University of North Texas Top Questions

Jaylyn

The fashion design program. the arts and music programs at unt are great.

Jacob

It is one of the "greenest" or environmentally friendly universities in the United States. This school utilizes solar, wind, and and other alternative forms of energy in addition to constructing their buildings with eco-friendliness in mind.

Ferryn

I brag the most about the diversity that is so evidently obvious at UNT. It is so great because it is easy to make friends. People aren't guarded and keeping to themselves; everyone wants to meet everyone and hang out. I also brag about the lacrosse team because that was the group that I joined that helped me get the great friends that I have now. UNT has changed me because it has opened me up to a different life where I was able to examine myself and find out truly what I wanted to do.

Danielle

I love telling friends that I attend an artsy school. I've been an artsy student a majority of my life. It really makes me proud, that there are so many people on campus who enjoy art too. You can always find a group of people with shared interests, who enjoy doing what you love to do. I also enjoy talking about the diversity. This school has so many different cultures that make up the entire student body, and it was what attracted me to the University in the first place.

blake

All my professors are experts in their fields of study. They didn't just go to school, get a degree and begin teaching. They have actual experience in their respective professions and are willing to share their connections and insight with us.

Haley

Our culture is really one of the most valuable parts of UNT. There is an emphasis on creativity and truly loving what you do. This campus is rather easygoing and friendly.

Tiffany

I brag about the professors I have

Gabrielle

Most people are friendly and willing to help. The campus is nice and open.

Christina

I enjoy the STUB with Taco Bell and Chick-fil-a on campus, the beautiful scenery on the way to classes, the other teachers and students who enjoy being there, the many libraries and free printing, the location in Denton which is close to Walmart and Target, and being close enough to home that I can go home on weekends if I choose to. I especially enjoy seeing and feeding the squirrels around campus.

Chrystal

When talking about the campus i brag about the programs we are recognized for and the location. The campus is in a small town and you have easy access to the tons of food choices of the town.

Shambrica

I brag mostly about the things I have learned in the education field, such as learning theories and the theorist that created them.

Samuel

There is always something that you can go do if you are bored, a seemingly endless number of intramural sports, it's an easy school to get into, it doesn't cost that much, and there are tons of people that want friends if that is what you are into. The campus has a great climate, there are plenty of places to eat, you can walk or bike just about any where, and there are plenty of resources to keep your grades up and keep you healthy.

Brooke

I brag about our famous alumni, how much the professors care about their students, and the strong sense of community found at UNT. I also brag that even though some people may not view UNT as the greatest school, it is a school that can make you great and further you in the path that you want to take.

Ozziel

We have our own weight room! We can also have gaming sessions or cooling out sessions in our gaming room.

Convenience.

Kaitlyn

University of North Texas has a beautiful campus filled with gorgeous trees, pathways, and greenery. We are known for our high scholaring music, business, and art students and overall do very well. I feel safe walking on campus, and have experienced very nice professors thus far. Overall, I feel at home at UNT, which I find to be most important when going to college.

Mason

The music program, and the support for the arts. We have wonderful faculty, performance venues, and students of music. We have a very nice art studio, as well as a great dance studio. It's in a well-balanced college town, and there are plenty of things that anyone can do whenever they want to go do something.

kimberly

Its a big, nice campus and the people are really nice and helpful

Sara

Denton and the surrounding areas are pure awesome. I love the town. Also, the people there are just wonderful. :)

Constance

I brag about the numerous activities my school has for the students.

Amy

I don't actually brag about my school much, but when I do it's mostly just to say that's it's a good place for music. Also, I like to say that when you're out walking around campus and the weather's nice, you'll often hear people practicing their instruments outside.

Trey

Unlike some schools the TA's seem competent and are understandable.

Kayleigh

I always brag about how beautiful the UNT campus is. In my opinion, UNT has the most beautiful campus in Texas. The buildings are pretty and the landscaping is always gorgeous, even in winter.

Arielle

We have tons of diversity! Everyone at UNT is very open minded and accepting of one another. All types of people can be seen interacting with one another which creates an open and friendly environment. People at UNT are definitely more interested in getting to know you as a person rather than just labeling you as just another face in the crowd.

Dereka

There is a lot of school spirit and lots to do both on and off campus. UNT has the best Fashion Merchandising program in the nation!

That the music scene here is unbelievable. The local shows that happen in the North Texas area are usually just as good as professional touring bands. There is so much undiscovered talent in this homey town! Plus, we are near Fort Worth, Dallas, Arlington, and only a short trip from Austin. There is so much to do here and a lot of cool cities around.

Richard

UNT has one of the greatest design programs in the nation. They work you to death, but I love the challege. The teachers are very smart and know what they are doing. It is all around a great school.

