University of North Dakota Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of North Dakota

audrey

If you don't like the cold, North Dakota schools should be taken off your list. Grand Forks is also not the most exciting place to live, so that should be kept in mind, as well. However, the University of North Dakota is a nice school with fairly decent academics and teachers. The low tuition and fees price makes the cold far more bearable.

Jordyn

My overall opinion of this university is that the academics are especially good. I have enjoyed every class that I have taken this semester. I am very happy with the teachers and instructors. I think this school is great and I highly recommend it to anyone coming to a public institution.

Marlie

I love the University of North Dakota! The weather may be frigid and the town isn't a large city, but the people around the university are warm and very welcoming. It only took a few days for UND to feel like home with the friends that I made here. Academics are excellent, especially the honors program. There is always opportunity for good conversation and getting involved and connected to the surrounding community. The dining halls are nice and have great food. There are numerous excellent places to study and all of my professors have been accessible.

Mariah

I love going to school at UND! There is a wide variety of things to be involved with. The campus is currently getting a renovation, but everything is accessible and easy to get to. The parking on campus could us some improvement. Everyone on campus (students, faculty, and professors) are all nice and easy to reach, if needed.

Courtney

The University of North Dakota has been a wonderful school to attend. As a freshmen and coming from a small town, it was comforting it have the "small town" class sizes, but the opportunity to meet thousands of other students. The staff is outstanding, they care for the students and it is very apparent they truly want their students to succeed. It has been a pleasure attending UND and I look forward to the upcoming year.

S

Great school. Fantastic aviation program!

Massimo

The University of North Dakota provides an adequate educational experience for the price it demands. One concern within the facility is the somewhat frequent DDoS attacks on the school's internet; this seems to occur at least once a month, and the resolution period can last a few hours, which is detrimental if a class requires the use of the internet for an assignment. While there are, of course, various steps that could be taken to improve the conditions, but overall there is not any major issue with the institution.

Dylan

The University of North Dakota is a great college! I have experienced some of the nicest people whilst attending. The professors are easy to talk to unless they are busy of course. The administration is fantastic to work with as well. I felt paying for college was made easy.

Jess

I can't say enough good things about this University. Every student is welcomed with open arms, and has a full support network. UND wants you to be successful, and they are going to help you in whatever way they can. The winters may be cold, but it is so worth it.

jacob

UND has set me up for success. The teachers are excellent. Housing and tuition is very affordable and the food provided is healthy and delicious. I am a commercial aviation student, and I can vouch for the aviation program. It is amazing. Our planes are kept nice and clean. There is only one downside. The winters here can get very, very cold. So bring some warm clothes. It's a must.

Kaitlyn

The majority of the staff that work there don't know what they are doing. If you ask a question, you are referred to like five different people and they still can't figure it out. The whole system is very unorganized and many of the staff don't seem to care about the well being of the students.

Sara

I love it here.

The University of North Dakota is a great 4-year university that is both affordable and well-equipped to help you be competitive in the job market. UND offers a variety of activities and clubs that allow students to grow academically, personally, and professionally. I would recommend UND to anyone who had a desire to learn and shape not only their future, but the future of their generation.

Andrew

Great University!

Mason

The University of North Dakota is the perfect place. I am I home person. I like being with my family. UND made me feel at home and made the adjustment easy. The professors care about you and are there to help you succeed. The campus is gorgeous and the food is amazing. There are so many opportunities. Everyone can find something here. I highly recommend UND to anyone who is not sure or is considering it.

Haley

I love this university. I could not see myself going anywhere else. The facilities are up to date and efficient, making everything reachable. The professors are terrific as well. They care about their students and are willing to go the extra mile to help if they know someone is having a hard time. The campus in general is a great location and I never feel uneasy walking around by myself. Also, there are so many organizations and groups to get involved in and various athletic events to watch during the week and weekend. At UND there is always something to do, you just have to be willing to get up and do it.

Alexis

My overall opinion is that this school is amazing. It is definitally a college town which is what I love about it. The hockey games are amazing and something everyone needs to go to and the atmosphere is always crazy. It doesn't matter if it's -20 degrees there is still people going outside. Also Greek life is huge I met some of my best friends that way.

Abby

I love going to the University of North Dakota. Even though it is bitterly cold and in the middle of no where (4.5 hours to the nearest large city), you will not find better people, better professors, or a better hockey team anywhere in the US. I am proud to go to my school, and my only complaints have to do with the location and the weather. (I'm not kidding, it's super cold) Occasionally there's administration problems with several presidents coming and going in my last three years at the school, but in the end students stand up for what they believe in and I will be sad to graduate next year.

Nicholas

My experience at the University of North Dakota has not been positive. I have found that there are two extremes. There are those students who live for the party and the other student who studies all of the time. There is no middle ground for a student like myself.

A'shanti

Overall I am quite pleased with the academic experience that UND has provided over the past several years. Many of its' programs, one of which I am lucky to be a part of, are top notch. There's definitely something for everybody recreationally and socially, good or bad, if you look in the right places and meet the right people.

