University of North Texas Top Questions

Robert

My college, the University of North Texas, is rated one of the best music schools in the country. Specially it is known for the Jazz music program. It is the first University in the United States to have a Jazz program. Besides the jazz, it is great in all other areas of music, including singing, classical music, ethnic musics and more. It is a great place to discover music, be influenced by all kinds of music and diverse musicians from all over the world who come to study there.

Vipin

University of North Texas is a beautiful campus that is located in the middle of a quiet city named Denton. There are many attractions around campus that can keep a college student entertained, but it is not too close to campus as to cause a disturbance for students on campus.

This school is very environmentally friendly, has a new business building, unfortunately has been in the process of building a union building while I've been there so I haven't had one, and the it is in a college town with local businesses that are deeply connected to the school. There is strong community for such a large number of students. They had a center for entrepreneurship and a $20,000 competetion for students businesses, until this year now that they have funding problems. There are some odd political things going on in administration causing some issues.

Danielle

Nationally renowned art and music schools. We have produced both artists and musicians well known all around the world. I'm proud to be a part of that legacy

Jared

The University of North Texas is unique because of its incredible music program. Unlike other schools that are known for their football or basketball teams, UNT sets itself apart by being one of the best music colleges in the country. Being one of the best music colleges in the country really lets you appreciate musicians more and all of the hard work they put into making amazing music.

UNT is an extremely diverse school. It welcomes all types of ethnicities, religions, and sexuality preferances. It is also has a really big music school with over 1,000 music performances a year. Everyone is very unique and talented!

malcolm

Diversity is a very controversial topic when dealing with an institution, espicially a larger one. When people choose to attend these institutions, they know that the sociological ecosystem is one of assimilation and adaptation to the many new aspects of a higher learning environment. The University of North Texas offers anyone, of any background a chance to be integrated into a diverse learning community with other fascinated thinkers . Who , when put together collectively contribute to the overall status- quo of the institution.

The diversity of the school is substantional, while you are there not only will you get an extrodinary education, but youll also be able to go through new life experiences and grow as a person. Well balanced in every category and very affordable.

Tiffany

It's a liberal arts school. It doesn't specialize in anything and is a big college close to home.

Gabrielle

The school is very open to new ideas and thoughts.

Sierra

University of North Texas is environment friendly with recycle bins, a beautiful campus with trees and old-timey buildings. My college is special compared to other institutions because the school itself is relatively small with only 36,000 students; they put every ounce of energy in treating each student like they belong and they desverse to be there. The school has so much to offer with one of the greatest Music and Art programs in the country, along with a variety of other majors. There is no limits with what the students at UNT can accomplish .

adrian

i think UNT is unique because its a liberal school in a conservative state so you get alot of diffrent opinions of stuff

Yolanda

The number of accredited programs, and the flexiblity with class schedules.

Caley

My school has one of the best music programs in the country, not that I am a music major, although it is very liberal. I also enjoy the proximity of the downtown square as well as the DFW metroplex.

Brooke

UNT has all the perks of a large university but has the feel of a much smaller community. It was also much more cost-effective.

Jimmesia

It's is a very diverse school!

JoNell

UNT offers a small community feel white offering large school amenities.

The school is big enough to offer many resources but still has the feel of a small community.

School is close to home and provides good education for the price.

george

I loved the MLS program.

Mason

The University of North Texas has always had a strong music tradition, which is what I came to school for. They bring in the best music faculty and tons of great student performers. The campus is smaller than I expected would be needed for all of its students, but it gets the job done quite well. It's very eco-friendly, and open to people of all backgrounds.

Angela

The University of North Texas is my personal haven from the conservative views surrounding it. If new students enter with an open mind, they will be encouraged to think critically about the world around them in a way most people are never able to experience. Even though I grew up just forty-five minutes away from campus, the university is like a completely different world that I would have otherwise never experienced.

Dale

Directed to those reading this--I can only see the cost of tuition going higher as more HS grads. realize how good a school this is.

Kristin

It provides a peaceful studying environment outside of the classroom and buildings.

Monica

My school is small and the individuals attending have the same goals as me to get a degree. To focus on their career at a 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} and have their priority straight.

Constance

I love the inexpensive tuition yet expensive education wise. Meaning the education I receive and others receive at UNT can match any Ivy League University in my opinion. The professors are well educated and passionate in their field of study and most bring the passion of their's to the classroom to share with their students. They open their pupils' minds and have us thinking deeper than we've ever thought or thought to think.

Trey

This school has a lot of courses available but still retains something of a small campus feel. The professors are very approachable. The course requirements seem resonable.

Kristen

The University of North Texas is a very open and accepting campus. The diversity of ethnicities, cultures, sexual orientations, and otherwise is quite broad. Students here are particularly involved in activism for the causes they care about.