Jeffery

Excellent College of Music. World-renowned One o' Clock Lab Band. One of the largest music libraries in the country. Great venues and facilities on campus for performance/other uses. Excellent faculty, many with very high qualifications and tremendous reputations. Friendly staff/administration. Wonderful financial aid program (Emerald Eagle Scholars; covers average cost of 15 semester hours in tuition/fees, given that student obligations are met/maintained). Diverse student/faculty distribution (culture, ethnic background, etc). Beautiful campus, spacious and well-equipped to provide for student necessities. Countless opportunities to be involved in campus life and gain exposure.

Janine

I brag mostly about the libraries, and the gym.

Jeriah

I am going to the school in Fall 2010. Therfore I have no comments on this subject.

Jillian

How helpful and involved everyone is and how easy it is to meet people when you live on-campus

David

It's an artistic, fun college.

Genevieve

I brag about the campus, it is simply beautiful. The faculty, who I've meet, are amazing. And it is pretty up to date.

Sara

The campus is near the DFW area which offers many activities and shopping areas. Denton, itself is not a subject of boasting but it's an hour from the amenities of Dallas and the prosperous surrounding cities.

Keith

I brag about our school being a "Green" school. We strive to be as environmentally friendly as we can be. I also brag about the quality of education as well as our school having some of the best professors and staff imaginable. In addition, I also boast that Doctor Phil and Nora Jones are graduates of the University of North Texas. We also have one of the most technologically advanced libraries in the nation.

Cynthia

First of all, I love college. The resources college campuses offer are endless, and the faculty members want their students to succeed. What I love about the University of North Texas specifically, is the fact that we live up to our name. We are home of the "Mean Green" Eagles, and our campus has literally gone green. There are recycling bins in every residence hall, collecting plastic, metal, and cardboard. Whenever campus events are held students are asked to B.Y.O.B. "Bring Your Own Bottle", to reduce the cost of buying cups and having to wash them.

Lindy

There is a great music program at UNT, especially jazz. Norah Jones and Meatloaf both attended UNT before going on to become superstars and many alumni have won Grammys with the jazz bands.

The fact that I have met many people who share my interests and I have made many international friends. There are many international students at my university, so I am able to learn about many other cultures.

Amber

That it's a large campus with 35,000 students, and close to Dallas/Ft. Worth. Decent sized campus with a number of food places.

Autumn

The thing that I brag about most when telling my friends about my school is the wonderful academics the school has to offer. Within the school's academic system many celebrates have arised from it. For instance, Dr. Phil is an alumni of the University of North Texas and this exemplifies the excellency this school has to offer. The univeristy also has been braged upon in the music department. The jazz band at the university has been nominated for a Grammy award.

Courtney

I wasn't born and raised in Texas. I came from an area where everything moved a bit faster. I surely didn't come from a place that is full of people with so much pride. When I brag to my friends about my school, I definitely don't hesitate in saying, "We're the Mean Green Eagles and proud of it!" We're also a campus that practices an eco-friendly lifestyle. Can it get any better than that? We're proud, and we're helping the planet one day at a time.

Shannon

The University of North Texas has one of the best music schools in the country, along with one of the top resesrch schools in the country.

Audriana

The college of music on campus provides one of the best, if not the best music program in America. Many people transfer from several countries to recieve instruction. The instructors are profound and established musicians who have hands on experience in each field of study. The opportunity is vast and there is so much to take advantage of.

Angela

I go to a very liberal and diverse school. There are many opportunities for growth and development. We have school spirit and wonderful programs. My school has a lot o different majors and programs offered. There are extra curricular organizations for alost everything, and if an organization doesn't aready exist youcan create one easily. My university offers the feeling ofa prite school with many teachers who are easily accesible and willing to tutor. The university also offers a variety of programs developed to help you succeed in your studies.

Anna

I often tell my friends about the music on campus. Anywhere and at anytime it seems that I hear all types of different music - on my way to class, in the dorm, in the cafeteria - someone is playing an instrument. I really enjoy the talent that our student body has in the creative fields outside of music as well, such as art. I have met many artists at North Texas and am impressed with their skill. Also, the professors are very involved and committed to helping students learn the material sufficiently.

Monica

The gym

Shannon

Most of the time I love to tell my friends about everything happening on campus. Everywhere you look there is something going on. People are protesting, trying to teach, and raising money for some cause all of the time, and I think it is great that the university allows this freedom. Another thing I brag about is my teachers. Some universities seem cold and uncaring. At UNT, the professors try to help you. They give you ways to contact them, and are there whenever you have a question. I feel like that is something that is worth bragging about.

Petite

I usually brag about the diversity here and the great activities it has, mainly the professors, how they go out of their way to help and support.

wayne

I thell them that we r now the 4th largest in the state.

Aaron

Amazing pre-med advising, awesome caring professors, and a very research focused biology community!