Tyler

The University of North Dakota is a gorgeous campus with great academics, sports, arts, and other extracurricular activities. The university is very welcoming and well run. They have a very good aviation, nursing, and engineering program which is one reason why I chose UND to pursure a degree in mechanical engineering.

Misato

The university, especially the aviation school, is fantastic. There are so many resources that will help me get to a career eventually. They bring in speakers from different companies and there are more opportunities to network. Professors are always willing to work one on one too. Even if it is a large lecture, they always stay behind during class to help any student out.

Blake

The University of North Dakota is overall a great school. The academics are top notch, the athletics are also exciting to watch an cheer on. I have had good experiences with almost all professors. However,​ there are a few things that are not ideal, like the cost of tuition and books, as well as the winter months being extremely cold.

Elayna

The University of North Dakota is well for starts.. in North Dakota. What that means is there is brutal winters, lots of flat land, and not a whole lot of people. Grand Forks is a smaller town but for North Dakota it's considered a city. Now while this doesn't sound great, once you get here you'll understand why people go to UND. I love this school and it might be partially because I grew up in North Dakota so the cold doesn't get to me as much as others. If you don't like hockey yet, you will. People start lining up for 7pm games at 6am in negative 25 degree weather, and no thats not an exaggeration. The atmosphere on campus is one of pride. People are proud to go to UND and that pride makes the blizzarding winters worth it because you can go back home and say yeah I sat outside for hours in the wind and cold just to sit in a cold arena and watch hockey. Or yeah I walked a mile to class in below zero temperatures with 30 mph winds to take my final, and I aced it. UND is unique and although it might not be for everyone, there's no school I'd rather call home.

It is very cold. I wish I would have gone somewhere warmer. There isn't much to do around town either. All anyone does it go out and drink on the weekends. Off campus housing is decent, but it can be expensive for a decent place. The people are generally nice though.

Jacob

Great school overall, you get what you put into it. I am an aviation student and I think the aviation side of the campus has a lot more to offer than other programs. I can tell that the staff care though and that they really do work hard. The school's sports games are a big deal and there's a lot of on-campus activities. It's very affordable as well and the value is pretty decent.

Mario

Its nice here while the sun is out once it gets behind the layer of clouds only cold follows. But overall good school education wise.

Riley

The school is very rewarding and you can gather a lot of information in every corner. There is always a place to be somewhere on the campus. We keep getting new and improved buildings and now that our president has just left, there are many people who are looking forward to the future and growth of this small community.

Kara

It is a good school and a great place to be. Being a transfer student can be stressful at times as some academic classes are different numbers between schools and the campus system does not recognize those differences as being the same classes. Other wise, the school is good.

Evan

The University of North Dakota is a great school for any type of student to attend. The campus is a manageable size and the student body isn’t too big so you don’t feel like a number. All professors clearly care about their students and are there to help them! Overall, UND is a great college choice for any student and I believe most student will feel connected and adapt well to this school.

Tyson

My experience at UND has been somewhat of a roller coaster but ultimately a great ride. I came to UND fall of 2010 and plan on graduating with a degree in Accounting by fall 2018. I will then go on to take my CPA exam in hopes of working in an accounting firm. My journey has been longer than expected but I am determined to finish. I am the first generation in my family to go to college which makes this journey not only special to me but to my family and friends as well. This past summer I was diagnosed with ADHD. Currently I am working with disability services, the counseling center and my professors to improve my grades. I am developing new learning styles/ study skills to help reach my goal of graduation. The staff at UND has all gone above and beyond to help me reach my fullest potential. I feel that without this supportive environment I would have not of made it this far. The professors are overwhelmingly supportive of their students and will help with anything. They are just as invested as the students. Besides the academics, UND also offers endless groups/activities. I am currently a member of the accounting club. The accounting club hosts various events throughout the semester to help students network with accounting firms, as well as prompting students to participate in community events. I was also a member of Delta Tau Delta but had to withdraw due to limited finances. I still am connected with my brothers and being a part of that will forever be an important part of my life. Another fun experience that UND has to offer is its sporting events. Hockey games are exciting and fun and the fan base really shows UND’s school pride. I chose to attend UND because it is a culturally diverse campus, it provides an unlimited amount of ways for me to be socially/academically active and has a great accounting program.

The University of North Dakota has far more to see than its academic programs and majors. Besides its famous aviation program, there are other prestigious programs and opportunities to get involved in that area of study outside of the classroom. Also.. nothing beats the hockey games.

It was a nice, smaller sized campus. I liked that everything was within a 10 minute walk. Most of my professors were very helpful. I was originally going for engineering, but realized very quickly that it was not for me. The school could've done a better job making it easier for me to change my major. I think the food was decent, but after awhile dining center food gets very repetitive. Overall it was a nice school, but not for me which is why I am transferring in the fall.