Deavon

Great Liberal Arts programs, fast developing science programs, highly diverse and accepting.

Cordia

I considered other public and private schools but what stood out to me was the closeness of the campus. Thus surrounded by nature and the freeness of students and the choices of days that I had for classes.

Jesse

My school is very supportative of the music school and most teachers are acomodating to the situations that come up. I feel like the best thing about the campus right now is that it is going through somewhat of a revival with restoration to some of the buildings on campus and rennovation to almost every building. They are building a new football stadium and they recenty built a new concert hall in our music building. I think over all, this school is well funded and supported by the community.

Wyneisha

UNT has a prestigious Psychology Graduate School Program, and since that is my major that is what made me decide to transfer here, along with my new teammates and the family environment that I built with them. I also love that North Texas is a public institution with private school education funding, so we are getting the best of both worlds for outstanding prices!

The University of North Texas is the third largest school in Texas and I always wanted to go to a large school because the diversity of people it attracts and the quality of the athletics programs. I was considering the other two larger schools in Texas the University of Texas and Texas A&M, but what I loved about the University of North Texas was the compactness of the campus. On the campus in Denton you can walk from one end to the other in less than ten minutes; while the other schools you have to drive to different parts.

Charlene

amazing music program, cheaper than most schools

Christiana

There is a lot of school spirit around. The students are very friendly and you will fit in no matter what kind of person you are.

Raymond

The school is very liberal, and most anyone can find a niche. There is heavy artistic and musical influence, and we are known to be a very music/art oriented school.

anthony

Big campus, School color is green every body likes green, location, great student organzations that help and "call" you if you need help with any thing. Can get through to financial aid pretty fast there staff is pretty big , easy courses well online

The University of North Texas is the best in many areas of study. Our music school for example is the best in the world! For me, it is great because their education program is one of the best in the nation. With that, and the wonderful atmosphere of Denton, Texas, UNT won me over compaired to other schools. Also I come from Allen, TX so its only an hour drive to run back home and see my family.

Shayla

The thing that is unique about my campus comapred to other schools is the fact that we are a green campus. We try to do our best as a campus community to help out the environment that we live in today.

Heather

UNT is unique in a sense that it offers many different majors instead of focussing on certain ones.

Chase

The biggest reason I chose to attend the University of North Texas is because of the history of the school. The school changed its name to UNT from North Texas State University in the 60's. At that time, there was a lot of conflict circulating around the U.S.A from racial tensions, war, and drugs. I chose UNT because their student body has always seemed to be more open minded than the other campus I've met and the people that I've talked to. They are really accepting of anybody despite your background or beliefs.

Anna

My school is unique in that it is a diverse university with many distinguished professors. The different areas of study and possible opportunities are endless! I am a music education major at UNT. The music program at UNT is world famous. It is wonderful for me because I can go to a University and graduate with a degree while still getting the professional training as if I were at a conservatory.

University of North Texas is the perfect size. Whether you like a large or small university, this school will fit your preference. It?s small enough where you recognize familiar faces and large enough where you can always meet new faces. North Texas considers everyone family, a ?Mean Green? family, which is comforting at times.

Joseph

It is rapidly advancing concerning its curriculum and level of involvement in student activities and affairs. We, at the University of North Texas are seeking to continually outdo ourselves in order to compete, if not defeat, the ivy league schools. Of course, this is coming from a mechanical and energy engineering student's standpoint. Overall, UNT is a place for any student of any background to grow and mature into a well-rounded adult.

Audriana

I find that the University of North Texas' college of music offers an incredible program for a great price. Although it is a large school, you feel as if you recieve thorough and personal attention from instructors. The amount of knowlede you recieve is vast and done so in a such a short time. Instructors are available for the majority of the day to help and answer questions. There are buildings designated for practicing specifically and an on-campus instrument repairman. The resources on campus are endless.

Sihyun

Unlike other schools I have considered, The University of North Texas has a renowned College of Music that is considered to be the best in the southwestern region of the U.S and has a mighty marching band of 300+ members most of which are music majors, so we are loud, yet awesome.

Julie

It has provided me an online learning experience in which I can finish my bachelors degree while having a family and working full time.

Esther

One of the unique things about UNT is that Denton, is a smaller town, but its close enough to the Metroplex to be able to have some fun there but traffic in Denton isn't bad. Its also a very artsy school. So there are lots of unique people that attend the school.

Katie

This school integrates everyones own diverse and personal style and background in to our campus life and we all embrace each other and where we came from and learn from each other. Its an amazing life experience to go through while you grow up and figure out where your going in life.

Raquel

It is very diverse, and relatively friendly people. It's quiet a beautiful campus. :-)