helpful.

josh

i was suprised that a lot of people that go to the school arent from north dakota. the aviation program is the best in the country and thats what attracts a lot of people. i also am the president of a fraternity on campus and its one of the best things ive ever been involved in. ive met some of my best friends there and i would strongly suggest checking out the greek life.

The hockey team, everyone gets into the spirit with hockey. Also, the Flight programs, the Aerospace complex is very impressive, best in nation.

The best thing about UND is the extracurricular activities. We have a great Wellness Center and going to sporting events (football, hockey, etc.) is such a great experience.

The best thing is how friendly everyone is. People are very approachable, and exhibit kindness to strangers on a regular basis. Students, staff, and faculty seem to go out of their way to help others.

There is a very strong Honors Program that is incredibly diverse and very willing to work with other departments so students can take courses that are not typically offered on a college campus.

The University is large enough to offer many opportunities but small enough to care.

Jaimie

What I consider to be the best thing about The University of North Dakota is the friendly atmosphere and environment created here. I love the student's and willingness to talk with one another and help eachother. I enjoy being in North Dakota living in the crazy snow storms with everyone and seeing all the gorgeous snow! It's a wonderful campus and lay out of buildings and there are a lot of services provided for the students if we look for them. I am thankful for a job career fair each semester to help steer us towards our goals.

The people and area around campus

The best thing is the professors and the learning environment because they are always around for the students and available to give them advice.

Connie

The University of North Dakota Walsh Hall hosted the 1st Annual Cardboard Boat Race/Battle on May 3rd, 2008.

Jae

University of North Dakota may be out of the way on the map, but the type of education it provides brings in large amounts of out-of-state students that help bring diversity to the area. It feels like every professional major a person could ask for is provided as a major on this campus.

Tamara

as a single mother they are very family friendly and work hard to make sure your needs are met.

Tyrone

The Honors Program

The best part of the school is its sports. They bring a high quality of sports to North Dakota.