Kassidy

Choosing to go to the University of North Dakota was the best decision I have ever made. The University has excellent professors and study facilities. I love the school spirit that radiates across campus. There are countless opportunities for students to get involved.

Travis

UND is a terrific college to attend. It has many different majors with students from all over the country. The aviation program is leading the world with innovation. The weather can be chilly in the winter. However, there are lots of tunnels and walkways between buildings.

Tyler

So far UND has been good, plenty of activates going on to keep busy when you need a break from studying. Atmosphere is rather friendly but we are also pretty close to the Canadian boarder so that might have something to do with it. If you are huge on winter activates such as skiing, hope you enjoy cross-country.

Fatyma

The University of North Dakota is a well managed school with many amenities. The college life overall is very exciting and very original, there is help around every corner along with a smile. Everything about the school makes it almost feel like a family.

Alexandra

I really love it here. Everyone is here is really friendly and most of the faculty is great. I feel safe walking around at night. The hockey games are the best part. You really feel like a community at games because we normally win and that brings everyone together.

The University of North Dakota offers students a variety of ways to get involved in something that they love. There are so many great people who go to school here and the community surrounding the college backs it 100%. Everyone is so nice and caring in the area that it truly feels like home.

Catherine

This school has so much spirit for its sports teams, especially hockey. The academics are good, but generally not very highly ranked nationally. The town of Grand Forks could not be more boring, so that is a definite down side. Also, if you like warm weather this is not the place for you. Be sure to pack your parka.

Madeline

I love attending the University of North Dakota, everyone in my family starting with my grandparents have attended this university. The friends I have made are amazing and I really enjoy my professors and my classes, I believe I found where i was supposed to be.

Zack

The University of North Dakota is a great school with a lot of great people. Students spend their weeks attending classes and studying hard then spend their weekends cheering on the hockey team and unwinding. All of my professors make themselves as available as possible and are always willing to help if you're struggling. My only wish is that there were more businesses close to campus.

University of North Dakota has a perfect size campus that offers great places to study, eat, and learn. If you don't pay to be in a sorority, it can be difficult to find people to meet because of the lack of clubs, but there is always some event going on campus. Like any school, University of North Dakota offers great, passionate teachers but also terrible ones. If you register early to get the good teachers it shouldn't be a problem. Furthermore, UND has a lot of deferred maintenance and budgeting issues, but overall is a great place to get a relatively cheap education.

Mollie

University of North Dakota is hands down the best college in the state. It has a great student body connection and bond. It’s truly a top quality school. One of the greatest bonding experiences at the University of North Dakota is its famous hockey games. Those are what I’m looking forward to the most.

Grace

The University of North Dakota has a fun atmosphere. There's something for everyone, from hockey games to political clubs. The best part, is that in the short span I've been here, it has become my home. UND gives a whole new meaning to "North Dakota nice"; The professor's care tremendously about their students and the student atmosphere is amazing. I honestly couldn't imagine going to any other college.

Morgan

I graduated in the University of North Dakota's Biology department. This department is full of brilliant people who know what they are doing. The classes are a lot of work, but so worth it in the end. I really enjoyed all the people I have met and the experiences here. Plus hockey here is amazing.

Tyler

UND is a great school for aviation but other than that its seems mediocre from the other students I converse with. They are going through a rough patch right now and are having to make some difficult cuts so they can renovate buildings to appease the new generation looking for a college. The majority of professors and instructors that I have come in contact with have been amazing and very helpful with my learning.

Kennedy

Moving away from home is an exciting but terrifying aspect of life. Moving to University of North Dakota felt like I never left. My Resident Assistants greeted me at the door and made sure I was completely comfortable with where I would be spending the next four years of my life. Campus is gorgeous, and offers many places to relax, study, socialize, and engage in a homemade meal. Despite the extreme cold temperature that burns your lungs as you walk to class, I have never (nor intend to) miss a single lecture, because I am thoroughly interested in what I learn each day. All my professors know me by name and are quick to respond to emails and answer any questions I could possibly have. They teach subjects that may appear dis-interesting or dry in a way that allows everyone to become enthused. The academics at North Dakota are awesome, but so are the ways to get engaged. From intramural sports to rock-climbing, volunteer opportunities and more, North Dakota has it all. Bored on a Friday night? Attend a thrilling hockey game at the stunning Ralph Engelstad Arena. Dying to see real life musicians? Venture over to the Chester Fritz Auditorium, where performances are always taking place. University of North Dakota is more than a college. It is a place where you can truly grow.

Anna

the campus at the university of north Dakota is amazing and beautiful. There are many different types of activities and intramural that take place all year long. The teachers at UND are all very nice and polite. Everyone on campus is pretty friendly and there is really not much to complain about.

Courtney

My professor is very empathetic and can be contact through email at any time. The grading of my assignments takes longer than i would like but is still totally reasonable. I enjoy the class and find it interesting-they do a good job making the learning more applicable to life rather than trivia knowledge.